P0132 Front O2 Sensor, Bank 1 Rich Shift Monitoring

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
pmav

I have an 05 g35 coupe with a problem. The error code is P0132 and P0152. Both oxygen sensors where changed and the ecu was changed as I was told that it was not good. I got one from car-part but it is for an 03 G35. Had the ecu replaced at the dealer and everything was alright for about a month before the oxygen sensors started acting up. The car is not under warranty long story. Does anyone have any ideas on what to check?Would the ECU cause this situation?But why only the front ones and not the rest of them?Thanks for any response

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

i moved this to the G35 forum.

Welcome to NICO!

87ninefiveone
Car: 2000 Audi S4 - 2.7TT - Chipped by APR, 19mm Nuespeed Rear Anti-Sway, Shortshifter

What kind of mileage does the car have? Even if its not covered under the traditional warranty due to modifications if its less than 2 years old and has under 20,000 miles the goverment mandates that Infiniti/Nissan cover all emisions control related parts. Beyond that there's a few parts that are covered to 8 years/80,000 miles.

Here's a link to the EPA document...if the dealer is giving you a hard time show them this. IT CAN NOT BE VOIDED.

http://www.epa.gov/otaq/consumer/warr95fs.txt

pmav

But could the ecu cause the oxygen sensors to fail?

pmav

But could the ecu cause the oxygen sensors to fail?Because whe I changed the ecu all was well with the sensors for 3 months!Then changed them and the light won't go away!Rather than thinkink defective sensor they say the ecu is malfunctioning and that it needs to be changed. Wouldn't that cause other issues if it was true though?

Also could 87 octane gas cause this issue?

87ninefiveone
Car: 2000 Audi S4 - 2.7TT - Chipped by APR, 19mm Nuespeed Rear Anti-Sway, Shortshifter

The ECU could not cause the O2 sensor to fail. The O2 sensor simply generates a voltage potential thats read by the ECU, thus the ECU doesn't have a way to directly effect or ruin the sensors.

The front O2 sensors tell you when theirs been a misfire. The rear O2 sensors check for catalytic converter efficiency by comparing before and after cat O2 values in the exhaust gas. So if your rear cats are dead then the rear sensors will set a code, something like P0431/P0421 I believe.

87 Octane gas could be the culprit if it had a high oxygenated content (i.e. ethanol). The spark knock along with extra Oxygen content could set a O2 sensor code.

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”