Opinions About Mark Levin

A place for intelligent and well-thought-out discussion involving politics and associated topics. No nonsense will be tolerated at all.
dusred
Car: Previous Q45 owner, 09 Corolla, Ford F250 Diesel truck

Those of you who listen to Conservative talk radio have probably heard of Mark Levin. What are your thoughts and opinions about him?

I think he's right on the mark 90% of the time but I do disagree with him in a few areas. Also he just came out with a new book called "Liberty and Tyranny, A Conservative Manifesto". I intend to get my hands on one and read it. I've heard it has some good information in it.

I'll admit Mark is a d-bag to 90% of his callers but what the heck. . . it's enjoyable listening to him rip a poor, uneducated Liberal apart (no offense to you educated Lib's here).

For those of you who have never heard him here are a few links you can follow:

His website:http://www.marklevinshow.com/http://marklevin.ning.com/

The media completely ignores him for some reason () but he is very effective on his show.

What's your opinion on him?

Cold_Zero
Car: 2003 (3.5) Altima SE & 2005 Pathfinder

I get Levin's show on Sirius Patriot 144, but his show runs the same time as Michael Savage's (FM) show.

My impression is that he rants a whole lot more than Hannity or O' Reilly, with a very squeaky voice. I would have never put the voice to the way he looks. I have nothing against Levin, like I do the Leprechauns, since he actually articulates real conservative values.

Personally, I prefer:Bill Bennett (more intellectual and tame then other conservative talk show hosts)Andrew Wilkow (intellectual, breaks down the issues simply and logically)Michael Savage (Old, cranky and very funny)

Some other talk show hosts I have lost track of:Jerry Doyle Mike Church (around Independence Day, he usually puts together great shows, about 3 hrs in length about the Founding Fathers.)Glenn Beck

dusred

Cold_Zero wrote:
Personally, I prefer:Bill Bennett (more intellectual and tame then other conservative talk show hosts)
Never heard of him.

Quote »Andrew Wilkow (intellectual, breaks down the issues simply and logically)[/quote]Never heard of him either.

Quote »Michael Savage (Old, cranky and very funny)[/quote]LOL! I hear you there. They pulled him from our local radio station because he was too rated R.

Quote »Some other talk show hosts I have lost track of:Jerry Doyle Mike Church (around Independence Day, he usually puts together great shows, about 3 hrs in length about the Founding Fathers.)Glenn Beck[/quote]Heard of Glenn Beck but none of the others. Gosh. Either you're getting old or I'm just too young.

Cold_Zero
Car: 2003 (3.5) Altima SE & 2005 Pathfinder

Come on man, you haven't heard of Bill Bennett? He was Reagan's Secretary of Education and later his Drug Czar? Author of a lot of great books. He is now a talk show host and contributor to CNN.

I can understand not knowing Wilkow, especially if you don't have Sirius/XM radio. He is an up and coming conservative talk show host. http://www.sirius.com/andrewwilkowhttp: ... rew_wilkow
dusred wrote:LOL! I hear you there. They pulled him from our local radio station because he was too rated R.
Yeah, there are times when I have to turn off Savage, especially when my daughter is in the car.

Quote »Heard of Glenn Beck but none of the others. Gosh. Either you're getting old or I'm just too young. [/quote]Nah, it sounds like you need more diversity in your radio stations around where you live. Or better talk shows. Ha! j/k

Mike Church is on Sirius.. so again, I don't blame you for not knowing who he is.

These guys are not that old..You might want to check out Jerry Doyle. I forget that I am listening to a political talk show when he is on, it is that good.http://www.jerrydoyle.com/

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

Channel 100 is a good one

Channel 129 for keeping track of my 401k

Telcoman

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

I get these guys on the military station

Hannity, More abrasive than I like and IMO not objective which undercuts his credibility. He reminds me of an evil Alex P. Keaton and I have difficulty thinking of him as anything better than a neocon brownshirt.Colmes, Some of his positions are ok but he is not a respectful to his callers so I won't try to listen to him anymore. He comes across like a passive agressive weenie and it overshadows some of his good points to his detriment.Limbaugh, idealogically close to me and while conceited it comes across to me at least tongue in cheek. He is strong, truly believes what he says and fights hard for it. I respect him but don't always agree with him.Schultz, While I disagree with him on many things and certainly don't find him moderate he does show his callers and guests a great deal of respect, he listens to them and debates them in a professional way. He does not hate the right but disagrees with them strongly which is fine with me. I find him to be the best commentator even though I don't share his views.

I have not heard Bennett's show but I have seen him as guest on many other shows and I would expect to really like him based upon the few times I have seen him appear.

dusred

Looks like his book is the current best seller on Amazon. I might have to buy one and check it out.

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

ahead of "unleash the skinny girl"

http://www.amazon.com/Naturall...books

Just because American buy it doesn't mean it is good. Mein Kamph sold too.

Return to “Politics Etc.”