On the Panel, what does "Slip" mean?

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
Pmode
Car: G35 Sedan

i notice that sometimes while driving, probably wen i gas the light "slip" comes up blinks a bit and goes away. =/ oh i think i asked already but could i put those tail lights with the circles and dots like or are those just for coupes, or newer models. i have a 03 sedan. Thanks!

edge2794
Car: Infiniti G37S

i believe you can put any type of lights on any car you want...the slip thing is telling you that the wheels arent getting traction on the road, usually this happens for me when i hate the gas on a turn when raining or jus hit the gas to hard...basic use is for snow and rain to tell you to slow ur *** down

joe603
Car: 2014 Durango R/T

Slip light means that your tires are slipping...

Pmode

Lol, ok it was so obvious that, i thought there was more to it, thanks guys.

SteveTheTech
Car: 15 Sentra SR
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-
05 Mazda 6 L3 Sport, 95 J30, 94 D22

When the "SLIP" light comes on it means that a difference in wheel speed has been detected and the VDC is activated, this momentarily (<2 sec typically) cuts the fuel injectors and throttle while applying the brakes do assist in regaining traction(in some models).

If the light comes on when you are not loosing traction and (since you have an 03 and it is not AWD) or if the "brake" and "vdc" lights come on you may require some service.

As for your tail lights, There is no way you can put coupe lights on a sedan, they are not even close, completely different dimensions. The 05-06 tail lights will fit, I have measured them, I do not know if the harnesses match up but that can be easily fixed.

EDIT- I edited the OP to show the bucket pic, for easier viewing.

Pmode

Sweet, steve replied, oh and thanks = o

tollboothwilley
Car: 2003 G35 Sedan w/ NAV

+1

the 05-06 have the circle lights and these are a DIRECT SWAP for the 03-04 tail lights

idiom
Car: G37 AWD

Steve,

I have only "SLIP" lights on due to ground/electric issues. I'm in Fairfax is there way you can help me out with repair for this?
SteveTheTech wrote:When the "SLIP" light comes on it means that a difference in wheel speed has been detected and the VDC is activated, this momentarily (<2 sec typically) cuts the fuel injectors and throttle while applying the brakes do assist in regaining traction(in some models).

If the light comes on when you are not loosing traction and (since you have an 03 and it is not AWD) or if the "brake" and "vdc" lights come on you may require some service.

As for your tail lights, There is no way you can put coupe lights on a sedan, they are not even close, completely different dimensions. The 05-06 tail lights will fit, I have measured them, I do not know if the harnesses match up but that can be easily fixed.

EDIT- I edited the OP to show the bucket pic, for easier viewing.

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

If you are having wiring issues I'd suggest digging through the FSM. Not going to be the easiest thing to troubleshoot.

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”