Olin Ross OR703

Home project-related forums. Woodworking, home improvement, landscape, and cooking discussion forum. Yeah, car guys cook.
jltibbs
Car: 2015 Nissan Versa SL
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

I'm a bass head and know a ton about car audio. When it comes to home audio, not so much. I scooped up a pair of Olin Ross OR703 speakers. One has been opened (to look at/display) and the other box still has tape on it and the plastic straps around it. I pulled the open one out to take a look at it and these things are beautiful. Polished black wood, two metal cone 6.5" mids, 1" titanium tweeters, and 8" subs. The boxes are ported and tuned. These look sick and I really want to hook them up, but, something caught my eye on the boxes they came in: "MSRP $3,100".

Now, since I'm in retail, I know that MSRP means nothing. I have, however, seen these going brand new for around $1,800. The link I posted above is to OR's website, which is the fourth listing when you Google the speakers. Here's what else comes up. That almost makes me weary of even trying to sell them.

Like I said, I want to hook them up because I'm guessing they sound way better than my outdated Pioneer towers, but if I can sell them, the extra cash would be helpful as well.

Thoughts?

Looneybomber
Car: 02 explorer sprt (grn)
10 G37S (white)

Olin Ross is one of the "white van" brand speakers. That's where folks drive around and try to sell them out of the back of a white van for super cheap in comparison to their rediculously inflated MSRP...or whatever price they claim.

The thing is, they're already in your possession, so you may as well hook them up and see if you like them. If you do, keep 'em, if you don't, sell 'em.

I think Olin Ross (OR) is a knockoff of Acoustic Research (AR).

jltibbs
Car: 2015 Nissan Versa SL
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

Thanks.

Return to “Around the House”