Old NICO member new semi vert owner, introducing Lady Ve.

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
Z Style
Car: 93 240sx Roadster
01 Pathfinder Overland
97 F350 Powerstroke
88 RX-7 SR20DET Swapped
14 Star Bolt

I am Dexter's teammate from Tri City Evolution, I am sure most of you know who he is. Hell, his car is on the home page so you better know who he is. You might actually know who I am as well from being in his pictures and posting in his thread. Well, I am lazy so this is a copy and past from our club website http://www.tcevolution.com. All the names that I mentioned are names of some of our members, just to make it a little easier to follow.

The run down with a little history:The car is being purchased from Dexter and Michelle, it is their wrecked white 1993 240sx Limited Edition Convertible. I decided to get rid of the Wide Body because she was just a little too rusty in some structural areas and being that I drive toward walls sideways (like Jake said) I thought it was time for something with a little more structural integrity. This also shut Bill up as well because he couldn't give me ***** about my rusty car anymore. So that killed a few birds with one stone. We also must not forget that chicks dig convertibles. Dex said he was flashed by like four girls in this thing and that was the last deciding factor.

The car suffered a collision with a deer. The deer tried to jump over the car but the car struck the deer in the windshield which bent the windshield frame to crap along with the reinforcement that is riveted to the windshield frame (I will show this piece later).The car sat at Michelle's parents for a while with a tarp over it and then it was moved to the Laboratory where she was tucked away in a corner to collect dust and bird ****.Here is a cool pick of Dexter's Laboratory. That is our TCE teammate Banditpong sweeping the floor, and yes that is his real name.

The last picture leads us more into the future. As some of you know Dex and Michelle picked up a new rolling chassis with a Silvia front for what would of been cheaper than repairing the wrecked white vert. The new car did have a motor but was non running and supposedly had a knock anyway, it did have the five speed tranny swap (no convertible came with the manual transmission from the factory).Obviously the next step was to rob the white vert of its running KA24DE and swap it into the new Silvia front vert mated to the manual trans. Here is a picture of the white vert getting robbed.

All of the swapping with the verts actually took place last year. Now let's talk about the now or what has happened since I slapped some cash down on the car and started ripping it apart.

I am a pretty spontaneous guy and there has been a few occasions where I don't think everything through before I do something. Dexter and I talked about me acquiring the white vert for a long time, almost since it was wrecked or atleast when they got the other shell. He had to also talk to Michelle, his wife for those out of the loop, about it because it was actually her car. Hell, I still consider it a little bit her's (it takes me a while until I feel like a car is actually mine). That could also be because I don't have the title yet as well. Haha. However, we all decided that I could receive the car through a trade with me painting their new vert. Well winter came to a close and they weren't really moving on the deal so I decided one night to write them a check to put some cash down on this thing so I felt that I could actually work on it. By work on it I mean cutting it up and other typical zarnold stuff.

Now with cash down I dove head first and started ripping on this thing typical zarnold style. With the help of the team and our new prospect Allen, we got the rest of the interior stripped out. Then Bill and I started to dig into the windshield frame. We took off all the trim, Bill straightened some of the bent steal trim really well, I ripped the rubber molding into like three pieces because I thought I could order a new one (that was definately a very bad decision seeing how the Nissan dealer says that they aren't available anymore), and then we cut out the reinforcement that ASC McLaren added.

Well I am tired so I guess we will have to save the rest for tomorrow. I know suspense suspense.

Dex, if you didn't notice I stole a bunch of your pictures. :lol:
Modified by Z Style at 10:38 PM 6/29/2008

YOUNG240SX
Car: 90 hatch

oman i think i would have die if that happen to my car.i wanna see more

DeXteR
Car: 14 Titan Pro4X
05 Xterra OR
92 300ZX Slicktop
94 Sentra RS Rally Car

Wow a picture of Bill NOT cleaning something. A rare sight.
YOUNG240SX wrote:oman i think i would have die if that happen to my car.
My wife and I both died a little on the inside that day. You have no idea.

Anyways, it's great seeing this thing out again getting some attention. When Zach pulled the cross support out of the windshield frame, I about pooped when the A-pillars were straight again. If I would have known how little work was involved...

Whatever, the car is in "good hands" now. I was really hoping to get it out of my shop to free up some room... On the contrary. We just put the white vert's new engine in the shop this weekend...

TIMELSS_vert

its nice to see it is getting some loving though, thats for sure. its always a shame to think we lost another vert, but i like seeing life being brought back to it. keep us updated man!

Z Style
01 Pathfinder Overland
97 F350 Powerstroke
88 RX-7 SR20DET Swapped
14 Star Bolt

Oh come on, Dex. How big could the motor be? It isn't like it is a RB.

Anyways, the car is further along than what I have posted so I just have to finish the rest of the write up some time today to get it all caught up to where we have pictures of it anyways.

DeXteR
05 Xterra OR
92 300ZX Slicktop
94 Sentra RS Rally Car

prodigy wrote:Oh come on, Dex. How big could the motor be? It isn't like it is a RB.
It's kind of like taking two KA's and sticking them next to eachother... Then we have Bill's "new" motor taking up space too.

As soon as we(Michelle and I)'re done with the house, TCE is having a "clean the shop" party where everyone gets all their **** that isn't important out of my hair - Nate's Mopar crap, Fady's Hyundai crap, and all our scrap metal. It'll be so much nicer for everyone to use my space once it's not so cluttered.

Anyways, get the rest of that write up done.

Z Style
01 Pathfinder Overland
97 F350 Powerstroke
88 RX-7 SR20DET Swapped
14 Star Bolt

Alright, sorry for the suspense I was just too tired to type and link pictures.

I think we left off with Bill and I cutting out the windshield frame reinforcement. So here is a picture of it after I cut it into two pieces and hammered on it for a little while. It isn't completely straight, but it is a lot better.

After that was removed we yanked on the windshield frame to see how much we could get into place. With just a little muscle we actually got it back into decent shape. It will be cut off and replaced though. We took a trip to a "you pull it" yard down in Detroit called Parts Galore this past sunday. I got some interior parts for my 01 Pathfinder, had to paint them but you never see Nissan **** that new there; I also cut a roof off a 240sx hatch to use for my new windshield frame; and I picked up something very heavy that I will unveil at the end of this thread. Dexter kind of hinted at it to the NICO members, so they will have to live with some camera phone sneaks.

Allen and I finished stripping the interior. We also removed the doors and Dexter removed the front so he could fish out his chassis harness. I run a Painless knockoff. Saves a lot of weight and makes tracing wires easier because there is a lot less of them. It also helps when you wired up your car yourself, you know what is going on with it a little more.

In the two camera phone photos you guys got a glimpse of my Autopower rollbar that was pulled from a FB RX-7 from Parts Galore. I saw the car when I was there but for some reason I missed this bad boy. My buddy Stevespeed (local 240sx guy and NICO member as well) ended up pulling it and trading it to me for my KA24DE header. Header cost me $120 and the rollbar cost him $40. s forehead: Dexter threw it back in the car and took some pics. This will be the main hoop and a four point cage will be made. It has to be chopped down, but the fit in the width of the car is spot on. I cut those rear extension parts off already and will have to get you guys pictures of those.

Well that is about all the pictures I have so far.........Oh wait, I almost forgot about the sneak peak ones.

VH45DE

I guess you guys will have to wait for better pictures.

Z Style
01 Pathfinder Overland
97 F350 Powerstroke
88 RX-7 SR20DET Swapped
14 Star Bolt

Here are some better pictures of the VH thanks to Dex.

That car was missing the MAF and TB, but Dexter got one and through it at me because he got his parts for free and he isn't going to run it. So now I just need a MAF and all the adapter/Z32 parts.

It looks like I should be receiving something very cool in the mail tomorrow. Also there is something that I haven't shared with people over the forums. We will wait for some pictures for that one though. I will be heading to the Lab tomorrow night to work on it a little. This weekend I will be up north fishing so won't be able to touch it.

nicokpe

Wow, something good to know! keep us updated man!

Z Style
01 Pathfinder Overland
97 F350 Powerstroke
88 RX-7 SR20DET Swapped
14 Star Bolt

Flake came in the end of last week, but with my fishing trip I had no time to get some pics. So here it is. It is 97 Royal which is dark blue with a little silver mixed in. Stuff is from ebay but the make is Polycryl and it was used on Tracker boats.

That is a pound and should be plenty to do a vert. However, I think I want to mix some gold in and I want to get some rainbow for some other stuff.

Bass boat for the win.

jrm_29720
Car: 92 240 Convertible

Cool build, update please. Thx

Z Style
01 Pathfinder Overland
97 F350 Powerstroke
88 RX-7 SR20DET Swapped
14 Star Bolt

I will start this update off with stuff that I have already done and stuff that I haven't taken pictures of yet. This is the work that I did to the rollbar the last time I was at the Lab. Just took off the rear bars that were in place for the FB.

This other little thing, okay it isn't a little thing it is a big thing, I have kept from everyone besides my team and close friends. RHD conversion. It is complete to the line for the clutch. At first I was going to do this to the hatch but being that I am scrapping that I am doing it on the vert. I was originally doing it because of my top mount KA-T setup and the booster for the brakes was in the way; best way to over come that was move it to the other side. I also got this for a huge steal and didn't have to worry about shipping or anything because it was brought up with Dexter's new vert. Now I am just doing it because I am a JDM fan boy.

Last night I headed over to the Lab kind of late because my vert got kicked the **** outside, I needed Dexter's help to get it back inside. Dex worked a little late because he made a mistake on a project and had to stay after to fix it. When he got there he started to adjust his brake pedal, so I decided to take some pictures. I took some pictures of his car now that it was lowered being that his camera is going.

Ve outside in the open. Atleast we wrapped her up.

Nice *** shot of my ladies.

Nice one of all the ladies.

Then it was time to work. I started on getting rid of the LHD. Have to drill all the spot welds out because I am going to replace nearly the whole firewall with the RHD one.

Then I cut off the sheet metal where the steering column mounts to. The car is now no hand drive.

Dexter doesn't like LHD I guess.

He really doesn't like it.

I have some holes to weld up where I ripped some spot welds off, but that won't be bad.

Then I started drilling the spot welds on the passenger side. :wink:

Yep, that is me. The kid with glasses that is always wearing a Subaru Rally West hat in Dexter's pictures. Got that bad boy for crewing for a rally team from Canada at Sno Drift one year. They went on to win their class in the Canada series that season. Nice fitting hat, but I should really buy a Nissan hat one of these days.

That was as far as I got last night, or this morning rather. It was 1:30 and Dex was about to pass out in the Lab. He was busy working on his bike all night though. We got the motor and trans pulled off of it.

Here is the rust that I will probably be dealing with this weekend. It is way cleaner than my hatch and I patched a lot on that thing.

I have four days off in a row for Memorial Weekend, so there should be a lot more progess on this thing.

DeXteR
05 Xterra OR
92 300ZX Slicktop
94 Sentra RS Rally Car

Man... my camera sucks.

I wasn't expecting to see those middle fingers posted anywhere...

Can't wait to have another vert to play with on the streets!

Z Style
01 Pathfinder Overland
97 F350 Powerstroke
88 RX-7 SR20DET Swapped
14 Star Bolt

Firewall is out. Time to go RHD or go to scrap.

datsun2401972
Car: 90 240sx coupe XE

I hope you guys use eye protection when you grind atleast...awesome shop!

Z Style
01 Pathfinder Overland
97 F350 Powerstroke
88 RX-7 SR20DET Swapped
14 Star Bolt

datsun2401972 wrote:I hope you guys use eye protection when you grind atleast...awesome shop!
That was the gayest post ever.

Z Style
01 Pathfinder Overland
97 F350 Powerstroke
88 RX-7 SR20DET Swapped
14 Star Bolt

Sorry, haven't had internet. A lot has happened to it. Just need to get pictures from Dexter and post them up. Keep in tune, it will be worth it.

datsun2401972

Z Style wrote:
That was the gayest post ever.
Suuuuurreee....safety...that's gay.

DeXteR
05 Xterra OR
92 300ZX Slicktop
94 Sentra RS Rally Car

Z Style wrote:That was the gayest post ever.
Come on now Zach, that's a little harsh...

Anyways, I've been swamped with work this week and haven't had a chance to get pictures uploaded and emailed. Probably on my lunch break today.
datsun2401972 wrote:Suuuuurreee....safety...that's gay.
Don't worry. Zach's a mad-tyte drifter. He's hard as ****. Don't take it personally.

Z Style
01 Pathfinder Overland
97 F350 Powerstroke
88 RX-7 SR20DET Swapped
14 Star Bolt

datsun2401972 wrote:
Suuuuurreee....safety...that's gay.
I didn't say safety was gay, I said your post was.

datsun2401972

Yeh...some people aren't worth caring for.

Z Style
01 Pathfinder Overland
97 F350 Powerstroke
88 RX-7 SR20DET Swapped
14 Star Bolt

Seriously, get your lame *** out of my thread.
Modified by Z Style at 9:59 PM 6/5/2008

datsun2401972

datsun2401972

Seriously, when someone is looking out for your safety you shouldn't call them gay and try to kick them out of your thread....geez.

But, since you called my post gay, go **** yourself.

But to everyone else in that shop, gj and keep up the awesome work, it's inspiring.

Z Style
01 Pathfinder Overland
97 F350 Powerstroke
88 RX-7 SR20DET Swapped
14 Star Bolt

Everyone else wears safety glasses and I wear prescription glasses with polycarbonate lenses all the time. So don't worry, we don't let idiots into the Lab. Your post was just a little soft and you didn't really add anything to the thread.

DeXteR
05 Xterra OR
92 300ZX Slicktop
94 Sentra RS Rally Car

Datsun guy, honestly, the first post about safety glasses was really random and very mom-ish. Whatever. Thanks for your concern - we're all set though.

Zach, just let it go, man... Let it go. Not everyone can be as HARD as you. Oh, and remind me to send you the latest batch of pictures.

On a side note, that boxing smiley is sweet.

Z Style
01 Pathfinder Overland
97 F350 Powerstroke
88 RX-7 SR20DET Swapped
14 Star Bolt

That smiley does rock.

Well it has been weeks since my last update with pictures. The new big thing is that I have decided to go twin turbo right off the bat instead of d!ck around. Dex says that making 500hp on a stock bottom end is no problem. I may try to get a set of pistons milled down for lower compression as well, we will see on that later. I am going to be using twin T3 turbos off of the RB25DET and I am now sourcing out my second turbo.

On the chassis/body side of things I haven't done much, but my windshield frame and reinforcement has been cut off of a vert by DanRC30 and he should be getting shipped up to me soon. So that is a huge key factor into restoring the vert. I haven't hacked up the RHD half cut yet to get the firewall out. That is probably the next thing I will start working on.

Here is a picture of the firewall out. I posted on this a while ago just no pictures.

I have been working on my four point cage though. I just need to do the rear bars and then weld it all up. I have to source out a more powerful welder than the one I have, but I think Allen's dad is willing to let me weld it up over there.

Checking fish mouths, making them with an angle grinder sucks. You have to do what you have to do though.

Then I had to figure out where I was going to mount the rear bars and I decided to cut out the support back behind the seats. It won't have rear seats anyways; I plan on reinforcing the area with a bar later.

Allen, Bill, and Dexter put the VH up on an engine stand while I was working on the cage; which was really nice of them. It looks even bigger up off the floor. :lol:

This whole build has been powered by Monster.

BMAR240SX
Car: 1993 240sx Coupe

Nice work

DeXteR
05 Xterra OR
92 300ZX Slicktop
94 Sentra RS Rally Car

Z, we have to remember to get some pictures of the rear brace removed...

Z Style
01 Pathfinder Overland
97 F350 Powerstroke
88 RX-7 SR20DET Swapped
14 Star Bolt

DanRC30, is an amazing bro and hooked me up with a windshield frame with the support intact. He went out of his way to make a trip down to south Jersey, he lives in the northern part, to cut the windshield frame off of another members car that wasn't able to do it. Him and his buddy even kept the windshield from cracking.

So the gives me a huge drive to work on this thing again and restore it back to its glory. I will get pictures soon, I am in the process of moving and crap is everywhere.

Return to “240SX Convertible Forum”