ok folks.enuf of all of this.........who here wished they bought a fit, etc. :

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
grogman
Car: 2007 versa s hb at onyx blue

i really think some of us should go to other subcompact car threads and do a self check on your deciding to buy a versa. when i visited the fit site all i saw was how to equip the fit and no praising the vehicle nothing. check it out for yourself. i myself like the astra but an opel costing 20 grand isn't a good sell. if any of you guys and gals hate that you bought a versa now is the time to vent.......and i am warning you all that the vice versa might be too much to swallow because i really think this car is a diamond in the rough... just my thought. out.

fjwagner
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa S et al

ok, I wish I had bought a Fit. Drove a rental around Iceland for a week and thought it was a much better handling car. I could care less about mods, so looking at these cars straight up. The Versa is bigger which is the only advantage I see that it has.

grogman

ya.........and when you drive a fit around my community the macho sect looks at you like you are going to the milk movie......just my take ok. alot about buying a vehicle is making sure your mancard doesn't get heavily dinged...out.

tikus
Car: Rogue SL AWD Carbon Silver

I have in mind buy the Versa SL hatchback 2009 model, I am wondering why some people changed their mind after they had bought the car, is there anythings wrong? I had a Rouge SL AWD and I love it, no complaing yet after less than 11 thousand kilometer.

grogman

tikus.......buy the hatchback it will have a better resale value...check for yourself nada states so. but really buy a versa over a fit because it really has a better look feel inside and out. these bozos that come onto the nico site either are fit baiters or they really are at this time going to the milk movie.....just my take that's all. mancard holders unite!

alonsorules8
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa Sl,HB

I love my versa and would never buy a Fit. After test driving both the Fit and Versa the versa makes so much more sence. More front leg room, better quality seats and 32.4 lifetime avg. mpg over 21k miles.

winnipegnissanlover
Car: 2009 Versa SL with CVT Package

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!

The Versa rocks vs. the Fit. Maybe the fit is a little sportier around corners, but the Versa has more Horse Power. That, plus the CVT, makes it accelerate faster. Nissan micro-finishes the interior of their engines' cylinders so they have less wear-and-tear (the CVT helps out in this department, too - because it has less moving parts than Honda's transmissions). Largest interior in its class (not just against the Fit). I could go on...

Tikus, buy it. The tech package is an awesome price, too, if you think you'll use that stuff.

And by the way, I think it is awesome when people who are so enthusiastic about their Nissans get together like this and share their excitement with one another. The reason people aren't so psyched about their Fit online, is that they aren't so psyched about their Fit in real life, either. I keep inviting my friend who owns a Fit to race me in this huge parking lot just outside town, but he keeps making excuses (I think deep down he knows what would happen). I say that if you know you got it, flaunt it and revel in it!

Skim302
Car: Nissan Versa S

The fit could be free and I still wouldn't take it. They are the ugliest things ever and they are such a girl car.

#1Tango

when i got the car i didnt know wtf a versa was haha, i thought it was ugly but it has grown on me. sooo i love my versa oh ya and i don't like the fits, they remind me of a giant roller skate

randyshemin@comcast.
Car: 1971 240Z, 2001 Sentra SE, 2008 Versa SL, 1999 Mitsubishi Galant GTZ

We looked very hard at both the Fit and Versa. No regrets whatsoever with the Versa choice. More car for less money.

Urq
Car: 82 Ur Quattro & 07 Black Versa SL CVT.

I looked at the Fit when I bought my Versa and I could have gotten a good deal on one at the time because we had just bought a Honda Pilot one month before and they even let me drive a shop Fit for a few days.But the the Fit did not fit! I felt to cramped in side and still did not have the features the Versa had for the same price.So sorry I am glad I bought my Versa but I do wish they would come out with more after market stuff for them like the Hondas have.

If you are smaller then my 6.1 frame and 270 pounds you might like it but not for me!

Slither

I think the Versa looks like a Tokyo puffa fish.

Alfa 159 looks like a Sonata with a lace grill.

Correction Alfa 159 looks like a Sonata wearing a throng - some Bond baddie car...
Modified by Slither at 12:23 PM 10/26/2008

IMHungry
Car: 2008 Versa SL H/B cvt, sport, tech (mine)/2007 Versa S H/B, VOP, 4 spd auto (hers)

We couldn't be happier with our Versas. No problems at all so far. My wife has 26k on hers and I have 18k on mine. Awesome car!

grogman

Slither wrote:I think the Versa looks like a Tokyo puffa fish.

Alfa 159 looks like a Sonata with a lace grill.
if the versa looks like a puffa fish than the fit looks like a pirhana or some prehistoric wierd fish. my take on a fit is that it looks like a bullet shot out of a rifle or something.

the djay
Car: (1) 2008 Versa SL HB with full tech option, (2) 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo (3) 1976 Chev Mal

I tried the Fit but it didn't fit very well...too cramped inside. I tried the Versa, and had loads of room, It fit better than the Fit, so I bought it and it still has an excellent fit. So.....take a hit, check the Fit and if it fits it's a Versa, not vice versa!!!

KimberKenobi
Car: the Camel

I think a Versa is more bang for the buck, but let's compare.

I started with a base Fit (most of the same features as the SL, minus the alloy wheels, plus tint, similar audio features)Base FIT: $15,35016" Alloy wheels: $1,160Splash Guards: $86Center Armrest: $240Leather Steering-Wheel Cover: $65Carpet Floor Mats: $99Security System: $165Keyless Entry System: $149Total with Destination: $17,984

Sport FIT: $16,91016" Alloy Wheels: $1,160Center Armrest: $240Carpet Floor Mats: $99Total with Destination: $19,079

Along with it's 10 beverage holders, tinted windows, and paddle shifters on the 5sp automatic, the FIT has a lot of configurations of the seats and cargo area. Possible downsides are the following: No taneau cover (my friend's new FIT didn't have one, may have been a fluke), can't replace the radio, still wasn't able to get a sunroof, you don't get a CVT (which I LOVE and the back seating area is nowhere near as comfortable.

Versa SL: $16,210Splash Guards: $110Convenience Package: $650Carpet Floor Mats: $155Total with Destination: $17,820iPod Interface: $270 (to compete w/Sport FIT USB interface)Sport Package: $700Total with Destination: ~$18,790

Looks to me like the V was cheaper...Then again, I don't like the proportions on the FIT, it's lack of "dead-pedal", it's cramped-ness, and that big H on the front... There's only been one Honda that has made me jump for joy on the inside... that would be a del sol. why? No idea, but I want one in frog-green so bad it hurts. I also want a Delorean and a pony, but that's not likely to happen. Okay, maybe the pony will because my sig fig likes a good Mustang...

Anyway, I've gotten off topic. where was I? Oh yea, the Versa is more for your $$.

I've got 46k on the Camel right now (17 months and counting) and I love it. And I've camped in it. And I could fit more in my cargo area without blocking the rear window than I could in my mom's '01 Subaru Forester. No, really.

fjwagner

grogman wrote:ya.........and when you drive a fit around my community the macho sect looks at you like you are going to the milk movie......just my take ok. alot about buying a vehicle is making sure your mancard doesn't get heavily dinged...out.
hate to break the news to you, but the Versa is not going to help your mancard.

grogman

fjwagner wrote:
hate to break the news to you, but the Versa is not going to help your mancard.
i feel better as a man in a roomier car than i do in a fit. the fit is for the younger sect who don't need a roomy cabin for friends. we can argue all about this but i would guarantee it that if i was driving a fit i would have already been humiliated a few times. i haven't been humiliated in my versa and basically guys in trucks are eyeing up subcompacts as an alternate vehicle and my impression is they prefer the versa just my take. if you want to get gay on this issue then so be it. after you are done kindly go back to your fit forums. out.

KimberKenobi
Car: the Camel

fjwagner wrote:hate to break the news to you, but the Versa is not going to help your mancard.
My sig fig drives a 2004 Chevy Silverado (and it's d@mn s@xy) but he has not problem driving the Camel... actually, he's 6'4" so he's surprised that I have a car he can fit in comfortably...

marleyfan
Car: Black Versa SL, CVT. Tech Package, 35% Tint, Window Visors, Spoiler

Slither wrote:I think the Versa looks like a Tokyo puffa fish.
Funny you should say that. I just saw a Fit commercial today where the Fit scares off another menacing car by puffing up like a puffa fish.

fjwagner

grogman wrote:
i feel better as a man in a roomier car than i do in a fit. the fit is for the younger sect who don't need a roomy cabin for friends. we can argue all about this but i would guarantee it that if i was driving a fit i would have already been humiliated a few times. i haven't been humiliated in my versa and basically guys in trucks are eyeing up subcompacts as an alternate vehicle and my impression is they prefer the versa just my take. if you want to get gay on this issue then so be it. after you are done kindly go back to your fit forums. out.
Sorry Grogman, but you seemed to be rather hung up on this mancard issue by a couple previous posts. Personally, I do not get my manhood from the car I drive.

grogman

fjwagner wrote:
Sorry Grogman, but you seemed to be rather hung up on this mancard issue by a couple previous posts. Personally, I do not get my manhood from the car I drive.
you should have bought a fit if driving a gay car doesn't ding your manhood.

fjwagner

grogman wrote:
you should have bought a fit if driving a gay car doesn't ding your manhood.
give it a rest. You are 49 years old and should long be past worrying about gay cars.

scooterbob
Car: 2008 Versa, 1995 200sx

This is a car forum, not a gender preference forum. The car does not make the man, unless you are trying to compensate for something by having a bigger car than the other guy. "Gay" has nothing to do with it.

Back on the subject: My Versa has given me very little problems over the course of 20,000 miles. Room was my big issue. Being 6' 6" and 275 pounds, the space was very important to me. Plus it was fairly inexpensive. Hopefully it holds up to the high standards I'm expecting from it. So far it has...............

iluvmyVersa08
Car: 2008 SL Sport

I too love my Versa I would never trade it in for a Fit. I think the 2009 Fits are so ugly. Notice all the glass and huge windows beside the dashboard. It looks like something from space, I hate it.I love my Versa though and am glad with my decision. Plus the interior room is huge and so comfortable.

* Red 2008 Nissan Versa SL Hatchback w/ Sport and Technology Package + CVT *

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

Wow. This was a bad idea.

Return to “Versa General Chat”