OEM S13 Rear Valance Options

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
Clawhammer

Ok so we have one of these for lips and one for skirts, but nothing for valances. Every once in a while someone makes a thread that doesn't really have the right words in the title or something cause no one ever posts in them (either that or my computer ignores them).

So lets have em. What are the options? Hell, it doesn't even have to be OEM really, I know there's the one from PDM. Is that a replica of the canadian one as well (like the skirts)?

I guess to start it:There's the PDM one for anyone that doesn't know.

Cpt_Impossible
Car: G35 6MT

This is from a classified ad on dgtrials.com

Cpt_Impossible
Car: G35 6MT

This is from my favorite S13 out there, stillensucks.com

Clawhammer

yeah that hatch is the kouki 3pc. rear valance. I know about that one forgot it. I know stuff like that coupe exists for the hatch too (they're not interchangable), but I don't know anything else about them.

Arashi
Car: '93 240sx LE

Did the 180sx Kouki have rear valance (JDM)?

I'm thinking about getting a set of Kouki skirts for my hatch, and I think some rear valances (if they exist) would go best...

94_240sx
Car: 94_240SX

Arashi wrote:Did the 180sx Kouki have rear valance (JDM)?

I'm thinking about getting a set of Kouki skirts for my hatch, and I think some rear valances (if they exist) would go best...
Above white hatch has JDM Kouki valences on it.

Arashi

Awesome, now I know what to look for. Thanks!

adrianfromthecastle
Car: 1992 Nissan 240sx

oem 180sx chuki (ftmfw btw) rear valance

Clawhammer

Wait, what's the diff between the kouki and chuki 3pc?

And lol @ the guy that asked about the guy that asked about kouki valances right under my post addressing them.

Driftless240
Car: 1991 Hatchback

OEM Canadian 240sx Rear Lip, Rare to come across seeing it was only available in Canada and was an OEM Option. I had a chance to buy one just recently but someone PM'ed him 5 minutes before I did. (Personal Favorite for Clean, Subtle Look)

G-Grow Rear Lip, JDMness, $370.00:

(Was originally going to go with this one when I saw it for sale on the forums, but I kinda fell in heart with the Canadian now, cheaper to, heh)

Clawhammer

Ok so than the one PDM makes (the one I posted in my original IS a replica of the Canadian one). In which case you can buy it for $171.08. So now you have no excuse . Unless you want ABS plastic but unless you back into things a lot it's not really nessesary. And the G-Grow thing is just a replica of the OEM Kouki 180SX body kit...instead of being an 8pc. kit it looks like their replica is 4pc.

Still not seeing other stuff that I know I've seen on people's hatch's.

lbrowne

I think the oem 180sx is the worse of the bunch so far. Don't like how it curls down.

The Canadian aero option though...

lbrowne

I want these sumthin' fierce...

Clawhammer

Everyone wants to know what's on the back of that guy's hatch but no one knows.

Ca_laurier

those are the stupidly rare chuki rear valances

btw, those "chuki" rear valances posted above were offered in the late models of the chuki before they changed over to the kouki

Jookmasta

rear valences are just hard to come by period............us coupe owners have it more rough i think.............

Driftless240
Car: 1991 Hatchback

Clawhammer wrote: And the G-Grow thing is just a replica of the OEM Kouki 180SX body kit...instead of being an 8pc. kit it looks like their replica is 4pc.
G-Grow is a 1 Piece lip. I have seen them sold and actual pictures of the lip uninstalled... it is 1 piece.

And I do have an excuse for not getting the PDM and that is the fitment, with fiberglass and such it is a most likely good fitment, with OEM, you don't have to worry about improper fitment. It makes sense to me, so that is really what matters, I am also very picky.

Jookmasta

the green 240 actually has ebay rear valences.........run a search for aero here and you'll get a thread stating where he says it........unfortunately he sold the car a while back.

dundada

i remember seeing these in an old post... said they were west yokohama's and discontinued

Arashi

NICE.... /Borat

I've got a Canadian 240 and I must say, I'm feelin' the Canadian OEM rear valances, I've seen them before, but I've yet to find someone who SELLS them...

adrianfromthecastle
Car: 1992 Nissan 240sx

lbrowne wrote:I want these sumthin' fierce...
if I recall correctly, I think he stated that the rears were from an s14, modified to fit

Ca_laurier

btw, bings in canada has the solution foryou coupe guys. jdm s13 silvia rear valance replica's

http://www.bings.ca/index.php?...ild=8

Clawhammer

I like the way the canadian rear looks, but for some reason I don't think it flows with the skirts. The end of the skirt goes all the way up to the big body line, and since the canadian valance doesn't go that high it doesn't flow as nicely; looks mismatched. Or am I retarded?

I love shots of it from the rear, but only eh on the shots from the side. Funny cause it's the opposite for me for the 3pc. Kouki rear.

Ugh decisions.

White Comet
Car: fc, s13 and mazda6, Sierra

lbrowne wrote:I want these sumthin' fierce...
if this is really altered s14 valences, i'm surprised, my ebay ones look just like that. they are fiberglass and fit nicely....and i am selling themif anyone is interested.

CA180sx
Car: 1991 180sx ca18det

White Comet wrote:
if this is really altered s14 valences, i'm surprised, my ebay ones look just like that. they are fiberglass and fit nicely....and i am selling themif anyone is interested.
you have these? on the green car? or a pair of s14 ones, and adrian he didnt say that they were modified to fit, that was in my thread and i had said it might be a possibility...i still cant find these on ebay i search 240sx rear valences and valances and i still get nothing like it, any other ways to say it? any suggestions?

thenillaz
Car: 92 240sx Hatch

As far as the s14 ones on the green car has anyone tried to just test fit them on an s13? Probably doesn't need any modification.

I've got a mystery valence for us all to solve:

This is the car that got me into s13s in the first place, and I've always wondered wtf body parts are on it. I wouldn't be suprised if all of them were custom... well obviously not the front end.

EDIT: They seem like the s14 ones maybe molded?

SketchyRollin564
Car: SR hatchback in the werks

adrians_s13 wrote:oem 180sx chuki (ftmfw btw) rear valance
Mabey im the only one, but i think those JDM ones are ugly as sin. The rest of the first car however,

FSUDrifter
Car: trying to decide on one...

the jdm kouki ones look good on a car with wheels that fit and no gay *** stock spoiler. when they have flush wheels and the car is low it looks awesome.

I was wondering, there are a couple places selling fiberglass replicas of them (bings, pandagarage), you think these would fit and be pretty easy to install or they would need some work to fit like the factory ones?

Clawhammer

Oh man I've seen that blue S13.5 before. That valance is the sex. Yeah I want to know what it is too...it's like a combo of the canadian valance and the ones from the green car.

Clawhammer

For anyone looking for the S13 silvia valances (the ones from the silver coupe above) I saw that Jspec got a pair of them in their last shipment. I think someone was looking for them.

Return to “240sx General Discussion”