OEM parts in the states

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
MB38
Car: 1997 Supra TT
2011 1M

Hey folks,

Where are you guys getting OEM parts in the States? I've been trying to find a parts catalog with diagrams so I can find part numbers to order. Any source?

I can't install FAST unfortunately; no PCs in the house.

It'd be for a '90 BNR32 NISMO.

Thoughts?

nismo1118
Car: Jetta GLI
Ducati Monster S2R1000

I saw this posted on another forum, not sure which one or by who, and thought it was good info so I copied.

"I'm curious to how other GTR people find their parts. I feel that I have it down to a science. I go to www.jp-carparts.com. This website is 100% better than Nissan FAST software. I breaks down hundreds of cars especially the skyline to detail. I use JP mainly to get the part number or if I'm stuck putting the car back together like the rear parking break. If it is a bolt I always go to www.everythingnissan.com. The company is located in Arizona and they always have the lowest prices and shipping is quick. If it is a part I go towww.amayama.com. I have purchased over 30 shipments with them. If Amayama doesn't have it I order it from jp-carparts.com which is typically more expensive but they ship quick. After market parts I usewww.rhdjapan.com or www.japanparts.com. Very large items such as windows glass and bumper I'm using rightdrive.ca. I'm not too impressed with the wait going on 4 months but the price is massively cheaper. They have their own crates so their prices are cheap. The only downside is that you have to ask when the next crate will be shipped out. For new and used items I got to yahoojapan and I use fromjapan.co.jp as a middleman to purchase the parts. Fromjapan is excellent and easy to use. You simply deposit money into your account through paypal. I have bought over 20 items from them with never and issue and typically get the parts from japan in 5-10 days. If I have posted a rare vintage part on this thread it's through yahoojapan using fromjapan's service. Here are some recent parts that I have received. Please share some of your part sources below and I share your feedback with my system for locating parts."

MB38
Car: 1997 Supra TT
2011 1M

Fantastic reply, thanks for the information!

kabob
Car: 1990 Skyline GTR R32

Honestly, best sources have been the forum marketplaces, Skyline Facebook groups, and UK, Aus and Canadian vendors. Less of a headache than trying to source things in the States. Also, Rivsu and GTR Garage can try and source things from their suppliers in Japan and then ship it to you Stateside, just be prepared to wait.

ca18detgabby
Car: 92 s13 ca18det SOLD, 03 G35

Aside from body panels, most everything can be replaced state side by things sourced on forums, locals with 1/2 cuts, and even the nissan dealership. the car is like 50% s13 and 30% Z32 so a lot of the parts are already at state side dealers. The little nit pick none USDM stuff are engine related and people have been importing them for so long now that there a huge aftermarket and OEM replacement sources state side for just about anything you need. I can't say on a tuesday evening you can pick up an intake manifold gasket, you would probably have to order it, but under a week in turn around time (less if you want to pay for fast shipping) is not unreasonable.

PS I say that, last tuesday I went to one of the local nissan dealers and picked up a brand new OEM IACV gasket... it is the same as a KA so they had that in stock. made putting the car together so much better than waiting to order one.

NismoRic
Car: 1990 BNR32

I know the thread is a few months old but I wanted to add that I have ordered aftermarket and OEM parts for my skyline from erics performance parts. contact him at [email protected] or 877-772-0338

very helpful dude

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”