Obscure Attesa question

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
the converted
Car: 99 M3 6.0l
88 Celica All-Trac (somewhere in Cali)
2020 Taco

Does anyone know the switching frequency for the pressure control solenoid on an R32? Maybe someone with one could be nice enough to measure it?

edthemanjp
Car: 1992 Skyline GTR

sounds like a lot of work, did you research the FSM, and what do you need this for might help if someone may be inclined to help.

tyndago

That is an odd question. I know a lot about the ATTESA system, but I have not had that question before.

I know the pressure output, any reason you want to know the output frequency? What are you trying to do?

the converted
2020 Taco

I read the FSM's on everything I could find that was relevant. It is a really strange spec that no one except the engineer that specd it out in the first place really should know.

The short story is that I'm trying to use an rb26 tranny and transfer case in a non Nissan application. If I can build a pwm controller to vary the pressure from a dial on the dash, but the wrong frequency can cook the solenoid itself. I'm really not interested in installing all the sensors and other stuff that would get the stock system up and running (if I could even find them).

edthemanjp
Car: 1992 Skyline GTR

IIRC in Thailand some one has replicated it by using a driver initiated pump or lever (hydrallic). The electric side just tells the pump when to pump you could replace that with your own device or replace the pump alltogether and set it up how you want it to work.

the converted
2020 Taco

I was planning on keeping it the way that it was and just using a knob on the dash to adjust the front transfer similar to the way that an STI has the center console switch. I figured at some point I could incorporate it into a control circuit of a standalone if I get that motivated.

tyndago

the converted wrote:I was planning on keeping it the way that it was and just using a knob on the dash to adjust the front transfer similar to the way that an STI has the center console switch. I figured at some point I could incorporate it into a control circuit of a standalone if I get that motivated.

Geoff over at full race was messing around with the center diff, and controlling the lockup of the center diff. I think he was using a power steering pump- like the two stage R32 pump to drive the lockup of the center diff. He did it by pressure. 0-228 psi if I remember correctly.

the converted
2020 Taco

Geoff was using a regulator in cab to control the pressure. He did put me in touch with a guy he knows that does some diff controllers for Subaru apps and is working on developing something for RB applications. I'll let you guys know what I come up with in case you're interested.

julio
Car: RB26 AWD converted S14

I know the pressure range is 0-230psi, but has anyone figured out if the front lock up % is linear with pressure? Full Race Geoff had his car running 50-60 psi, but like I said, who knows if its linear or not.

tyndago

julio wrote:I know the pressure range is 0-230psi, but has anyone figured out if the front lock up % is linear with pressure? Full Race Geoff had his car running 50-60 psi, but like I said, who knows if its linear or not.

The R35 is a bit of a curve with voltage. They use a solenoid direct acting on the clutch pack.

For the R32-R34, I really don't think it would matter much, because you won't know the actual amount of slippage in the clutch pack. All you see is "commanded" torque to the front wheels, not what is actually going there.

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”