O2 and knock sensors for a 1998 Infiniti I30

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
zul8tr
Car: 1998 Infiniti I30, 1992 300ZX

Any opinions on using the Bosch O2 heated sensors for my vehicle application that need to be spliced into the OEM wiring since they don't come with the OEM plug. Are they the same electric spec as OEM? They are sold at Pep Boys and Auto zone, etc.

On the ECU codes for this car is there a code for the O2 that is at the rear of the CAT. If so what is it? I do not see it noted in the How To's articles on this page therefore how is it diagnosed thru the ECU codes.

Is the knock sensor the same for the 98 I30 as the 98 Maxima with the VQ3DE engine? I can get the Maxima one at Courtesy Nissan in Richardson Tx for $120 and wondered if I can use it since the Infiniti dealer here in Orlando wants $195, rip.

Thanks in advance

maxhopper
Car: 02 Maxima SE 6spd

There should be no difference in the wiring from an OEM plug to a universal O2 sensor.

Here is the link on how to check your codes. Here is a link to SES codes for your car(click the link to your code to check the location of the specific sensor). Here is a link on how to change your O2 sensor.And here is a link to test/change your knock sensor.

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”