Note for windshield replacement on an '09 with rain sensor.

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
brainguyus
Car: '12 Murano SL - '08 Versa SL - '67 Lincoln Continental

A piece of gravel cracked my windshield last week and I just had it replaced. The glass installer did a great job, no scratches or fingerprints anywhere. However......

I noticed the rain sensor wasn't working. The installer contacted the dealer and discovered that you cannot re-use the rain sensor once it's been removed from the windshield. He faxed the info from the service manual to my insurance company to have the cost of a new sensor added to the procedure.

Another thing I noticed is that my dimming mirror doesn't seem to be working now. I held a bright flashlight up to it with the engine running and lights on but it doesn't seem to dim. The led 'on' indicator is working and the homelink stuff still works. I re-seated the plug but I still get the same result. The installer is looking into that as well but I have yet to hear anything.

I was present the entire time my windshield was replaced and the mirror was only disconnected and set gently on the seat. It was not dropped. Does anyone know if there's a calibration or reset procedure for the mirror?

Modified by brainguyus at 9:08 AM 8/29/2008

Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

Very good information to know! Thank you very much. I usually don't have good luck with windshields either, somehow the dump truck is always in front of me. I last had a windshield replaced on my '04 QX56.

I don't know why your mirror wouldn't work, that is really strange. Keep us posted on your findings. My mirror continued to work fine on my '04 QX56. you sure nothing is blocking either one of the light sensors?

brainguyus
Car: '12 Murano SL - '08 Versa SL - '67 Lincoln Continental

You're welcome Timmbo!

In 33 years of driving this is the first windshield I've lost. Guess I've been lucky to this point.

I held a bright flashlight about 2 feet away from the mirror (assuming both sensors are in the mirror)....no dimming. I stopped by the dealer this morning to have the mirror checked out. It's definately bad, and they're going to replace it under warranty. I did tell them that the windshield was just replaced but that I honestly cannot be sure that the mirror was working before that. I think I like this dealer.

Return to “Murano Forum”