No windshield wiper fluid coming out?

The Nissan 300ZX (Z32) general community discussion forum
lceman
Car: 1994 300zx Twin Turbo

Hello everyone,

So recently, I found out that no windshield wiper fluid comes out for my front windshield, but it does for the rear; does anyone know what the problem is? I went to check it out and nothing is clogged and every thing's connected. I only recently purchased this Z, so... I'm not too familiar with everything just yet. Any ideas as to how to fix this?

dm-ka
Car: z32tt-sold, '95 S14-sold, '97 S14-sold, another '95 S14-sold.
Current car: Q45

Z32 has 2 separate fluid tanks for front and rear. Front one is located under the hood and rear one is located inside of the rear left quarter panel. Sounds like the motor on your front windshield washer fluid tank went out of business. Check the motor and if it is not working just replace it.

dm-ka

By the motor I mean windshield washer fluid pump.

SSDwellah
Car: '90 Z32 Coupe w/ VH45DE + 5-speed (FOR SALE)
'06 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6MT
'08 Frontier 4x4 SE KC

Can you please specifically tell me where the front tank s located? I have a 1990 NA and I think there is only one tank in the rear left quarter. I always assumed that the tube ran from front to back because I never saw a tank in the front. My front windshield washer never worked since I bought the car but I try not to drive it in the rain so I was never bothered to fix it. I do hear a subtle whine from the front when I use the washer switch so I think the pump is working. Maybe the reservoir is just dry... but where the heck is it...?

Zwicked
Car: 1990 300 ZX tt, 1990 240SX

I think the Canadian and US models are a little different as mine has headlamp washers. The tank for that is in the right front in the fender well, and the fill spout is in the right front corner under the hood. I believe, but might be wrong, that front tank in the US model is for the windshield.In mine, the rear reservoir in the hatch does the front and rear glass even though the pump is in the front for the windshield and in the rear for the hatch glass.

dm-ka

If I recall corectly the tank is located in the fender well and filling neck is in the driver's front corner and the tank itself is not easy to get to. But nissan made some changes throughout the run of the Z. Mine was '92 and I know some little things were different on'90. Probably your best bet would be to call your nissan dealer and ask them about the location of the front windshield washer pump for your year if you will not be able to locate it yourself.

Return to “300ZX (Z32) General”