No TPS or Windshield Fluid sensor in Canada?

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
CalgaryVersaOwner

Hello all,

Just picked up my White Versa SL with the Tech package! I was a little bummed to see that it didn't have the "Intelligent Key" system (they said it was only available in the U.S.) but after checking the warning lights, it looks like there is no w.shield fluid level warning or tire pressure sensor also. Is this true or am I just missing something? (as far as I can see, none of the lights that would indicate these features comes on at start)

I can easily live without these but thought that they'd be there after reading the manual online. (never thought to check for them during test drives!)

Thanks for any input!

Ever Victorious
Car: '08 Kia Spectra5, '73 AMC Hornet

Only those of us in the US are cursed with the TPMS. be thankful you don't have it, it is a cause of MANY headaches for US owners.

Don't know what you're referring to about a washer fluid level indicator, I don't believe my SL has one.

cireecnop1
Car: 2007 Toyota Touring Prius w/Package#5

It would be neat to have one though, that way you knew when you were running out,before you did. My A4 had one and now that I think about it, it was a convenient feature.

Ever Victorious

I'd much rather have a heated fluid reservoir. Driving the Tucson through the snow/ice storm recently (plus all the sand being kicked up) was not fun with a frozen brick of a fluid reservoir. Took 2 hours for the engine to radiate enough heat to thaw enough fluid to wash the window.

cireecnop1
Car: 2007 Toyota Touring Prius w/Package#5

Yeah that sound crappy. I think that would suffice also. maybe just to make it look sportier we could have headlight washer nozzles too.

Slither

Not sure on fluid sensor but it may be there and not come on with ignition - only activate when reservoir low. I need to check my manual to find where the filler is... just in time for Canadian winter...

TPMS is complex and a problem on any car (not just U.S. Versa).

I'm v happy had Versa 3 months NO PROBLEMS. No burning smells etc.Love it more and more. This car grows on me as time passes. In my 25 years driving small cars this is the best.

Ever Victorious

Slither wrote:TPMS is complex and a problem on any car (not just U.S. Versa).
That's funny, because the TPMS on my wife's Hyundai Tucson has been working flawlessly for almost two years and 33,000 miles...

Slither

Ever Victorious wrote:
That's funny, because the TPMS on my wife's Hyundai Tucson has been working flawlessly for almost two years and 33,000 miles...
I'm just repeating what I've read in the Canadian press.

TPMS is a Stateside and it's complex and problematic on lots of cars not just Versa.

Return to “Versa General Chat”