No start any ideas?/ one click delay then start

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
74g37
Car: 2012 g37xs

Brand new battery holding charge. Clean terminals and connections. Depress brake pedal(brake lights come on) push button one click wont start. Fob key new battery fully functional no aftermarket add ons. Wont start either with fob in slot(tried that) after few times of nothing but a click 1 CLICK finger off button few seconds later it will start like it was delayed 30 seconds?? Im at a loss here does it intermittently. Happens all climate cold or warm. I know the battery is ok starter checks out it does it off and on will start 20 times or more then one time nothing but a single click tried a jump same thing one click. Mysteriously i can try again a few hrs later car will start. Its been doing it over a month afraid one time it will eventually leave me stranded. Wondering if anyone had same type of experience. I ruled out battery/and starter alls left that i know starter relay? or some electrical in ignition system? The times when i get one click and seconds later it starts is baffling to me. when im not depressing brake or start button has me perplexed Wondering if anyone shared same issue. Yes the battery is fully charged and even with a jump it wont start

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

Did you try jiggling the shifter in park with your foot firmly on the brake pedal?

Telcoman

74g37
Car: 2012 g37xs

Yes i have done the brake pedal. And shifter thing no luck. What is strange is the delay how it will give me one click initially then just start with no foot on brake. Im reLly leaning towRds ignition type issue of some sort problem is its hard to get it to duplicate the problem when at dealer. I mean foot on brake push button no start then 30secs later car starts on own??

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

Let the dealer keep the car for a week.

You get a loaner

Telcoman

jesusfreak121290
Car: Nissan Frontier 2003

Hello,
I have a very similar problem on a 2003 Nissan Frontier. Did either of you ever discover any helpful information about the cause of the problem?

I am getting the clicking sound (relay or switch) every time and usually a few minutes later I will get the start. Though I as well am getting worried that the start will not come eventually as the problem is becoming more and more frequent. I have a new battery, good alternator, and clean connection to the starter solenoid. I have not had the starter tested yet but it is getting a good strong start when it does start (not struggling or sputtering at all). It would seem like the starter is in good shape.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thank you,

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”