Nissan Skyline 370GT

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
EOrdonez3229
Car: 2005 Altima 2.5S and 2006 SRT8 Jeep

Why is it that the Nissan Skyline 370GT has the same exact body as the G37? I saw it today after I placed on order on ActiveTuning.com

I'm very unfamiliar with this Skyline 370GT, but have seen it in magazines. Anyone have any insight on this? It's the only Nissan/Infiniti ordeal that I really am not understanding of.

Thanks guys.

EL MAMITO USMC
Car: SENTRA SER

well, let me give you a heads up,. after the r34 was discontinued the next skyline was the 350gt which in the US was sold as the infiniti g35 then now that the g37 came out is the same as the skyline gt370. the thing is that now the word skyline and GTR are two diferent models. even so the g35(skyline 350gt) doesnt live up to the name skyline as the previous ones its still a pretty fast car with a lot of potential.

EOrdonez3229
Car: 2005 Altima 2.5S and 2006 SRT8 Jeep

Ahhhhh, gotcha! Thank you for the explanation.

I was once in a Barnes and Noble reading Nissan Sport Mag and I saw a pic of the what I now know is the Skyline Gt350, and I thought "why is there a Nissan badge on the front of that G coupe?" and another time I was pacing with this "g coupe" but instead it said Skyline on the trunk lid and had a Nissan badge in the front when I passed. The windows were tinted though, or else I'm sure the right wheel drive would have tipped me off.

Thanks again - now I feel more informed!

raremotive
Car: 04 G35

the other explanation is that nissan has separated the skyline and the gtr. Skyline is going to be a family luxury sports. And while the gtr trys to be like it's older brothers.

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

the supra used to be a celica derivative before it took its own identity, the GT-R has been similarly spun off into its own model. Nissan can keep em both.

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”