Nissan Rogue Vibrations (My Findings)

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
ImStricken06
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

funissan wrote:I'm waiting for Nissan's check and court documents so i can post them on a website it should be soon since we signed a settlement last week. Just to make it clear to every one if this defect would have been repaired i would have bought it at lease end. There is normal vibrations in all vehicles but when a manufacturer and dealer are hiding a defect well its just wrong.its a simple test that most dealers will not show customers i am advertising in Detroit Michigan area that if there dealer wont lift the Rogue i will pay a repair shop to lift it up for them for free.
since i know for a FACT this problem exists in rogues, i am very curious on the settlement and other results. please dont leave us hanging. (i wouldnt mind a settlement to get myself out of this car lol)

wanna send me a check to pay for a shop to lift my car and perform this test? ;)

ras_oscar

To the OP: did your vibrations show up from mile one or only after a certain time and mileage in service? I have a 2012 Rogue with 17K on it and 6 months of service. The only vibration I have noticed is a momentary rumble from the rear end from a standing stop and low speed cornering, which I attribute to the rear wheel drive locking up. This has happened conssistently since mile one. Certainly not objectionable to my sensibilities.

followingnfront
Car: 2017 Maxima S

Hey Imstricken, youve got a crazy vibration like the op? Damn... I hope mine doesnt develop anything like that during my lease

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

its not crazy once the wheels are on the ground. 95% of people wont even notice it, because the weight of the vehicle is on the suspension/wheels. since i am one of those types that can smell, feel or hear a tiny thing and realize where its coming form and what it is = i picked up on the WOBBLE-WOBBLE-WOBBLE feeling at around 5-15mph and then it goes away.

funissan
Car: 2009 nissan rogue sl awd

ImStricken wrote:
funissan wrote:I'm waiting for Nissan's check and court documents so i can post them on a website it should be soon since we signed a settlement last week. Just to make it clear to every one if this defect would have been repaired i would have bought it at lease end. There is normal vibrations in all vehicles but when a manufacturer and dealer are hiding a defect well its just wrong.its a simple test that most dealers will not show customers i am advertising in Detroit Michigan area that if there dealer wont lift the Rogue i will pay a repair shop to lift it up for them for free.
since i know for a FACT this problem exists in rogues, i am very curious on the settlement and other results. please dont leave us hanging. (i wouldnt mind a settlement to get myself out of this car lol)

wanna send me a check to pay for a shop to lift my car and perform this test? ;)
whats you're zip code and your local Nissan Dealers name ? i am renting out a repair bay to do free inspections in Detroit area as soon as i recertife myself as i have been a retired tech for many years. the free inspection turns into a $ 500.00 inspection fee for Nissan to pay per vehicle not the consumer

funissan
Car: 2009 nissan rogue sl awd

ras_oscar wrote:To the OP: did your vibrations show up from mile one or only after a certain time and mileage in service? I have a 2012 Rogue with 17K on it and 6 months of service. The only vibration I have noticed is a momentary rumble from the rear end from a standing stop and low speed cornering, which I attribute to the rear wheel drive locking up. This has happened conssistently since mile one. Certainly not objectionable to my sensibilities.
MY vibration started the second week of lease inception. All my paper work is with the lawyers still. But i think it was within 150 miles. It took months for a Nissan dealer to document the defect and once that happened Nissan placed the DO NOT REPAIR/INSPECT ORDER on my Rogue instead of repairing it, even after lawyers were involved Nissan did not attempt repair till 39 months in the 39 month lease ( 3 days left ) and it leaked cvt fluid and the vibration was worse. Did i mention Nissan took me to court to sign a settlement against my will on my Rogue that they refused to repair but threaten to sue me for non-repair.

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

07728 - freehold nissan

Qashqai

Yev wrote: The vibrations you feel through your steering wheel, gas/brake pedals and seats is the torque converter lockup clutch.
Yev
Can someone tell me at which rpm, it is normal to feel the vibrations from the torque converter?

I am going to be crazy.

At the parking lot, at very low speeds, I feel that something is strange. I can't tell what, but there is something wrong.
-I feel slight vibrations (at 1500-2000 rpm, 10 km/h: parking lot speed).
-I also hear a "winter tire noise" at very mow speeds, like 30035 km/h
-an the highway, no vibrations on the steering wheel, no pulling to one side, but a very very slight vibration or a rhythmic noise
-When I turn my wheel left or right in the parking lot, I hear a different noise, compared to go driving straight.

Here in Ottawa, even the highways are full of cracks and pot holes, so I can't listen to the car. I honestly don't want to take it to the dealer. Because they will either don't understand what I said, or can't fix the problem without breaking something.

If it is a common Nissan CVT issue (like the torque converter), I don't want to waste my time at the dealer. It happened before with the shift solenoid. I thought it is a problem (an ImStricken spend hours to show it is normal ;) ) when I first noticed that ticking noise. Now I don't hear that solenoid noise anymore.

Maybe these vibrations were always there, but I recently started to notice?

But it can also be a bad ball bearing, warped rotor or something else...I don't know.

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

the feeling i am talking about, feels like a wheel is loose. it happens about 10-25 miles per hour upon acceleration. its not felt at the steering wheel, its felt throughout the whole car. some have it, some dont i think.

Qashqai

ImStricken wrote:the feeling i am talking about, feels like a wheel is loose. it happens about 10-25 miles per hour upon acceleration. its not felt at the steering wheel, its felt throughout the whole car. some have it, some dont i think.
I think I have this. It feels exactly like you describe.

But does it "appear" suddenly or I started to realized that issue? Is it something happened after a certain mileage or is it like the shift lock solenoid?

The only thing I can do is to wait 1-2 weeks until I change the tires. There may be a problem with the winter tires:
-Broken steel belt on the winter tires? [but no vibration on the steering wheel] will try the all-season tires.
-Temperatures are started to become high, maybe that cause them to be softer = more noisy? [even when it is cold outside, I have the noise/vibration] will try the all-season tires.
-While the car is on the jack stands, I will shake the tires to see if something is loose? Loose ball bearing?

..these are my solutions with my limited knowledge on cars.

ImStricken, are you planning to come to Ottawa for a gun show? :poke:

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

Qashqai wrote:I think I have this. It feels exactly like you describe.
its like a wobble, versus a vibration right?
But does it "appear" suddenly or I started to realized that issue? Is it something happened after a certain mileage or is it like the shift lock solenoid?
its almost every time, around 15-25/30 mph when accelerating. sometimes you wont feel it because you are not hitting the throttle just right.
While the car is on the jack stands, I will shake the tires to see if something is loose? Loose ball bearing?
that will only detect a hub/bearing issue. this is different.
ImStricken, are you planning to come to Ottawa for a gun show? :poke:
canada has gun shows? lol - to sell what, bb-guns?(lol just kidding. i hear canada has very-very strict gun control)

Qashqai

It is like a wobble. Like you said, it feels like a tire is loose (actually last week I re torqued the nuts just because of this feeling. But as I said the roads are like Swiss cheese, I need a smooth road to hear. My senses are not sensitive enough to "sense" the problem on a rough road.

I will change the tires in two weeks. If it still feels strange, I will take a mechanic to a test drive.

As far as I know, the rules are strict..and I lied to you, there is no gun show in Ottawa. I just tried to convince you to visit Ottawa :O)...but we have some interesting foods you might want to taste like poutine, beaver tail...

Jostudly
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue

My 09 Rogue vibrates in idle when I am at a stop light and I brought it to the dealer but of course they took it for a drive and did not notice anything. Wish I could get this issue fixed.

Qashqai

Jostudly wrote:My 09 Rogue vibrates in idle when I am at a stop light and I brought it to the dealer but of course they took it for a drive and did not notice anything. Wish I could get this issue fixed.
This makes me sick! If a car vibrates in idle, it is not something you have to replicate, you don't need to replicate, it is obvious... It vibrates in idle, period.

The mechanics at the dealers are:
1-Too lazy to diagnose and do the repairs
2-Too stupid to recognize a vibrating car in idle
3- Not knowledgeable/familiar enough to the vehicle they are examining.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Some ideas gleaned from the World Wide Web:

Check engine mounts, inspect balance shaft timing, test engine compression.

When was the last time your throttle body & especially your IAC motor & port was cleaned? Your IAC motor, located next to,or near your TP sensor (throttle position), is mounted usually with 2 torx screws, to the throttle body. The IAC motor (idle adjustment control) raises your idle speed when a load is present, such as a/c compressor, power steering pump load condition etc. Quite often you can remove it, and clean it, as well as the mating surface in your throttle body housing. If that doesn't cure it, you may be into a new IAC motor.

Jostudly
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue

I will bring my Rogue back to the dealer and see if they will check the mounts,IAC,compression and shaft timing to try and fix the vibration. Thanks

CesarPalat
Car: Nissan Rogue 2011

I have a Nissan Rogue 2011 and I'm experiencing the same issue with that vibration specially when the A/C is on and the car it's in low speed or stopped and waiting to run.

Return to “Rogue Forum”