Nissan Rogue or Hyundai Tucson (part II) - 2011 version

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
apolodor
Car: Rogue 2011

Related to the original 2010 topic. Why I should buy the 2011 Rogue S over the 2011 Tucson GLS?

via Edmunds.com:

Rogue S = $20,220 (invoice price) - $500 (rebate) + $810 (destination fee) = $20,530 (doesn't include title, registration, sales tax)

Tucson GLS = $21,160 (invoice price) + $795 (destination fee) = $21,955 (doesn't include title, registration, sales tax)

thanks a lot for any feeback!

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

I don't think much has changed since the orginal discussion on this topic, other than the Tucson is now into it's second model year and the Rogue has received some minor upgrades including exterior cosmetic changes to the body, new wheels etc and the addition of an available in-dash nav system. Also the Tucson is available with a manual transmission while the Rogue comes with CVT, for some this makes a very big difference, while for others it does not, it depends on your preference.

I think both of these are great vehicles, the Rogue is a bit larger with more cargo area and I think the Tucson has slightly better fuel efficiency but it's very close. Also Hyundai/Kia has a very good warranty, particularly in the US where you get a 10 year powertrain warranty.

Have you test driven either of these?

Accepting the fact that these are both quality vehicles on paper, the test drive should be the next most important factor in your decision. Also, the dealer that offers the best deal will be a big factor too.

rayjgold
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue, SL package AWD

1. Fully loaded the Rogue is cheaper.
2. Rogue looks better on the outside(I have the give the interior looks to the Hyundia though)
3. if you want to see through the ceiling, the only option is the panoramic roof, which deletes the roof rails!!!! This is what made me choose the rogue......you have to choose between a sunroof or the roof racks.....I wanted both.

all in all, they are both fine cars.....hyundias nav system is a lot bigger with more buttons....but I've never played with it to be able to tell whether it is worth the extra cost or the deletion of the racks or the sunroof.

Groundpounder2
Car: 2011 Rogue SV AWD

I'm trying to make this same decision. I've test driven both, and I liked them both. I've been very happy with my Nissan Frontier, and I like the looks and the option package better on the Rogue, and Consumer Reports gives it a better long term reliability score than the Tucson. But the Tucson has a better warranty, slightly better MPG, and a "normal" transmission. I'm gonna drive both of them again, get some input from the girlfriend, and see which dealer will give me a better financing package.

It's amazing how close their specs are to each other....makes the decision tough.

apolodor

I'm looking now for

2011 Nissan Rogue FWD SV + [U02] SL PACKAGE = $23,951 (it includes only $500 rebate not $1025 - see below - and destination fee) ... final price should be around $23,425 (before sales tax and registration/title)

versus

2011 Hyundai Tucson FWD Auto Limited = $23,869 (it includes destination fee)

PS. Rogue has an offer for http://local.nissanusa.com/new-york-area/rogue.html

$525 Package Savings [1]
+$500 Nissan Cash
Up to
$ 1,025 Total Savings

0.0% APR for 36 Months

Per Month Lease $199 For 39 Months

Groundpounder2

Did you drive them both? Which did you like better?

apolodor

I drove only Tucson ...

Groundpounder2

So how are you trying to decide between two vehicles if you've only driven one of them?

apolodor

Not really. Tonight I'll drive the Rogue, will make my mind and start the battle with the dealer :D

I like Tucson because of design, mpg, warranty, space and I like Rogue because of total price, no APR, remote start, ...

Just wondering: can I transfer plates from a Sedan to Tucson/Rogue? I can save some money this way... also, I will ask for 1-2 yrs registration only.

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

Not sure how registration works in the States, but here in Alberta the Rogue is classified as a "Truck", not sure why but that's how it is, the same with minivans too.

Also, the Rogue beats the Tucson in cargo space, not sure about the specs but if you take a look it's quite obvious, overall the Tucson is slightly smaller - whether this is a good or a bad thing depends on your individual preferences.

PlatinumGraphite
Car: 2011 Rogue SV

I'd suggest looking around online and reading consumer's reviews to see if there are common issues that pop up on each vehicle. Personally, I love how the Hyundia's look, but different ones have different problems (like all cars). For instance, the warranty is higher on some vehicles, but the least little thing will void them, or there will be fine print that excludes the most common things. It's tricky. The gas mileage listed isn't always what the drivers are getting. I noticed this to be true with the Tucson. But, you find those complaints with most any vehicle. Again, tricky. I'm extremely happy with my gas milage, but there are a few quirky things about the Rogue that annoy me, that do not annoy others and visa versa. Do your research and test drive the heck out of them in as many conditions as you can..rain, for example. The rain noise bothers me, but it doesn't bother some. Some are having wind noise issues in both, but the wind noise hasn't bother me as much as the rain noise. It all depends on the driver, I guess : ) good luck deciding. Both are nice looking cars!

apolodor

After last night test drive I like more Rogue !

Now I have to fight with dealer to pay less than invoice price ..... end of quarter

PlatinumGraphite
Car: 2011 Rogue SV

I talked to a friend of mine yesterday, who until this week, worked as a salesman at Nissan. His suggestion.... wait until the last day of the month, start at 400 under invoice and they'll probably take it. Not sure if people are doing better than this price, but thought I'd pass that info on in case it does help.

Groundpounder2

I drove the Tucson and the Rogue back to back today, and brought the girlfriend with me. We both agreed they were great cars, but the Rogue has the edge in a few areas.

First, I brought my iPod along. I plugged it into the Rogue, and immediately I was able to acess all my music, play lists, etc. When I did the same thing with the Tucson, the iPod came up and started playing, but there were no song names or anything. I also liked that the USB port on the Rouge is in the center consol vs in front of the gear shift on the Tucson. Since I have an extra iPod, I will just leave it plugged in all the time, and that's one less cable to clutter the driving compartment.

Next, I used a sound meter app on my phone to take decibel readings. The Rogue was 5db quieter at 60 mph than the Tucson, and just using my ear it seemed much quieter at all speeds.

The last two things come down to personal opinion, but I like the looks of the Rouge better, and it just feels higher quality.

So, I'm probably buying a Rogue sometime in the next few weeks. I'm trying to sell my Frontier privately, but I haven't gotten too many people to look at it. I'm not sure if the Rogue inventory will start to dwindle because of the earthquake in Japan, but I know the value of my truck will start to go down if gas prices keep going up, so I should act soon.

apolodor

Rogue felt better during drive test.

I bought it for about 25k (AWD SV SL) before all taxes, fees, ...

jahite
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SV

GLad to see you like the Rogue. I bought the SV with first up date package with sunroof and Nav unit for 23950 from Indy dealer. Seems to be a great car, I had Toyota Hybrid before but needed the SUV for in and out-it's easier on us older folks. So far it's averaging 25.4 MPG in town so thats about 10MPG less that Hybrid.
I also looked at all the other including the GMC Terrain Chev Equionex, but for the money and looks the Pearl White Rogue got my bucks

Return to “Rogue Forum”