Nissan Rogue on HUGE 24 inch rims!!!

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

This is somebody's Rogue. I actually like the look but worry about the ride and the tire hitting the wheel well. You can go to the website to see the bigger version of the pictures.

Image :greg:
Thanks Abraham for sharing it on the internet.

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

Oh man I disagree, that looks horrible man. Bigger isn't better in this case, the wheels look so oversized for this vehicle, it makes the rest of the car look puny and ridiculous. Hopefully the owner likes it cuz I'm sure that cost him more than lots of people spend for an entire car!!

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Ugh.

Not good. At all.

casperfun

I think in the general population and non-owners of the Rogue, if you look side by side I am sure a person off the street after a quick glance would pick the right pic. Of course in the real world it would not be practical, so are muscles or larger breasts for that matter. :tongue

But I don't think the world would call one car horrible over another. :GTFO
Of course the 24's are absurd to use for all intent and purposes but if just going by looks, I bet your bottom dollar that people who are not experts or owners of this vehicle will pick the picture on the right.
punyImageImagetougher
Last edited by casperfun on Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Possibly so.

The one on the right will impress people who watch MTV, people who think renting tires and wheels is a great idea, people who leave the tags on their ball caps, and people who don't own a car.

:)

20's would look great on a Rogue.

kerrton

Yeah I have very little tolerance for "ghetto posers", that is just weak and looks terrible, I wouldn't drive that car if you paid me and I'm sad that someone used a Rogue which is a respectable vehicle and turned it into a mochery.

casperfun

Over 100 views and majority of Rogue owners did not need to leave a negative comment on it but perhaps accepted this person's Rogue.

Did you notice it was just the moderators or website owners who seem to be negative.

Even had to use the ghetto word in here. :bs: Yah people may have problems when people so called RICE their car too but instead of being decisive, why can't people just accept others on how they want to express themselves.

If people want to customize their car the way they want, its their right.

Yah,I expect other members to down that person's Rogue. But when the moderators and website owners are non-supportative because they don't think it's right for them personally or their peer, instead of criticize, just support a person with a Nissan. :wtf2:

We come here to be inspired and learn what cool things we can do with our Rogues. Not to hear people call our Rogues terrible, horrible, monstrosity, crappy.... :bs:

I expected a more professional response instead of name calling this guy's Rogue. Not everybody can be classified into one particular group. People who buy Nissan Rogues are all ages, races, income brackets, shapes, sizes. etc and should be accepted no matter the differences. :bigfu:

casperfun

ROFL

Of course I expected all sorts of responses from other members. But I expected a higher decorum from the MODERATORS, no offense. LOL :lolling:

I am not saying that crappy, horrible, etc is not warranted but coming from the moderators/website owners is a downer thats all. :naughty: Because moderators usually try to quell negative behavior, I am not saying calling a Rogue ugly is actually negative behavior but it does not seem accepting of another Nissan rogue owner. :inout:

Moderators help run the day to day affairs and keep things smooth...well it's only an opinion that they should hold those thoughts ( Hey your Rogue is ugly) because some of us look up to you in the forum.

How about a hug. :grouphug:

I can kiss you if you want. :lolling:

kerrton

Moderators are also members of the forum and allowed to express opinions and give constructive critisism in a respectful manner which is exactly what we did. And nowhere did I put down Rogue owners, I simply stated that 24" rims on this vehicle looks horrendous in my opinion - sometimes there just isn't anything positive that you can say. Casperfun, you're entitled to your opinion and if you didn't appreciate my comments I'm glad you spoke up and I did carefully consider what you had to say. However, the job of this forum is to discuss and inform, which helps people make good decisions, and everybody is welcome to disagree with my input but don't attack me personally for voicing my opinion.

You're correct that everyone is different and we will see a wide range of differing opinions, that is why we encourage everyone to voice those opinions regarding Nissan vehicles on this forum, but don't make things personal and voice opinions about the people who comment here, including moderators. If you didn't want opinions, then why did you start this thread anyway? I'm only human, you ask what I think so I told you.

If you like the rims and tires fine, I don't , I think they look ridiculous, are a waste of resources and an example of wasteful human excess and it goes against the spirit of the Rogue which is an efficient and fun to drive mid-size car that strives to minimize impacts on the planet vs. larger vehicles that may look ok with 24's such a Cadillac Escalade, for example.

Keep posting on this forum but keep in mind there is a code of conduct that must be followed and that includes no personal attacks and being respectful of all members.

Nick 568
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue

casperfun wrote:Over 100 views and majority of Rogue owners did not need to leave a negative comment on it but perhaps accepted this person's Rogue.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all."
That's why I left no comment. :P

AZhitman
Administrator

Also, and I'll defend my staff here 100%, it would be a little different if the OWNER of the Rogue had posted.

There'd be a little more concern for that person's feelings then. But to take a pic of a random vehicle that belongs to someone else, and everyone's gonna be 100% honest. :)

We try to keep the censorship to a minimum, without catering to trolls or letting people bash on other members. :)

p.s. No more flipping anyone off. Not cool.

IdaCrue
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue

I was one of the 100 that looked and didn't comment, but I don't want to be classified as liking it. In my opinion, the wheels and tires look terrible on that beautiful Rogue.

AZhitman
Administrator

IdaCrue wrote:I was one of the 100 that looked and didn't comment, but I don't want to be classified as liking it.
:rotfl

That was awesome...

ThandaPani
Car: 2010 Rogue SL

I just looked at it. I didn't like it at the fist glance. But after a few more glances, I still didn't like it. Then again, I am not a big fan of those large wheels unless they are on a large vehicle.

I must also say that, I think the current wheels on rouge area pretty crappy, too. I am yet to see a set of wheels that actually goes nicely with the sharp, smooth look of Rogue.

Casper - buddy, if you like the look of it, that's fine. I am sure you will not like a few of the stuff that I have on my car, too. It’s all good. For others, I am pretty sure, I wouldn't like a few stuff you have on your car and it won't be nice, if I am totally honest about what I think.

AZhitman
Administrator

When you put 24" chrome wheels on your car, you're asking for attention. As such, you gotta take the good with the bad.

And still, we're talking about a car whose owner isn't even present. So, yeah - still dislike. :)

InfinitiEric

.. :poke:
Last edited by InfinitiEric on Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

ThandaPani

I think someone changed the wheels on their Rogue that looked pretty ok. Can't remember who, though. I think it was Altima's wheels that were put on.

takeshi
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

casperfun wrote:Did you notice it was just the moderators or website owners who seem to be negative.
Why do you think they're not entitled to their own opinions and that they must blindly support everyone with a Nissan? I've never seen any other forum site where the mods were bound in such a manner.
casperfun wrote:I think in the general population and non-owners of the Rogue, if you look side by side I am sure a person off the street after a quick glance would pick the right pic.
...and why are you trying to present your opinion as some sort of overall consensus among the majority of people out there? If you're going to claim that most people would pick the larger rims then perform a poll with a statistically meaningful sample. Othwerwise, leave the rest of the world out of this dispute as you don't represent them.

I don't care for large wheels and low profile tires on vehicles that don't benefit from them. They have a purpose on my convertible (aside from greatly increasing my odds of curb rash). On a vehicle like the Rogue they're simply just for show.

To each his own though.

casperfun

Oh cry me a river. This thread is so old and everyone moved on. Actually I got banned for this thread.

Each his own, then don't call somebody out.

Why does it seem that people behind their computers really seem to have a stick up their a** all the time. Why are people so dang sensitive in here. You would think the word Rogue would at least be related to people operating outside the norm. It's more like people always having to be easily offended.

Big wheels , Big Deal...Love it or Hate it. Life moves on people! :werd:

Seriously people needed some tough outer skin in this forum. This a car forum right not some Oprah forum is it? :inoutgay:

:bigfu:

Probably be banned for this or get a nice ole message.

InfinitiEric

Last edited by InfinitiEric on Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

casperfun

Ummm upset?

You probably bullied people in school. The jock with the sports car. You probably still couldn't get a date with that car pal.

No personality eh?

Obviously it got a reaction in your lonely life on the computer. No action on your facebook page? :lolling:

InfinitiEric

Last edited by InfinitiEric on Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eikon
Car: 71 240z, 93 Supra TT

knock it off.. both of you.

k thanks

kerrton

Like Eikon said, knock it off, just keep it simple and stick to the topic and avoid bickering please.....thank you.

InfinitiEric

Okay.

ThandaPani

:gotme

Return to “Rogue Forum”