Nissan Navigation Upgrade (no factory NAV)

Post all your Nissan electronics, car audio and stereo questions here!
canadamikek
Car: 2000 Murano SL

I bought my 2009 Murano without the Navigation system. However, recently I've been interested in adding a "factory looking" aftermarket system.

I stumbled along a site where many Nissan owners have had a kit installed that not only integrates with the color screen, but has touch screen functionality.

I am awaiting a response from the posters what the system is called and where it is available for sale.....they've even posted some uTube videos which show the functionality, and it looks fantastic.

If anyone knows where to get this system, please do tell.... thanks

Posting of this system located here: http://www.topix.com/gadgets/s...UCQ0M

Utube videos here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-tjUo-whYg

the converted
Car: 99 M3 6.0l
88 Celica All-Trac (somewhere in Cali)
2020 Taco

Welcome to NICO! My best guess is that they are these guys http://icon-tv.net/ Their website kinda sucks, but if you email or give them a call, you should be able to figure it out.

canadamikek

Thanks for getting that to me... I will check it out.

Cheers

the converted
Car: 99 M3 6.0l
88 Celica All-Trac (somewhere in Cali)
2020 Taco

So did you ever hear back if it was them? Be good to know for future reference.

canadamikek

Yes. I have been in conversation with them. They indicated to me it was a Plug-N-Play unit, and that they sell to authorized installers. They've estimated that most are installed between $2000 and $2500.

Being from Western Canada, they don't have an installer here for their product so he was willing to sell it to me directly just under $2000. He said that it is not a difficult install.

It would be a great toy to have, however, still a bit pricey. I'm investigating further about installing the Garmin GVN 53 into my 09 Murano. However, I'm trying to figure out if I need a special harness for this integration, or if I need a TVNAV2Go unit, or something else.

Cheers.

2010g37cobra
Car: g37

I just picked up a G37 and it had the color info screen but no navigation. I wanted navigation so I went back to the dealer and they installed the Icon navigation upgrade interface module and it is now a touch screen navigation gps system. It is touch screen and very ez to use. My favorite functions are the touch screen and the 3D graphics and the easy menus that come with this module. When they installed the nav gps interface they also connected my Ipod to the screen as well. now I can also see the Ipod video output signal on the factory oem color screen monitor. Hope this info helps you out. good luck.

Return to “Nissan Audio / Entertainment / Security”