The most important info for a Maxima I-30/35 owner

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
Beancooker
Car: Current Car: 2019 Toyota Tacoma (modded)
Past cars: Way too many to list

Moderators: the converted, MaximA32, loystock, maxhopper, MinisterofDoom, jltibbs Please email or send us a PM if you have any problems or questions.

If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to notify one of the Forum Moderators. Thanks....

MEMBERS RIDES

AFTERMARKET PART SUPPLIERS

FOOLPROOF COIL TEST

TURBO ANSWERS HERE
turbo-product-list-t199194.html?hilit=turbo

rear-mounted-turbo-max-t224984.html?hilit=turbo

turbo-help-t225102.html?hilit=turbo

AIR INTAKES

NITROUS OXIDE 101

Abbreviations and Slang

Need help picking out an exhaust system, look at the poll answers
what-exhaust-system-do-you-have-t234925 ... it=exhaust

Need help picking out tires, look at the poll answers
tire-poll-what-are-you-running-t234974.html?hilit=tires

MAINTENANCE

Nissan Factory Maintenance Schedule

Aftermarket Air Filter

K & N -- wash and re-oil every 40-50k miles. AEM Dryflow -- Wash and dry every 20-30k miles

What Size Bulb Do I Need?

How to replace in cabin air filter

How to use Deep Creep (Seafoam) to clean the intake passages.

SUSPENSION

Springs and Struts

How to replace springs/struts

What to expect from aftermarket springs and struts

Need help picking out a suspension system, look at the poll answers

RSB

Installation of RSB

What to expect from a RSB

FSTB

There are not a lot of articles that are specific to this upgrade. It will stiffen up the front end a little bit. Makes for less front end roll around corners.

ENGINE

VG Engine Info

VE Engine Info

VQ Engine Info

What spark plugs should I use?

My 5th Gen Maxima/I 30/I35 uses oil.

ELECTRICAL ACCESSORIES

My windows roll up, then down a few inches. (5th Gen)

What do I need to use an aftermarket head unit with the factory BOSE speakers?

EXTERIOR

Do I need hood Pins for my carbon fiber hood?

Maxima Media

Maxima Videos

Beancooker
Car: Current Car: 2019 Toyota Tacoma (modded)
Past cars: Way too many to list

Credit for this goes to Audtatious. I simply copied it to here!

HOW TO

Here's a thread of "How To's" and Information. If you have any you wish to add, please list them and I will add'em to the list by order of year.

General:----- Generation Specific Detailing Tips - PrinzII----- Recalls and TSBs----- Maxima Bulb Chart (all years) - audtatious----- Replacing CV boots - NISTECH----- Installing Wheel Spacers - Fezzik----- Strut Boot Info - phenryiv1 ----- Stock Nissan and Infiniti Offset chart----- Differences between USDM intake manifold and MEVI manifold -NSR A32------ How to Paint Your Wheels - blackmax23----- How to install white LEDS for you automatic (a/t) gear selector - G4nismo

3rd Generation(1989-1994):----- 3rd Gen SES/CEL Codes----- How to Turbo a 3rd Gen Maxima----- How to program a new digital entry system code - draven822k

4th Generation(1995-1999.5):----- 4th Gen SES/CEL Codes----- Auto to 5sp Conversion - hlh0501----- How to retrieve your CEL (Check engine light) codes - vbxmaxima----- How to retrieve your TCM codes----- What your CEL codes really mean - vbxmaxima----- How to change your spark plugs - VQpower.com----- How to replace your fuel pump - vbxmaxima----- How to replace your fuel injectors (front & rear) - vlad----- How to change your engine coolant - motorvate (Frank)----- How to change your power steering fluid - motorvate (Frank)----- How to replace your fuel filter - vbxmaxima----- How to troubleshoot your TPS (throttle position sensor) - vbxmaxima----- How to remove/install a valve cover - max-world----- How to install a MEVI (Middle eastern variable intake) - VQpower.com----- How to install a 2000 VI Manifold install on a 95-99 max - sdot82----- How to replace clutch slave cylinder hose - VQpower.com----- How to re-grease your starter - motorvate (Frank)----- How to wire your cooling fans for manual use - Jime (Jim)----- How to remove your speed limiter (model specific) - Ben Garner----- How to install Stillen supercharger (Part One) - max-world----- How to install Stillen supercharger (Part Two) - ericj----- How to clean your IAC valve ----- How to test/replace your knock sensor - motorvate (Frank)----- How to reset your SRS/Airbag light ----- How to replace your motor mounts ----- How to replace your oxygen sensors ----- 4th Gen Audio Wiring Schematics - audtatious----- SE gauge Install- phenryiv1----- How to reprogram key fob----- Maxima strut/spring replacement 4th Gen -beancooker------ 4th Gen IACV cleaning ----- How to change the high-mount brake light.----- Dallas Taillight Mod. - VQpower.com----- How to remove/install factory fog lights - nismo1219----- How to replace valve cover gaskets - Evil I 30----- How to make your headlights like new - Evil I 30----- How to Install Transmission Cooler - !240RB!----- How to replace sway bar end link bushings - allensteiner----- How to: Q45/J30 brake conversion - rustest86

5th Generation Maxima (2000 - 2003):----- Adding Ipod to '01 I30----- 5th Gen SES/CEL Codes----- Front Speaker Replacement - audtatious----- Subwoofer Enclosure - audtatious----- Addco RSB Installation - audtatious ----- Fog Light Replacement - audtatious----- Injen Intake Installation - audtatious----- 5th Gen Audio Wiring Schematics - audtatious----- How to Make a Ghetto Air Box - Fezzik----- How to Install Heated Side View Mirror - Fezzik----- How to Install Coilovers - Fezzik----- How to Install Chrome Gauge Rings - Fezzik----- How to Install a PCV blow-by oil catch - beancooker----- How to advance your timing - beancooker----- Maxima strut/spring replacement 5th Gen -beancooker------ How to Custom Tint Your Maxima tail lights - lightsout----- How to Black Out/Paint Inside of Head Lights - A33

6th Generation Maxima (2004 - 2008):----2007-08 Bumper Upgrade/Swap - VQpower.com----2009 Maxima Side Mirrors Install - VQpower.com----Chrome Roof Strip Removal - VQpower.com----Install an 07 Spoiler - VQpower.com----Nissan OEM iPod Install - VQpower.com----Nissan Satellite Radio Installation - VQpower.com----Kinetix intake manifold on 04 Maxima - VQpower.com----Berk Intake Install - VQpower.com----NWP Manifold Spacer Kit Install - NWP Engineering, Inc.----Ypipe Install - VQpower.com----Center Console Disassembly - VQpower.com----Fix armrest rattle----Indiglo Gauge Install - VQpower.com----Interior Panel Removal----Package Deck Removal----Removing Center Console - VQpower.com----Sunroof Memory Reset - VQpower.com----Door Handle LED Install----Body Color Headlight Assembly - VQpower.com----Clear Step Lights----Driving/Fog light Rewire - VQpower.com----Halo Install - VQpower.com----Headlight Cleaning - VQpower.com----Headlight Clearing DIY - VQpower.com----HID Fog-light Install - VQpower.com----LED Tailight Replacement - VQpower.com----OEM HID Projector Retrofit -VQpower.com----Wiring Sidemarkers/LED mirrors - VQpower.com----Eibach Suspension Noise Fix----KONI Sport Inserts Install - VQpower.com----Lowering Spring Installation - VQpower.com----Progress Spring install - VQpower.com----Active Tuning STS - VQpower.com

7th Generation Maxima (2009 - 20??):----Navigation Bypass Tutorial - VQpower.com----Change Mirror Blinker LED's----Interior LED Bulb Swap - VQpower.com

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”