Nissan/Infiniti Bose radio Clarion 6 Disc CD Changer ERR2 Problem.

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
hp600jake
Car: 2001 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4X4

Hey everyone. I am new at the forums site. But I have been having a problem with CD changer for years. Finally, i decided I have nothing to lose to tear it apart and look inside. First, I found 3 CDs that it would not eject, and one was jammed underneith the eye. After removing the CDs, and not fixing the problem, I took a 9 volt battery to all of the motors to make sure they were working fine. They all worked, however after checking the one motor that operates, I realized that the spiral pin gear that moves the eye has a crappy plastic gear on the end of it that spins it. With the motor spinning, i noticed this plastic gear was spinning but not spinning the pin gear for the eye. I am currently in the process of epoxying the gear and going to reassemble. Will keep you posted on how the work goes.

Chuck Tribolet
Car: '01 Nissan Pathfinder, '87 Corvette, '01 Camry daily driver, '98 Boston Whaler Montauk

Google is your friend on this one. There are some folks on the net thatcan fix the problem. I got an MP3 player and ripped the CDs to to MP3.

hp600jake

Yeah but everybody I find fixing it wants a couple hundrerd to fix it. Plus, i thought I would clarify the problem seeing as how many people believe the problem that ERR 2 comes up is because of a scratched cd. That isnt the case. CDs may be stuck inside but the case is this plastic pos gear. And I have an MP3 player as well. But i am using an fm transmitter, and it gets annoying at times. Im gonna buy an actually FM inturupter. Connects to the actual antena.

Mariach
Car: 2001 Nissan Pathfinder SE

Honeslty, i know it's a little more money initially, but go for a double din deck, w/ ipod/cd/bluetooth/usb integration.I had the exact same problem you did, ERR2 on the changer, and i fumbled around with it, tried the FM modulator route.. nothing is the same as having a direct connection. and it looks so sweet when you find a double DIN setup.

hp600jake

Yeah I am looking at a 7" touch screen for the radio. will fit perfectly. But expensive and don't have money.

SHEENA4UK
Car: 2001 Nissan Pathfinder 4X4 SE V-6

Hello - I have the same problem - again. I had the ERR2 code reading back in June 2005 - and sent the unit to Johnson Electronics for repair )Shrewsbury MA) I just called them - and their number is disconnected - and I cannot locate them on the internet. Any suggestions for a repair shop? I live in Virginia Beach, VA...... Johnson's cost me $225 back then and I'm not really looking to pay that kind of money again. I have 5 CD's stuck in there.

Any advice/suggestions?

Thanks - Sheena

W O T
Car: 2001 Infiniti Qx4

I just sold my perfect condition 6 disk to a local for $50 just to get rid of it, wish I coulda sent her to a member on here

good luck

joestrummer77
Car: 2002 QX-4

I have one for sale recently removed from my 2002 QX4. Great shape and NEVER an error code. Replaced the entire system so now it's "obsolete".

If you anyone that's interested I'll give em a good deal. Have the 4 - 6 1/2" door spkrs too....

Thanks

hp600jake

How much?

joestrummer77
Car: 2002 QX-4

Hey....

Let's say $120, $30 bucks for the spkrs

Please let me know, as I'm posting on ebay within a week or so.

Cheers

SHEENA4UK
Car: 2001 Nissan Pathfinder 4X4 SE V-6

I was able to get the 6-CD changer out and the CD's out......however, I'm "fed up" with the problem ..... as previously stated, I spent way too much $ getting it fixed in 2005....... now I'm ridin' around looking like a "white-trash-mobile" with a big empty space (where the CD player was). I wouldn't buy another 6-CD changer if someone offered it to me for $5. If you had a perfectly good one that never had problems you are one of the few ..... I would bet that most everyone with a factory installed CD player has had problems. Oh well - least it's not the engine.

Still trying to decide on what system to pu in place of the CD player.... I'd like to keep my Bose radio/cassette (yes I do still listen to some of my oldies on cassette).....anyway....I've checked out Crutchfield and they have some that will fit - just a pain that I can't get what I want without all the additional "stuff" that I do not need/want.

tjjones39
Car: 1998 infiniti qx4

is there any used part place to get radio-wheel hubs--light len--etc. ---parts for 1998 infiniti qx4

sixty4
Car: 2008 QX56
1964 Lincoln Continental

Gone:
2006 QX56, 1998 QX4, 2001 QX4, 2000 I30

I had the same issue in my 2001. I replaced the stereo with a Pioneer Avic D3 w/ Navigation. I had to get a custom bezel built from a local shop and had it installed. Costly in the end but well worth it. You can the new one for a good price @ http://bit.ly/1KNgC

monamh27
Car: 2001 nissan pathfinder

SHEENA4UK wrote:I was able to get the 6-CD changer out and the CD's out......however, I'm "fed up" with the problem ..... as previously stated, I spent way too much $ getting it fixed in 2005....... now I'm ridin' around looking like a "white-trash-mobile" with a big empty space (where the CD player was). I wouldn't buy another 6-CD changer if someone offered it to me for $5. If you had a perfectly good one that never had problems you are one of the few ..... I would bet that most everyone with a factory installed CD player has had problems. Oh well - least it's not the engine.

Still trying to decide on what system to pu in place of the CD player.... I'd like to keep my Bose radio/cassette (yes I do still listen to some of my oldies on cassette).....anyway....I've checked out Crutchfield and they have some that will fit - just a pain that I can't get what I want without all the additional "stuff" that I do not need/want.
sheena4uk, how did you get the cd's out of the player? i have the same problem now with my 2001 nissan pathfinder. even if i get the 6-cd changer out i'm not sure how to get the cd's out. i would really appreciate your help.

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”