NICOclub vs Wikipedia?

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
thekage
Car: 98 Dodge Caravan, 98 Dodge Intrepid

ibtl.

PoorManQ45

graylit wrote:"We asked for nothing"

ok im calling bs right there, you insisted on linking to your site

quit portraying yourself as a victim, its really pathetic. arent you like 60? grow up.
So because we tried to properly inform the reader by linking to a source of more info it is our fault?

nametakennow
Car: '06 MINI Cooper S

AZhitman wrote:I just read through your prior posts.

You really are a retard.

Asking people to ship you pot, calling another member a "queer" because of his appearance, advocating date rape, and generally knowing nothing about cars... Why are you here?
I've been sincerely confused about that too, kind of like the RSX owner who drops into the Sentra forum just to talk smack.

I really don't see why this thread has resurfaced. Wikipedia has decided to have some kind of beef with NICO for, from what I can see, no reason. Oh well. Let's move on with life. It's just a website. People who want real answers to their Nissan questions will find the info they want somehow, and many times that means that they end up here. If they don't, oh well, at least they found what they needed somewhere.

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

graylit wrote:"We asked for nothing"

ok im calling bs right there, you insisted on linking to your site

quit portraying yourself as a victim, its really pathetic. arent you like 60? grow up.
So, I take it that you are associated with them in some form or fashion thus your BS on here. We supplied information from more than one source across the globe (yes, we have global members) and linked our supporting sites which have associated information concerning the individual products. So friggen what? The intent here was to add all pertinent information to Wiki as a collaborative resource while allowing the viewers to know there are dedicated resources that can be utilized, thus our Network of support sites. This was deemed as spam and all associated links were removed and complained about via the Wiki college boiz. We, and others it seems, have said a big FU to Wiki since and have gone on with keeping OUR information and knowledge base within our own forum structure. We lose nothing at this point while Wiki loses a valuable knowledge base. If we would have known about this before there would have not been an issue as we would have never put ANY information on that site at all.

So, go smoke another bowl and STFU

BadMojo
Car: 2007 Mazdaspeed 3

AZhitman wrote:Guess what? Our demographic has no need for the Alexa toolbar, but the people who adore Wikipedia seem to love Alexa.
I don't worry too much about Alexa. My adware software takes care of Alexa for me. :D

Return to “General Chat”