The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
Infman99
Car: 99 Inft I30t

Hey all new to the site I have 99 Inf I30t that I bought off of my grandfather back in about 2005 at the time the car has 20,000 miles on it and now I just turned 62,000 but I have a couple of questions its a 4 spd and when I floor it to down shift it works fine but up shifting it shifts hard is that normal for that tranny? I check all flulds on the car it looks great ( the car is in amazing condition for a 99) only mods are AFE oem style air fliter stillen slotten rotors with his metal martix pads. my uncle took care of the car for my grandfather hes a die hard nissan freak car nut so i know wheres the car been. the only other thing is that I had to pop in the o2 sensor past the cat but thats about it, its a great car oh Im running reg oct I noticed on hot days like in 90 deg in park I will rev it and it will spark knock is that normal for it? oh one more thing do the vq30s have anytype of mechanical valve timming?thanks guys

lightsout
Car: 00 Nismo Maxima SE

with the max's and i30 usually if someone has a hard up shift it's a motor mount...check your mounts.

i don't know if it's normal...but i've seen a grip of max's on youtube.com that have that pop too....do you have exhaust that has a lesser back pressure?

welcome to NICO

lightsout!!

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”