New vert in the family

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
DeXteR
Car: 14 Titan Pro4X
05 Xterra OR
92 300ZX Slicktop
94 Sentra RS Rally Car

So a few weeks ago, a fellow TCE member sent me a picture message of a vert he saw for sale on Autotrader.com. I thought to myself, “Bill, why are you sending this to me? You know I can’t afford another car right now!”

I quickly thought nothing of it.

I got home later that day and my wife asked, “Did you get that picture message from Bill?”

“Yes… why?” I said.

“My dad wants you to call the guy.”

“WHAT?! For real?”

“Yup.”

There’s a funny back-story.

That morning, Michelle was helping her dad do some work and out of the blue, he told her that he wanted me to start looking for a vert because he wanted to buy one. Ever since Michelle and I got the first vert, her dad really liked the car. It wasn’t more than an hour later and Michelle got the picture message from Bill too. Michelle showed her dad and they couldn’t believe it.

The following day, I found the ad on Autotrader and gave the guy a call. I asked some questions about the car like where it came from and how long they’ve owned it and what kind of service it’s had. Everything sounded good and I reported back to my father-in-law. When I told him it was about two hours away, he asked me to set up a time to go look at it.

Saturday we (Michelle, her parents, and myself) all went to go look at the car. When we got there, I was amazed at how clean and unmolested this car was. I looked over all the trouble spots where corrosion usually occurs, looked for missing trim pieces, and thoroughly inspected the engine bay and underbody. We took it for a test drive and everything was great. The top works perfectly (which makes my wife super jealous), the air blows cold, and there isn’t even a dent in the body.

My only concern at this point was that there was no boot. I asked the guy if he was sure he didn’t have a boot. He said, “You know, I’ve got something in the pole barn that I’m not really sure what it is and it’s been out there for a long time. Let me go check.”

He returned with this long black bag with a confused look on his face. “I don’t know if this is what you’re looking for.”

“That’s exactly what I was looking for!”

I opened the bag and we pulled out a pristine boot. It’s been sitting in the bag in this guy’s pole barn for the last ten years.

That sealed the deal. I told my father-in-law, “You’re not going to find a nicer convertible around here for this kind of price. I think it’s a great deal. If I had the money, I’d buy this car right now.”

My father-in-law took my advice and we drove the car home that day.

He loves this car. Future plans include regular maintenance and storing it in the winter. My father-in-law doesn’t want to change anything on the car. He wants to keep it completely stock and just enjoy driving it. I need to find a rear window switch button and figure out why the high beams aren’t working. Other than that, this car just needs to have the top dropped and some open road.

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

Wow that is perfect. Congrats to him.

Now what's the chances he signs up on here?

And you know you need to get that into the registry. Edit: I now see that you did.

galaxy p
Car: S13

Congrats, thats a great find. Any interior shots and whats the milage if you don't mind me asking.

AZ89two4Tsx
Car: 2017 VW GTI, 14 Honda CBR650F

Holy s*** that thing is clean!!!!

Is that the original top?

Thamm
Car: 2001 Lexus IS300, 2003 Toyota Matrix, 1993 Honda Civic

Wow, that is clean!!

94_240sx
Car: 94_240SX

Clean car and a great story. I love white 240 vert. Take good care of it.

Piper
Car: 96 240, the new toy.
93 Vert, gave to my bro... for now,
91 HB, brother totaled,
27 other 240sx's in total, all gone now!

Congratz!

All these verts are poping up in weird places lately. And it sure looks like this one is in great shape also. And to have the boot with it!!! Im gonna have to make a trip up soon to check it out....and pic up more parts!

DeXteR
Car: 14 Titan Pro4X
05 Xterra OR
92 300ZX Slicktop
94 Sentra RS Rally Car

biggie wrote:Now what's the chances he signs up on here?
Slim to none. He's not much of a computer person or a car person. He just loves the vert.
galaxy p wrote:Any interior shots and whats the milage if you don't mind me asking.
I didn't take an interior pictures. Mileage was about 130,000 when we got it home.
AZ89two4Tsx wrote:Is that the original top?
Yeah. original rear window too. This car was very well taken care of. Michelle is super jealous of the top on this car.
94_240sx wrote:Take good care of it.
Don't worry, we will. One of the conditions for my father-in-law getting the car and having me help broker the deal AND have to do ALL the work on it, is that Michelle and I get first dibs on the car.
Piper wrote:Im gonna have to make a trip up soon to check it out....and pic up more parts!
Just give me a call. I've got a lot of free time this month.

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

DeXteR wrote:Yeah. original rear window too. This car was very well taken care of. Michelle is super jealous of the top on this car.
So am I. Mine had 29k less miles when I picked it up 2+ years ago and th top is more worn and can't see out the back window.

DirftKing102
Car: Nissan 240sx 1993 convertable

That is one awesome vert!

noobdrftr
Car: of crap...just pure crap

it looks like you just bought it from Nissan

sr23det
Car: fastback

nice vert congrats, makes me want to get a new top on mines now

Return to “240SX Convertible Forum”