New to the game need some help

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
LostCauseSPECV
Car: 2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V

I have the 04 nissan sentra se-r spec v and personally I think it is just slow I was wondering before I start trying to mod it, is it possiable to put a EVO motor in it. I know different brand and all but I am trying to push at least 800hp to the wheels if not the EVO motor how about the RB motor? any help would be greatly appreciated

nametakennow
Car: '06 MINI Cooper S

Possible? Yes. Has anyone done it? No. The EVO swap would be utterly one-off and, IMO, kinda stupid. This is especially true since there is the Pulsar GTi-R SR20DET, which is easily as good of an engine, and far easier to swap. Run some searches, it's been discussed.

The RBs are longitudinal and far too long to fit in the engine bay.

Either way, you're going to spend a TON of money to get to that kind of hp, and the car will be practically undrivable, especially in FWD configuration (and before you ask, AWD Sentras have been talked about for ages, but so far no one has made one work, though, technically, there was a Japanese B13 that was AWD, but it wasn't a performance model). By getting it to where the power actually can be put down, you'll end up having a car that is extremely difficult to operate and even more difficult to keep on the road.

500dolla
Car: 1993 G20 Infiniti

Yea in all seriousness, The only Reason a Evo can handle all the power is because it is AWD and has a LSD if i'm not mistaken. It is a born sports car, brilliantly engineered. The Sentra Spec-V is like the SI of the Civic. Just Giving the daily commuter a bigger engine/HP. Not to say Turbo swaps have not been done.

Also i was reading SuperStreet and some actually put a VQ35DE engine(Maxima Altima 350z etc....) in a Spec-v. Here is the site that explains the setup. http://myspecv.com/

Best of luck with the Spec-V!

nametakennow

Yeah, that's becoming a common swap. Actually, in SE-Rs it's more common than a GTi-R DET.

Specs have a helical limited slip. For a front-driver, they put the power down quite well, but 800whp is just plain ridiculous. Past about 250whp in a FWD car things get hairy, and past 300whp they're just plain hard to drive.

CentralFLSentraSE-R
Car: 2005 Nissan Sentra SE-r

I was actually thinking about doing the 350z motor swap into my 05 SE-r. But then i was thinking that, for me, the cost would be astronomical to do this. Any insight into the kind of cost I would be looking at?

nametakennow

I'll add a VQ swap thread or two to the Table of Contents.

You do NOT want to use a 350Z engine. It's longitudinal. You need a transverse VQ (i.e. Altima or Maxima 3.5).

Get in touch with a member by the username Trav4011. He's the pioneer of the swap.

It's not cheap. I want to say the swap kit itself is a few thousand, and that doesn't include the engine.

500dolla
Car: 1993 G20 Infiniti

Yes sorry for leading you on with the 350z engine, i was just explaining the code name. But a question, with the swap how much excess room is there? I'm thinking a turbo is highly unlikely for it to be run in a sentra with such a large swap.

VMPhil
Car: 2007 Volkswagen GTI

IIRC the VQ swap is a tight fit, Adding turbo will be a tough fit, although i think travis has (or is currently) tried this. The Swap runs about 5k for the basics. for all the goodies you can expect to pay about 10k.

A 4aG3 swap? out of the question unless you want to get into the discussion of just how deep are your pockets.

An RB motor will not fit.

Seriously the Spec-V isnt blazing fast. its an auto cross ready machine but its not a drag ready machine. its in the same Econo Sport category as the VW GTI, Civic SI, Mazda Speed Protoge, and Toyota Celica. The SE-R handles better than all of the afore mention vehicles and is about as fast (which is to say about 15 sec in the quarter mile). if you want fast, honestly save up for a fast car.

LostCauseSPECV

Thank You all for the help that has saved me a few dollars then because I was thinking seriously about inporting a RB motor from japan I am glad I didn't I have enough paper weights lol How about the SR20DET how much would I have to do to get that in? and how much hp do they run?

nametakennow

Stock DETs have 210-240hp. Up the boost and you can hit 300s with relative ease. Past that will need new fuel management. The internals are good for 400ish, maybe more. I can't remember off the top of my head.

800hp in any 4cyl is going to take completely new internals and a ton of cash.

EVO engine = 4G63, VMPhil .

LostCauseSPECV

Thank you for the help.

VMPhil
Car: 2007 Volkswagen GTI

nametakennow wrote:
EVO engine = 4G63, VMPhil .
corrected! ha, i need to brush up on my alphabet soup.

*The thing alot of people complain about is the newest SR20DET you can get is almost 10 years old. they dont build them anymore.

nametakennow

^ True, but if he's going for huge power, he's going to have to replace everything anyway.

LostCauseSPECV

where would you recomend looking for the SR20DET?

LostCauseSPECV

Sorry to be asking so many questions I am trying to figure things out is there a conversion kit to make my sentra a right hand drive?

nametakennow

Contact Soko. Their info is on their site - http://www.soko.com

No. There was also never a right-hand-drive 00+ Sentra.

LostCauseSPECV

HMMM That sounds like a custom job then with the right hand drive I am going to have to talk to some fabricators around my way that would be awsome to be the first RHD 04 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V I am really thinking about given up on the motor swap and just getting the turbo for the factory motor I just don't know if my inturnals will hold up to it

nametakennow

Turbo QRs have been done with plenty of success. Do some searching.

IMO, RHD for the sake of RHD is pointless.

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”