New to The Forums

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
Stanced&Striked
Car: 2009 G37X Sport Sedan

Hello everyone,

My name is Chris and I purchased a stock Graphite 2009 G37X Sport Sedan (13k miles) about a month ago. I feel bad because I have been looking at the forums just about 24/7 for information for mods and I still haven't made an account.

I live in Columbia, SC and I used to own a 2003 G35 Sport Coupe which I started lightly modding before I had to sell it due to moving expenses. I have never really finished a car, but with my new G37 I am going all out.

My first mod was Verde Axis Rims (Front 20x9, Rear 20x10.5). I cant exactly remember what size tires are on them, but I know that they are stretched a pretty good amount so that when I lowered the car they wouldn't rub.

My second mod was the Swift Sport Lowering Springs (Part# 4N907), and there was a pretty big gap in the rear (about 1.6") that I figured would go away.... Well, it still hasn't after 4 weeks.

My third mod was the Injen Short Ram Intake (Part# SP1998P). I pretty much knew it wouldn't provide very much of a gain, but a slight increase in sound. I basically just wanted some sort of intake on the motor until I go forced induction in September, and this was a pretty cheap one that still somewhat functions.

My fourth mod was the Z1 Motorsports Intake Manifold, alongside with the Rev-Up (Orisis) Tuning Software. (Jon at Z1 Motorsports has been MORE than helpful with everything so far. A+++ to him). The tune definitely gave me a little bit of gains and the intake sounds great on the VQ Motor.

This past week I have ordered a TON of parts for my G, and I think that I have pretty much maxed-out my VQ motor with bolt-ons, and the next step will be Forced Induction.

The mods that will all be installed on Wednesday include (but there may be more lol) are below:
- BC Racing BR Coilovers (because in my opinion the Swift spring suck)
- ARK GRiP Full Exhaust System
- Z1 Motorsports HFC's
- Hotchkis Sport Sway Bar Set (Part #22443)
- Cusco Strut Brace
- Stillen Rear Deck Wing (Same color as the car)
- SPC Camber Kit Arms (Front & Rear)
- Will be debadged of all letters and Infiniti logos
- All chrome will be vinyl wrapped black

Below are a few pics of my G before and how she sits now.

--BEFORE--

--NOW--

Thank you all for looking at my thread, and I will definitely post more pictures after install day on Wednesday.

Thanks,
Chris.

larsG35
Car: '04 G35 6MT sedan

Welcome to NICO!

She looks great!

I really like the new wheels. Not in my personal taste to black out the chrome, but to each their own.

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”