New to NICOclub, just have few questions about my car.

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
rfcpatrick09
Car: 2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe

Hi, I am new to NICOclub. I've been an owner of a G35 Coupe for about a month now and have few questions.

Obviously, the car I bought was handed to me with many problems.

1. The car sometimes flashes SES light but goes off almost immediately or for a while but it does not actually stay on and it pulls out a P0300 Random Misfire code.
(replaced all spark plugs, pcv valve, intake line hose, new breather filter and I think I saw a bit of rip in vacuum hose line but not sure if it's a rip, I don't see it opened or anything but just a bit of bubble kind of looking around the ring)
It kinda makes fuel/gas smell from exhaust, too.

2. The clutch seems to be gone. When I set off in the first gear, it will hesitate around 2k rpm then goes up past 3k then come down a bit with poor acceleration. As if I am giving it gas then the car doesn't want to move that fast accordingly. Like it seems slow.

3. It kinda makes metal rattling noise from the front. As if a bolt or screw is in the engine room and making the noise by touching something. It kinda sounds like it's from the wheel but it's definitely not the engine knock though as it doesn't constantly make that noise. It just makes that noise when it's idling or when the revs come down to idle at lower speed.

I was just wondering if it'd be a good idea to just sell it and buy another car or trying to fix it. I have about $1300 to spare right now and that would barely cover the cost of clutch I think. I was so happy as I was always a big fan of G35's and right now, it just looks like a massive junk to me. I would love to fix it up and drive it as selling it for cheap and getting another car as good as a g35 would not even probably possible.

I've also seen some exedy clutch kit online going for $250, I was wondering if those are any good. They say it's OEM quality clutch kit.

By the way the car has about 133k miles on it and it's a 04 (03/12 manufactured). I wish I could just chuck a rebuilt engine in it but haven't got money to do so. I've seen a mechanic in Seattle who sells a rebuilt G35 engine for $2000 with $800 to put it in.

Thanks

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

rfcpatrick09 wrote:Hi, I am new to NICOclub. I've been an owner of a G35 Coupe for about a month now and have few questions.

Obviously, the car I bought was handed to me with many problems.
Welcome to NICO.

Why did you not have the vehicle checked out at an Intiniti dealer prior to purchase?
Whatever you paid could have been negotiated lower with problems that were uncovered by a thorough inspection.
rfcpatrick09 wrote: (replaced all spark plugs, pcv valve, intake line hose, new breather filter and I think I saw a bit of rip in vacuum hose line but not sure if it's a rip, I don't see it opened or anything but just a bit of bubble kind of looking around the ring)
It kinda makes fuel/gas smell from exhaust, too.
Just replacing parts is not efficient troubleshooting .

You need to develop a plan

Either spend the money for a professional dealer inspection or trade in or sell the car.

Pouring money into an old vehicle is a waste IMHO

Go price a new vehicle. Get internet prices from at least three dealers
Negotiate the best out the door price that you can
Only at that point do you mention a trade in
When you get a final cash out the door price only then do you bring up a possible lease vs cash/ your own finance purchase

A new vehicle comes with all new parts and a warranty.

Buying someone else's POS never leads to happiness.

Good luck

Telcoman

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”