New Q45 member here

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
97q45bob
Car: 97 Infiniti Q45

Hi,
This is my first post on this sight. I have a 97 Q45. I am going to replace my Bose head unit. Are there any special adapters I should have aside form the standard ones such as wiring harness and faceplate?

QueenV
Car: 1997 Q45 170,250m Silver/Black
Done: 2 knock & 1 oxygen sensors, L. L. Control Arm, Tie Rod, Radiator, Battery, Exhaust pipe and now looking at front struts. This Q made me fall in love with driving.

Please let me know what you install. My Q is a 97 and I want to buy HU with sound/gps and need any advice you can give.

BadQ45t
Car: 21' Leaf SL Plus (wife's car)
05' X-Terra S 4x4
97' Q45t SOLD! Miss the old girl
84 300ZX (Original Owner)
2016 Mercedes Benz S550e V8 Power and 35 MPG

It is actually pretty simple. You need a $35 Bose Adapter and that takes care of the entire thing. I did the research myself and I was going to do an Apline Nav/DVD/Streaming unit, but the price of the NAv is still a grand for a good one. I opted to install a hard wired cell phone mount point and a Pioneer unit that has Pandora and blue tooth streaming and included everything for hands free.

The total cost was under 650 bucks installed for everything and I love it. the Bose stuff gets slammed but I have to say the sound quality is excellent, the Pioneer until has a built EQ which really helps.

97q45bob

BadQ45t, thanks for the reply. Do you recall the part number for that adapter? That will make things much easier. I too am installing a Pioneer unit. This one is the media player only. BT capable. Surprising how light it is with no CD player in it.

QueenV
Done: 2 knock & 1 oxygen sensors, L. L. Control Arm, Tie Rod, Radiator, Battery, Exhaust pipe and now looking at front struts. This Q made me fall in love with driving.

Ty, BT. You got me going crazy on researching this. I found a few well reviewed new $250-$300 players and then spotted some refurbished $500-$600 Kenwood with garmin navigation. I may go the refurbished route now.

97q45bob

Queen, you may want to try a new deck with a portable Garmin. That is what I have done in my Subaru and it works out perfectly. Depending on what you want, cost will still be 350 - 600 for the units.

BadQ45t
Car: 21' Leaf SL Plus (wife's car)
05' X-Terra S 4x4
97' Q45t SOLD! Miss the old girl
84 300ZX (Original Owner)
2016 Mercedes Benz S550e V8 Power and 35 MPG

The part number is an easy find on crutchfield, you can just call them. I had a radio place do the work so they supplied it for 35 bucks.

I really think that the GPS is a waste of time and money, I got the really nice full screen DVD/Audio Player and then got my cell phone into position with a constant hot, so I have Wave up and running with traffic, road information etc. But if you can get Garmin that is better than anything else. The alpine unit I wanted to buy looked sweet but it was $1200 versus 450 for the Pioneer and it wouldn't have sounded one lick better.

97q45bob

BadQ45t wrote:The part number is an easy find on crutchfield, you can just call them. I had a radio place do the work so they supplied it for 35 bucks.

I really think that the GPS is a waste of time and money, I got the really nice full screen DVD/Audio Player and then got my cell phone into position with a constant hot, so I have Wave up and running with traffic, road information etc. But if you can get Garmin that is better than anything else.
Found the adapter I needed from PAC audio. I do have a portable Garmin for the wife in the Subaru. I made an in-dash tray that slides out for her to use. She prefers the portable unit more than the phone as she feels more hands free when it is in use.

QueenV

I'm at a point now where the power antenna was replaced, I'm about to install the stereo, and now i'm told I need a special adapter to connect my random stereo to the power antenna adapter. Does anyone have a link or a part number I need? thank you all.

Ebixler
Car: 98 Q45
04 G35

I'll try to find the packaging, just installed the power adapter.
If you go to Best Buy they will pull it immediately for you. Says it's for premium Nissan sound systems or something and gives a range of 96'-01 or something close to that.
I'll try to dig the packaging out and post

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”