New Nissans and Car Audio dont mix

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
livinloud98
Car: 2007 sentra S

Note: pretty much i just posted this on my car audio forum that im very involved in. Thought i would post it here to. Now what im saying goes for audio systems over 1000 wats RMS. below that power level that you shouldnt have issues

alright so pretty much all 07+ nissans are useless when it comes to car audio. if your planing on doing a decently big system and buying a newer nissan, DONT!

First off the stock alt in my sentra is only 110 amps - i know its not that small for a car of its size, but listenin to what i say below.

Alright so these new nissans are all CVT transmissions, all these CVT's are controlled by computers, the steering is electronically assisted, the gas pedal is "drive by wire" - meaning no cables just a sensor on the pedal like your rolling up a power window.

All these things that the car uses just to drive draw a good amound of amperage from the alt (not to mention if you have the heater/ac on or any ohter regular car functions) - This is a problem, but i bet your thinking, nothing a good alt and a few batts can doo.. WRONG!

My voltage drop is only .5 volts when my subs are at full tilt, this little drop is enough to make the car very stubborn to drive.

It jerks and revs high and low to any voltage change in the system, and the steering is noticeably harder when there is a bass note playing.

This goes for pretty much all newer nissans that have these drive by wire systems and CVT's

So pretty much the only way to properly run a system in these cars would be a dual alt setup, where the car is on one line, and the audio is on another.

Just thought id report this, if anyone is planing on buying a newer nissan and doing a big system, think twice about it

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”