New Micro Filter Choice!!! All G owners read!!!

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
Poyzinous
Car: 2004 G35x Premium 1976 Classic Red 36 inch #18 Radio Flyer Wagon...

The G35 has used part number 999M1-VP051 as its in-cabin micro filter forever. But there have been different kinds of filters available for other cars that weren't the right size, so unusable in the G or FX. For example, the one for the M45 and Q45. The one with active charcoal filtering. Well the new FX was released with the special kind of filter. Active charcoal as well, that more than cleans, it has better microfiltration, and odor control. It is Part Number 999M1-VS251. It costs a little more, between $40 and $60, and I installed one in my G. It is the exact same size as the regular one. Get one today if you hate smelling poo when you drive by a farm or water facility, or if you have bad allergies like me. They last for 12 to 18k depending how polluted your area of the country is.
Modified by Poyzinous at 7:02 PM 2/4/2009

Jacko3

Thanks for the info. But then, if I roll up my window to avoid the smell crazy smell out there, how am I supposed to hear that sweet, sweet stillen exhaust sound????? This is my number one problem with rolling my window or the necessity of changing any micro-filter in the car.

Poyzinous

Downshift one or 2 gears momentarily.

Jacko3

I have tried it. It still does not transfer that mind transforming and exciting sound to my hands and feet for more aggressive driving. I feel so docile driving my car with the windows up. When I have cause to drive with my windows up, I just don't waste my time at all, and i just go ahead and drive the little nissan.

Sentientbydesign
Car: 03 Evo VIII - 330 AWHP
05 Subaru Legacy GT Stg 2 - Sold
05 G35 6MT Coupe - 278 WHP - Sold
04 WW Evo VIII - 302 AWHP - Ex's
96 I30 - Sold

Just strip the G of the sound deadening hehehe

SteveTheTech
Car: 15 Sentra SR
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-
05 Mazda 6 L3 Sport, 95 J30, 94 D22

So the filter from the 09 FX fits the older Gs? VS251 which filter is this? I was just wondering if the Grape Seed Propylene activated filter that the FX50S uses. Even if you cannot add an emissions sensor or ion generator inside the heater box adding this new filter may be a decent "mod" for keeping the air inside your car cleaner.

I posted a thread a while back about the benefits of frequent microfilter replacement. To take that to another level I would get one.

Hey Gabe, can you upload a pic of the FX50S filter if you have one in stock.

BrandAidDesignG35
Car: G35

Thanks for the info, mine needs changing, thanks for reminding me.

And guys, I'm with Jacko on this, I will keep my windows open just to hear the exhaust, and I'll purposely drive at the right rpm when it rumbles the loudest and blips and acts awesome.

Poyzinous

Also, those with an 05 to 08 FX, the part for your micro filter, 27277-CL025, it updates to the new 999M1-VS251.It is safe to use in the G and older FX, even though it doesn't have the Ionic Plasma beam filtration system in the FX50. I forgot what its really called. Sorry steve. But Ionic Plasma Beam sounds cool.

pfarmer
Car: 2008 GXS with technology package

SteveTheTech wrote:So the filter from the 09 FX fits the older Gs? VS251 which filter is this? I was just wondering if the Grape Seed Propylene activated filter that the FX50S uses. Even if you cannot add an emissions sensor or ion generator inside the heater box adding this new filter may be a decent "mod" for keeping the air inside your car cleaner.

I posted a thread a while back about the benefits of frequent microfilter replacement. To take that to another level I would get one.

Hey Gabe, can you upload a pic of the FX50S filter if you have one in stock.
Did Infiniti remove the ionic option? If so it may be because of the production of ozone. There is some debate on the recommended maximum limit but I think it sits in the area of 50 ppb for medical devices. Some ionic generators work very well without excessive ozone production, other not so well.

Perry

Poyzinous

I believe the ion thing is only on the FX50 and the 09+ FX35 with tech package. But anyway, the new filter does a lot as far as improving smells and things. Diesels and the sewage facility by my house were much less noticable with this new filter.

SteveTheTech
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-

Here is a pic that Gabe sent me of the new filter.
pfarmer wrote:
Did Infiniti remove the ionic option? If so it may be because of the production of ozone. There is some debate on the recommended maximum limit but I think it sits in the area of 50 ppb for medical devices. Some ionic generators work very well without excessive ozone production, other not so well.

Perry
From what I have seen the Plasmacluster charging plate is very similar to a Tesla charging plate that the new seats use for heating and AC. There is also a gas emission sensor located ahead of the radiator and evaporator assembly. This sensor detects elevated NoX and Hcs and closes the recirculation door. The filter itself uses activated organic polymer threads interwoven into the filter median to remove even more potential contaminants, as well as some odors.

I cannot find very much information on the Advanced Climate Control System, which is an amazing addition of automation. Thats the closest to going green that your going to get out of a 50S. If you want to see what Infiniti will introduce into other models over the next few year, check THIS link out. For now the FX50s is the only model in the lineup that has Active rear bushings and Collision Avoidance Technology. Through the use of a faster and more thorough CAN network using a CAN BUS for the first time to more efficiently directing signals. The Collision Avoidance Technology will not only vibrate the gas pedal, and force against your foot but it can apply the brakes if driver input is not provided to avoid what the car deems as an imminent incident. It take the Zero MPH ICC sensor and uses to do more than keep you 10 meters from the car infornt of you now.

Sorry for the rant, I'm a technophile and that is that main reason I like this product so much. Other companies have different variations and similar technology but the Nissan engineers make it all work with ease. That is not to say you will not have to learn how it wants to be used, which is the biggest problem I encounter with the new models.

Sentientbydesign
Car: 03 Evo VIII - 330 AWHP
05 Subaru Legacy GT Stg 2 - Sold
05 G35 6MT Coupe - 278 WHP - Sold
04 WW Evo VIII - 302 AWHP - Ex's
96 I30 - Sold

Steve,

What if I want to run over a neighbor? lol

This system sounds awesome, but for the sake of argument, what happens if a dear or other animal appears in front of the FX50?

I'd have a real issue if the system decided to brake hard, loose traction, then have to implement some advanced VDC intervention.

zozoka1212
Car: 08 Infiniti G35x

Thanks for the info. I'll look into this myself when I'll go in for oil change.

Poyzinous

The Forward Collision warning system can be turned off. There is a button to the left of the steering column. And the LDP can also be turned off. And the new CAN systems are amazing steve. Did you know the 03 and 04 M45 had ,1600 wires? And the new M45, with the new CAN, even though its a newer slightly more complex vehicle, only has 1100 wires. Interesting to me at least. But the point of this post was for the new Micro Filter. It FEELS sturdier and higher quality, and Is perfect for anyone with funny smells entering their cabin from outside, and possibly a necessity for anyone with allergies.

SteveTheTech
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-

Poyzinous wrote: Did you know the 03 and 04 M45 had ,1600 wires? And the new M45, with the new CAN, even though its a newer slightly more complex vehicle, only has 1100 wires. Interesting to me at least. But the point of this post was for the new Micro Filter. It FEELS sturdier and higher quality, and Is perfect for anyone with funny smells entering their cabin from outside, and possibly a necessity for anyone with allergies.
How the hell do you know that????

Sorry for the thread jacking, I tend to run a little long.

Poyzinous

I was bored one saturday, so I stripped the trim panels on an 03 M45 and started counting all the CAN wires and got curious, b/c my G has 1300. So I counted the ones on a new M and it has much less, since it uses the new CAN. I'm kidding steve. It was mentioned in one of the SIR videos i think.

pfarmer

SteveTheTech wrote:
From what I have seen the Plasmacluster charging plate is very similar to a Tesla charging plate that the new seats use for heating and AC. There is also a gas emission sensor located ahead of the radiator and evaporator assembly. This sensor detects elevated NoX and Hcs and closes the recirculation door. The filter itself uses activated organic polymer threads interwoven into the filter median to remove even more potential contaminants, as well as some odors.

For now the FX50s is the only model in the lineup that has Active rear bushings and Collision Avoidance Technology. Through the use of a faster and more thorough CAN network using a CAN BUS for the first time to more efficiently directing signals. The Collision Avoidance Technology will not only vibrate the gas pedal, and force against your foot but it can apply the brakes if driver input is not provided to avoid what the car deems as an imminent incident. It take the Zero MPH ICC sensor and uses to do more than keep you 10 meters from the car infornt of you now.
There is a new commercial out, I think for a Toyota that shows a braking system that sounds similar, that is will apply the brakes if a collision situation is detected.

The idea sounds good as long as it doesn't screw up like the concept presented on Packard's Betsy the Mule.

Not sure what they call such a car now but the term 'mule' was used for a vehicle used for testing purposes, for example Studebaker had an Avante with two doors on one side and one on the other. Packard had a radar braking system which had a nasty habit of applying the brake when a car crossed the intersection ahead of Betsy.

In the case of my laser based system it seems to work pretty well, however it has acted a little strange a couple of times with oncoming traffic traveling next to guard rails. Never engaged the brake, however has slowed my car. While I find it acceptable for my car, especially since you probably are best off using it only where oncoming traffic is not present, with one that is used for accident avoidance it would have to be engaged most if not all the time, therefore would have to be much more selective.

Perry

SteveTheTech
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-

I really did not know that Packard had that back then. I'm sure that thing was a mobile radiation gun. The modern software that the newest systems use is amazingly advanced. As a technophile I find this stuff fascinating, the software and operation parameters are surprisingly intuitive from what I have experienced in "trying them out"(safety first of course).

This technology is the beginnings of the automation. Being a part of such a huge step forward in the automobile is one of the great things about this period in time, for car enthusiasts. In our life times we will see and experience steps forward in safety efficiency and collision avoidance that would seem like science fiction only a few decades ago. The technology page on the Nissan Global site has some pretty wild projects in the works, they're release is dependent on the global economy but they are on the way.

I made an article about general mircofilter replacement,Here. If any of you guys have pictures of the procedure feel free to either post them here or email them to me. I would like to add a few member pics to add a slightly better description.

pfarmer

SteveTheTech wrote:I really did not know that Packard had that back then. I'm sure that thing was a mobile radiation gun. The modern software that the newest systems use is amazingly advanced. As a technophile I find this stuff fascinating, the software and operation parameters are surprisingly intuitive from what I have experienced in "trying them out"(safety first of course).
I'll see if I can find some more information on the Packard. Keep in mind it was on their 'mule'.

It turns out her name was not Betsy but Bess:

http://www.automotivehistoryon...1.jpg

and a description of the radar brake:

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/...3.htm

I find this stuff interesting since this really is an old idea made new.

Perry

Tampa G35 Sedan 6MT
Car: 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6MT Black w/ Premium & Areo Pkg
1989 Jeep Cherokee 4X4 Lifted and Old School!

Nice info on new Tech

I will also be changing out my filter

DJ

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”