new item for tuning BullyDog

A General Discussion forum for Altima owners, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to the NICOclub Altima Forums!
crayzitalian3
Car: 2007 Nissan Altima 2.5S

thanks a lot mehdi, i will take a shot at this when i install my header, oh boy i tingle inside everytime i say that!!!!

Dest556
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe 2.5S

Damn, been busy with work lately.

I have a 2.5 CVT and had absolutely no problem with it on my car. Install was a breeze.

Are you guys still in need of a guide on the install?I mentioned earlier that I would write one, but work tore me away from the internet for a while.

crayzitalian3

hey dest, if you want to do a review or write up, your more than welcome to man, and post up your thoughts of it!!!

crayzitalian3

hey guys, if your bullydog gt is working, now is the time to call, just talked to my guy over there and he said it should be ready to work with the current update they just made, so give them a call

unknow
Car: 2008 Altima Sedan 2.5 S CVT

^What's your part#?and what version is the latest update?

dldjros69
Car: 2012 Evo Gsr
A/C 2.5 Turbo 6MT (SOLD)

crayzitalian3 wrote:hey guys, if your bullydog gt is working, now is the time to call, just talked to my guy over there and he said it should be ready to work with the current update they just made, so give them a call
what?

dldjros69
A/C 2.5 Turbo 6MT (SOLD)

^^^^

im tuned. Going out for dinner and some sort of activity... will post impressions later

Datalux
Car: 2007 Nissan Altima 2.5SL w/ CVT, Tech, Etc.

dldjros69 wrote:^^^^

im tuned. Going out for dinner and some sort of activity... will post impressions later
Anyone care to send me the files since BD isn't answering their phones? I needed it for JA05E, so I'm hoping it's in there.

Datalux at gmail dot com

crayzitalian3

just got back from a good 3 hour drive and im very impressed.

performance wise: it is faster, period. i don't care if you guys say dyno it, or prove it, bla bla bla bla SHUT UP, it's faster and that's that. Now remember guys it's not a turbo, it feels like i just installed an intake or an exhaust. It pulls baby, once it hits 30-40, it pulls hard. I love it, definitely the best 300 dollars spent hands down.

economically wise: haven't gone easy on it yet lol.

overall: Get it, you won't be let down, just remember to keep this in back of your head, IT'S NOT A TURBO, it does give you power just not as much as you would think.

Once it installs it asks you what you want to do, speed limiter, rev limiter, what tune. hopefully when they keep updating it they will have everything working for both CVT and Manual. Didn't see a speed calibrator. you can get your timing to +4 and i think -8, im not sure with that, but i know for a fact +4.

my set up is at Premium tune (oh yeah by the way, it says in the book that you shouldn't do the premium tune unless you have premium gas because it can damage your engine.

So, I am set at:

Premium TuneRev Limiter: 6500, but doesn't work because I'm CVT ( we need to push them to try to crack it so we can get it to work)Speed Limiter: 180 lolTiming: +2

that's it for now, im going to read the book tonight to understand each feature.

call them tomorrow and get the tune! im not sure how to send stuff or i would and im not going to take a chance, so just give them a call or click on chat with a tech on their website and when you fill out the form, put Gary in the bottom he has the file ready to go.

HAVE FUN GUYS

JDRosenberg07
Car: 08 Altima Coupe 2.5 6MT

nice review man.. i cant wait till they work all the bugs out and i can afford this. hopefully by then they will have added features they said they would have months ago.

kanejuice
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe 2.5s - CVT - Radiant Silver

i had received the error code 453 then i spoke to Harold there and he gave some file and then i had code 440...now was for yours code 440 for the # JB13A ?i spoke to Harold there and they said that it would be done tuesday for my car not sure if they need a seperate file for your specific car... i called them at 4:30 pm today... unless he didnt know it was out ... sighs

crayzitalian3

sometimes it doesn't work. you have to give him your engine code, once you give it to them, they will get it to work ASAP

dldjros69
A/C 2.5 Turbo 6MT (SOLD)

Anybody want the file - ill email it to ya, just send me an email.

As C Italian said - its not a turbo but boy does it kick. My gf must have drank the kool-aid because her butt dyno told me that is faster.

This combined with the header is gonna get me in some serious trouble. Id go into more detail but CI pretty much said everything.

One thing i did notice is that the lowest i could put the Rpms is 6350. I thought my stock Rpms were 6100?

I didnt see anything for timing.

My speed limiter was set to 110 and guess what i left it there. i aint goin nowhere near 110.

unknow

This is what bd give me today for my car http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?kd3difajxuo

I'm not sure if this update is the same update you guys got cuz the main purpose of this update is to allow bd gt to dump the image of ecu so they can engineer it.

Guys please post the files that the bd give you here.

Thanks

dldjros69
A/C 2.5 Turbo 6MT (SOLD)

Its in my email, i will fwd it to anybody who wants it.

unknow

^Is it different than the above files?

dldjros69
A/C 2.5 Turbo 6MT (SOLD)

Yes it is different.

These files have all the updated engine codes that will be able to tune the car.

I think the files you have posted above are the files they put on the tuner in the first place.

This is 3 files zipped up.

Copy them

take the sd care out of the BD tuner and put it in your computer some how (sd adapter or slot)

paste the files on the sd card and put it back in the tuner.

turn the tuner on.

Menu - update gt software

Perform the download as it should have been done in the first place.

unknow

oh, cool.Can you please send the files to my email or post them here? : ) btw what is part number?

crayzitalian3

hey guys, there is some things im upset about.

i was reading through the instruction booklet and found out a lot of stuff that is in there is not even on our model.

for example, there is an audio setting for the driving coach and whatever else it is for. we don't have that feature.

there was more that got me a little upset, but im sure if we can keep emailing them about it, they will get working on it. so if you want skim through the book and try to find things and then email them about whatever i will be doing this tomorrow

dldjros69
A/C 2.5 Turbo 6MT (SOLD)

unknow wrote:what is part number?
files sent to you and 2 others

the part number of the Gt gas tuner???

i have no idea, are you talking about the 5 digit code to differentiate the different bully dog models? Then no i dont know it at the moment

unknow

Thanks man I got it, they are exactly the same files as the files posted above verified with hash checking.

and this pic below show exactly what I mean (part number)

dldjros69
A/C 2.5 Turbo 6MT (SOLD)

i am part number JB15B

i think the software version (SV) changed

1104 it was 1103

dldjros69
A/C 2.5 Turbo 6MT (SOLD)

official file name

40410_NISSAN_v1104

i was running 1103 so this changed it

unknow

yep this is old pic :D.Unfortunately even with this update still the tune doesn't work for me bd support told me it will be ready within 2 next weeks for my car part number JB50A. that's long

grv575

dldjros69 wrote:
files sent to you and 2 others

the part number of the Gt gas tuner???

i have no idea, are you talking about the 5 digit code to differentiate the different bully dog models? Then no i dont know it at the moment
Yeah I heard they are going to add the menu item to turn off the beeping keys - the manual says there is a menu item to silence the beeps...

What gets me is that different people are reporting different features that I definitely don't have in my menus - telling you your current timing in the status page, and adjusting A/F ratios... The BullyDog Update Agent doesn't have updates listed for anyone else does it? Too bad they don't do more frequent updates, because it does look like the manufactured units going out have more up-to-date revisions of the software on them as they add stuf...

07calsonic
Car: 2007 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

i like what i am seeing with this bully dog everyone seems to love it. i really want to get this but my job depends on me having a license. i am a mail man and i already have 2 tickets and my work told me one more and i am done. on my last ticket i was trying to pass a truck cause it was two lanes turning into one then i look in my rear view and i see the lights. told my wife she got all pissed but i told her there was a good side to it the cop told me that i was pulling from him man my car has some heat oh by the way i was doing 85 in a 55 he wanted to give me a misdeamener and for wrekless driving but he saw my in my uniform and said i understand your late for work and gave me the ticket for 75. im glad i had my uniform on

mcheddadi
Car: R8

unknow wrote:This is what bd give me today for my car http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?kd3difajxuo

I'm not sure if this update is the same update you guys got cuz the main purpose of this update is to allow bd gt to dump the image of ecu so they can engineer it.

Guys please post the files that the bd give you here.

Thanks
thanks for the file! i'm going to go try it!

mcheddadi
Car: R8

unknow wrote:yep this is old pic :D.Unfortunately even with this update still the tune doesn't work for me bd support told me it will be ready within 2 next weeks for my car part number JB50A. that's long
well now I got error 440 "new part number"part# JB11C

I'm going to call them to know if they already have someone who sent it in for that part number. otherwise my BD tuner when into support mode and took a dump of my ecu or engine code or something for me to send it to them.

grv575

Update:

OK, the unit does allow the altering of the A/F ratio. If you into special functions (same place as idle increase and timing advance) menu and select wideband sensor (3rd item), you can choose A or B. A is the default.

A:12.5 A/F ratio average. Can go up to 18.6 for short periods.

B:14.7 A/F ratio average. Can go up to 30 for short periods.

This is a definitely increase in power (obviously) if you choose B. I didn't see intake or coolant temperatures to increase when I had it on B (drove for like 30 minutes). I'm not sure I want to keep it on B all the time since wikipedia scares me away:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Af_ratio

That said, it's nice to have the option to kick the engine into high gear for short track runs or whatever. I'm pretty sure (but not positive) that if the coolant and intake temps are not getting too high, then there's little risk (plus there's a knock sensor which should prevent damage anyway. As far as whether this is 100% safe even with the knock sensor I'm not positive).

I did try out the update (files linked on this site). It does advance the minor version, though I didn't see any new menu items. I reprogrammed just in case they tweaked anything (drives real nice, wouldn't recommend against updating).

Oh, and I have a 2007 but wasn't sure if it was before or after 2007.5. Good news is if you choose the wrong one from the vehicle selection menu, it will tell you, and you can just choose the right one afterwards.

Throckmorton
Car: 2007 Altima

OK, the unit does allow the altering of the A/F ratio. If you into special functions (same place as idle increase and timing advance) menu and select wideband sensor (3rd item), you can choose A or B. A is the default. A:12.5 A/F ratio average. Can go up to 18.6 for short periods. B:14.7 A/F ratio average. Can go up to 30 for short periods. This is a definitely increase in power (obviously) if you choose B. I didn't see intake or coolant temperatures to increase when I had it on B (drove for like 30 minutes). I'm not sure I want to keep it on B all the time since wikipedia scares me away:

What do you think is occurring inside your engine while you are cruising around on option ‘B’? Do you really want the A/F ratio to approach 30, even for short periods?

Do you think that your vehicles oxygen sensors, among other sensors , can compensate for this overly lean mixture? What happens to the catalytic converter when the A/F ration is really, really lean?

Why did you make the statement: “This is a definitely increase in power (obviously) if you choose B.”

From Wikipedia: “ Lean mixtures produce hotter combustion gases than does a stoichiometric mixture, so much so that pistons can melt as a result.Lean mixtures, when consumed in an internal combustion engine, produce less power than does the stoichiometric mixture. Similarly, rich mixtures return poorer fuel efficiency than the stoichiometric mixture. (The mixture for the best fuel efficiency is slightly different from the stoichiometric mixture.)”

The Wikipedia statement is in conflict with your statement. Who is correct?

Melted pistons sure looks like a lot of fun! I have no desire to melt my pistons, or fry my catalytic converter. I perfer my pistons round, and unmelted.

“That said, it's nice to have the option to kick the engine into high gear for short track runs or whatever. I'm pretty sure (but not positive) that if the coolant and intake temps are not getting too high, then there's little risk….”

Little risk???? Other than screwing up your engine, or catalytic converter, what could possibly go wrong????

Return to “Altima General Discussions”