New here, thanks for having me. Starting off with a question

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
01r504x4
Car: 2001 pathfinder 4x4 auto

Hello all. I bought an 01 pathfinder day before yeaterday for a steal. Cant get the key fob to work. Reprogrammed it via instructions here, doesn't work. Tested fob at parts store tester, its putting out the signal. The problem is, the front dome light stays on in door mode. Tried to find which door sensor is bad to no avail. Also looked at the hatch latch and that didnt do anything.

My question, are their recommended door jamb switches to get, preferably eBay or advance auto? Or ones to stay away from? My plan is to buy two depending in price, and switch them out till I find the right one that was bad. Then I should be able to use the keyless fob.

This sound right to everyone why it doesn't work? Tia!

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Hey, congrats on the new ride and welcome to NICO Club!

I'd also use the Factory Service Manual (FSM) for diagnoses. Here is a link to all the chapters for your vehicle. The FWD chapter has the foreward with table of contents, so it's a good starting point. IDX is an index and that helps for finding chapters as well. For you key fob stuff, go to the EL chapter and start at page 288. It tells you how to check the sensors at 302 (without buying new sensors, so that is helpful). I'd try to link the key to the car a few times before giving up. Instruction for that procedure, specific to your car, is in the EL chapter at page 309. Use those steps.

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Pathfinder/2001/

01r504x4
Car: 2001 pathfinder 4x4 auto

Thanks for the reply. Haven't managed to test them yet. But that link is very helpful. Thank you.

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Sure thing. :bigthumb: Let us know how it goes.

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”