New G35 enthusiast

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
jsdesign
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

Hello everyone!

I've purchased 2003 G35 coupe about 4 months ago. I joined the forum so I can start making the car better.
She runs great but got some problems - minor cosmetics, time for brake change, tires, got some rust problems under the car..etc

I am planning on working on the car with the budget and time that I have. The goal is to make this car extremely clean inside and out with proper modification to make the car run better.
I love cars but did not really have a mechanical background. Eager to learn and get better everyday.

First question about brakes..
currently she has brembo package on. It's time for replacement.. dust guard on my left rear wheel is busted and probably need some straightening or cutting... not sure how I should go about that yet. I've been having noise problems with the brakes and thinking it should go away when I change the rotors and pads - going with intense cleaning and bit of rust removal as I see fit.

I'm planning on getting aftermarket rotors and pads that would fit my brake system. There are options I've found but I wanted to see if anyone has that experience replacing brembo brakes to something else.
Please let me know what I should watch out for and/or specific companies I should consider.

Thanks guys!

2_Liter_Turbo
Car: _________________
'96 S14 Coupe: SR20VET
'90 R32 TH1 GTR: RB26DETT
'92 S13 Fastback: SR20DET
'11 V36 Sedan: VQ25HR
'06 GMT800 2500HD: LBZ Duramax

Welcome to the forums! As for the Brembo setup, I would just get a good set of pads and rotors and clean up the calipers a little. It's a good brake setup for anyone save for a professional racer.

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

Welcome to NICO

Brake work on an Infiniti pretty straight forward. The dust shield won't cause any performance issues and many have cut them if upgrading to Akebono's. Make sure you get a good set of rotors as well, either Brembo blanks or something like StopTech. There seem to be some decent 2-piece on the market but I've never used them before. With the car being a 2003 I would consider replacing the brake lines with braided while you are there.

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”