New front rotors or turn originals?

Shocks, springs, sway bars, coliovers, bushings, brakes, wheels, tires - This is the place to discuss G-Series suspension modifications!
Flynz
Car: 2009 G37X

I bought a used 2009 G37X this summer with 26K on it, now it has 31K. I had the SB for the aggressive downshifting of the trans. from 2nd to 1st gear done, which I learned of from the forum, wow what a great difference it made, so smooth now.

I am looking into the brake judder from the front end with moderate or heavier braking. I am contemplating replacing the rotors and pads as opposed to having the originals turned. I would appreciate advise to help back my decision as well as a brand of decent rotors over your standard run of the mill auto parts store variety.

Thanks.

Headnsouth
Car: 2005 G35

I just replaced my front rotors last week, they were warped. The first time they warped I had them cut only to have them warp again. I started out replacing them with Autozone rotors at about $35 a piece. Which I thought was a fair price.
I talked to a friend of mine at work who is a mechanic and he suggested getting a set from "brakemotive". He and a few other guys at work have used them and so far have been pleased.
Reviews have been good and bad. Time will tell on how well they hold up. I think they look great with my painted calipers, Hopefully the zinc coating on the rotors will hold up. I've got a pic in this section.

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

Factory rotors will eventually warp again. I've replaced the rotors on both my G's with StopTech slotted and have been quite happy with them. You can contact tunerzstore.com for a good NICO price.

Flynz
Car: 2009 G37X

Thanks all.

Return to “G35 and G37 Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tires”