New 1993 Q45 Owner

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
bellefeuill13
Car: 1993 Infiniti Q45

Hi Everybody!

I am a newbie here and I have found very many helpful articles so far. My car has a couple of electrical gremlins I am looking to sort out so it can be enjoyable.

The drivers seat does not move, it seems that the controller on the door is not working, the setting lights illuminate and the buttons seem to do nothing. The power door lock button works fine though. I am not sure if it is the control module or the switches itself.

The drivers door speaker has a high pitched screech and cracking noise coming from it. The stereo is all stock Bose and has never been modified so I am unsure what it could be. I am hoping to get some time to take the door card off and do some farther digging, but wasn't sure if someone else has experienced similar issues. Hell, they might even been relates since they are both in the same door!

I am pretty well versed in working on cars and this is an extra fun car so just want to get it functional. Thanks in advance! :)

goody90q45
Car: 1992 Q45 (sold)

bellefeuill13 wrote:...The drivers door speaker has a high pitched screech and cracking noise coming from it. The stereo is all stock Bose and has never been modified so I am unsure what it could be. I am hoping to get some time to take the door card off and do some farther digging, but wasn't sure if someone else has experienced similar issues.....
The problem with the speaker is the amplifier mounted to the back of the speaker, not the speaker itself. You should be able to find one from someone parting out their Q, just don't get one from a 90-91 since they are wired differently and failure rate is really high. For that matter you can use one from any Nissan or Infiniti from 92-96. Try to buy a pair of front amps or a pair of rear amps from the same car so the sound will be balanced. Where are you located?

bellefeuill13

Awesome, thanks for the tip on that! I look for one on eBay today. I am located up in New Hampshire. I really like the G rims on your Q. I think I may go for the same look with mine. Mine is dark green with tan leather, I will have to post a picture up.

Ru$tbucketd21
Car: 1993 Infiniti Q45, 1992 Nissan Hardbody, 1971 Amc Amx

Any idea if the timing guides have been replaced? I'm replacing the Broken plastic guides on my 93 now..

bellefeuill13

I don't believe they have. The car was owned by a friend of mine for the last 8 years and 80,000 miles. It only has 142,000 on it and runs like a top. How many miles are on yours?

BCC93QT
Car: 1990 Infiniti Q45
1995 Infiniti Q45

Keep in mind we havent seen a 93 with plastic guides on here. Atleast i dont think we have. Production date of my 93 was 9/92 and they were metal backed and original

bellefeuill13

That is good news, I will have to look at the manufacture date. I ordered the amp for the front speaker, $28 shipped for a replacement one on ebay. Not too bad, now I just need to figure out the seat problem.

goody90q45
Car: 1992 Q45 (sold)

Ru$tbucketd21 wrote:Any idea if the timing guides have been replaced? I'm replacing the Broken plastic guides on my 93 now..
What's the build date of your 93Q?

Ru$tbucketd21

10/7/92 . Yours probably has plastic guides js

Ru$tbucketd21

The only way you can find out is to take the front cover off.. Either you check them to make sure or risk dropping valves... My 93 ran awesome and I still took the timing cover off and man was it worth it. 2 broken guides. I removed guide pieces from my oil pan and had to buy a new oil strainer .

KYQ45
Car: 1991 Infiniti Q-45

Did you solve your seat issue? I have a 1991 Q-45 with the exact same issues ... the driver's power seat is dead (speakers crackle too). My seat is now stuck all the way forward after my wife drove it and fixing that is my immediate need. There is no movement or attempted movement when any of the buttons are pressed but the setting lights illuminate. Everything else electrical seems to work including door locks, windows and passenger seat. So the door control, circuit breaker and/or wiring under the seat would seem suspect. Is there a fuse that would effect only the driver side seat? How about the related circuit breaker, would other items not work if that was the issue?

It is cold outside, so hoping to narrow my focus. The speaker amps repair will need to wait for warmer weather. Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

KYQ45
Car: 1991 Infiniti Q-45

I got the seat working! :) I know this is an old thread, but in case anyone else is struggling with this same issue I'm reporting back ... I ruled out the circuit breaker, since the seat and power locks are both on it and the locks work, but the wiring diagram shows an ignition controlled 10a fuse is also involved. It appears to be the top left one, so I checked that and found it was good, so I pulled, test and replaced every 10a fuse in the inside panel thinking perhaps it is one of the others. All were good. But after that the seat started working. I suspect power cycling some thing connected to one of the 10a fuses was the trick. Perhaps there is still a faulty component, but now I know the wiring or an uplugged connector under the seat is most likely not the issue. Based on this I would suggest either pulling and replacing the 10a fuses, or perhaps, disconnecting the battery to force a "reboot" as a first step. Time will tell if the seat continues to work over time, but this allowed me to return it to a usable possition so I can drive it again. :)

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”