NEVER purchase products through (advanation) on Ebay!!!

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
white90esex
Car: 90 240sx
90 Q45
12 Titan Pro4x
06 xB

OK, I accidentally bought two items from this company for some odd reason.

1. I ordered a Test Pipe. You cant go wrong with an Ebay brand test pipe for like 40 bucks.

I paid for the item the day I did BUY IT NOW. Two weeks later I get an email asking me to leave feedback.

CHA! feedback... its been two god damn weeks and I havnt heard a word about the item. I assumed it might take a while cause its coming from china or something. Anyways. I tell um I havnt gotten the item in like 2 different emails. Finally 4 days later I get it. Quality was fine though.

2. I bought a quick release from um.

I figure these quick releases are prety fail safe (the ball bearing style). My buddy had one in his car for years, never had a problem.

SO. I paid for that TWO weeks ago TOMAROW. Again today guess what? They sent me an Email asking to leave feedback. WTF!!!! I emailed um again this time pretty upset.

I know that the second time coulda been prevented by paying attention to who Im buying from but still. Twice in a row in a one month period.

To sum it up, dont buy from these guys unless your willing to wait 2-3 weeks to recieve your item.

Just tryin to watch out for fellow nico members.

-THANKS for reading-

NismoDriver240
Car: 2005 STi

slow shipping FTL!! thanks for the heads up for my build when it comes to feedback tell em to suck one til you get your product.... nearly 3 weeks? sounds like they wait for feedback before shipping... weeeeeaaakkk

Didderson
Car: 1990 240sx fastback; '88 Hardbody pickup; '74 Datsun Z

Any non ebay noob who sells and even buys knows that feedback is the way to get what you want. People use it to make sure their item is shipped or refunded/ what have you. Don't let someone tell you to leave feedback just because they are slow, they will get it when you get your item in good condition.

ryan15
Car: 1990 240sx

To add on to this list, never buy from "ilovetacotaco" I bought a turboback exhaust that was suppose to come with a test pipe, didnt come with crap, and the o2 housing doesnt fit worth a sh*t, I have emailed him several times about it being super specific, he always replies "What seems to be the problem sir?", So I left him a nasty feedback, leaves me a crappy one as well saying I never contacted him.

Ryan

JStrateger
Car: 1992 Nissan 240SX

^^ no doubt man, sometimes I think sellers want good feedback more than payment.

I feel for ya though, I ordered a fidanza clutch and crankshaft bearings off ebay last week and I still haven't received them. The sad thing is; UPS' website says my packages were deleivered yesterday.

I'm about to start calling them downs.

white90esex
90 Q45
12 Titan Pro4x
06 xB

ah, see they at least give you tracking info.

I got a notice from USPS saying my order has been sent out. Theres no tracking info through usps for small pacakages so idk if its even legit.

I also had a somewhat retarded experienec with EBstores on ebay.

I ordered a CatBack exhaust and about a week and a half after im like... should be here by now. EMAIL! asked um what the status was.

No response but my UPS tracking number finally displayed that the item was picked up from their location.

Sometimes you will get a UPS tracking number and it was say payment recieved but never say anything about item shipment. Its retarded. Ive never had so much trouble till lately.

gumby74

I personally have had only one bad experience on ebay. The fine folks at I Have Z Parts apparently didn't. Thanks to PayPal (and a back-up call to the fine folks at Visa) I got my money back shortly after. I also got a neg feedback rating out of it that jacked me up. Oh well.I deal usually with only a few vendors, askme4parts, Jarco, JHot and a few others, and only sometimes buy from individuals. I always ask 2 seperate questions to test for a response and gauge the sellers sincerity. Hey, it's worked so far. And I don't leave feedback until feedback is left for me, and I make that known at some point after paying.But as with all things involving money "buyer beware".

1unar3clipse
Car: 93 240sx HB, 01 Dodge Dakota SLT

Didderson wrote:Any non ebay noob who sells and even buys knows that feedback is the way to get what you want. People use it to make sure their item is shipped or refunded/ what have you. Don't let someone tell you to leave feedback just because they are slow, they will get it when you get your item in good condition.
Word.

I buy alot of electronic components from ebay and my rule of thumb is: item received then feedback.

Don't let them bull**** you either, I manage a warehouse and I do not charge for something unless its shipped out that day.

branmr2
Car: 91 mr2 na/jdm 3sgte swap/ 95 240 w rb25 swap

I bought a 3in silicone elbow from them using buy it now, it was suppost to be shipped using usps first class mail so I expected to get it in 6 days or less! Well 8 days went buy and i never see it so I called, and the guy said oh that was returned to us 5 days ago as a undeliverable address. Bull crap! He said I will reship the item asap, and it took him two more days just to reship the item. Well I finally received the item 20 days after I ordered it and guess what??? It was the wrong dang one! They sent me a 2.75in elbow!! When I called back the guy said "Oh well we can exchange the item if you send the other one back, when we get it back we will reship the correct one, I will only take about 2 additional weeks. That would have been fine IF it had got there on time the first time. Oh and I later found out that the reason the item was returned the first time is cause they put the wrong weight on the label. Thats the last thing I will order from those ripoffs.

white90esex
90 Q45
12 Titan Pro4x
06 xB

wow... excellent. Good to know that someone else hates those Dbags.

I still havnt heard about my quick release and I emailed um a few times allready.

****in idiots.

white90esex
90 Q45
12 Titan Pro4x
06 xB

UPDATED:

I still hadnt recieved my item so on wednesday (april 29th) I sent a request to get my money back.

Suprisingly the got back to me within 48 hours and then again I recieved my refund via PayPal today (may 3rd)

I still would not recomend buying from this seller, they are terrible with communicating for the most part and they suck at shipping their items.

BMAR240SX
Car: 1993 240sx Coupe

Just asking so what are the real benefits of ebay?

white90esex
90 Q45
12 Titan Pro4x
06 xB

man, you cant rag on all of ebay negitively.

Theres SOOOO many ups and there are just as many downs of Ebay.

It just depends on what your purchasing and from who.

Most of the time its the cheap products from sellers like this that give Ebay in general a bad rap.

BTW, these two instances are the first 2 of some 40 ebay transactions Ive done on this account. I also used to buy stuff on my dads account way back when. Never had a bad experience till now. Thats why im giving the heads up.

dav721074
Car: Avalanche White 2004 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 3.3 litre Standard Shift w/5' shortbed - Rigid Ind. SR-Q2 on Bull Bar - Willmore Diamond Plate Rocker Panels

BEWARE of ADVANATION! I recently purchased a pair of Halo Fog Lights from them on ebay and they are substandard. The halo ring might as well not be there since they barely light up. The switch that came with them was non-operative and was a cheap stick-on-the-dash type (never even seen junk like that before!). I used my old fog light rocker switch which doesn't allow me to choose the halo ring or fog lights separately so both come on, but as I said, the LED that lights up the halo-ring is weaker than a key-ring flashlight, so no diff anyhow... Also, the internal baffle part of one of the fog lights was 180deg. upside down which caused the light of the passenger side to shine up into the sky instead of down to the ground like a fog light should. I took it apart and rotated the internals 180deg. so it would work properly. Finally, upon inspection of the internal part of the light I had to take apart, the reflective capabilities of the inside of the light are about the same as corrigated tin. Fortunately, the super bright LED's I bought separately for the main fog light part, makes them work OK. They did offer a refund but I had already taped and fused the harness, and secured the lights (that one is on me since I should have checked them closer before installing) so it would have been a bigger hassle than it was worth. I just told them in my last contact with them, that I'd never buy anything from them again and also left negative feedback for selling broken, improperly assembled, and substandard "OEM". I'm going to definitely go to this forum first before getting anything for my pampered 2004 CrewCab Frontier. Everybody seems really helpful and will no doubt have great advice for next time I do on-line-buying.

blkvrtswp
Car: 93 240SX Convertible
SR20DET FP 20G Turbo

ryan15 wrote:To add on to this list, never buy from "ilovetacotaco" I bought a turboback exhaust that was suppose to come with a test pipe, didnt come with crap, and the o2 housing doesnt fit worth a sh*t, I have emailed him several times about it being super specific, he always replies "What seems to be the problem sir?", So I left him a nasty feedback, leaves me a crappy one as well saying I never contacted him.

Ryan
I've ordered at least a half-dozen times from ilovetacotaco, never had an issue. But it's when something goes wrong that you find out how good the seller is.

Return to “240sx General Discussion”