Need to get Consult III working

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
daveg123
Car: Infiniti G25x

Hi,

I am trying to get Consult III software connected to my Infiniti G37. I have the software installed but no hardware as of yet. Before I go out and spend money on the VI hardware, I wanted to ask if anyone has gotten Consult 3 to connect to the vehicle via either:

1.) ELM327 Bluetooth connector (standard OBD-II interface) available widely and cheaply
2.) ELM327 to USB connector

Please let me know if this is possible or not.

Thanks.

Dave

QCtech
Car: 2003 Pathfinder LE

Not possible.

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

What little research I have done says pretty much the same thing. You don't just go out and get that software anywhere, and there are hardware controls built into it. Your ELM is likely a chinese one as well and they give fits even with good reliable software. If you didn't pay at least $50 for the device you don't have real ELM, the chip alone is around $40 to get the real one. 95% of all the ELM out there is garbage, anything can read basic DTCs but it takes the real stuff to do deeper diagnostic and to get accurate realtime livedata that is dependable.

Hugo'sG37x

Hello my friend,
It looks like that for nissan and infiniti, if you want to make good diagnostics, you need the whole consult III hardware and software. There is the consult III or Consult III Plus available. The first one is about 250$ US and the PLus is over 2000$. It looks like the only difference between the two is the VI and the programming. I have the non-plus version and I can make many nice system validations. I just realigned the radar cruise with it (something that usually only the dealer can do.). I also have the engine link app on my ipad using a odbII wifi connector but it does not do a fraction of what can the consult III can do. Hope this helps!

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”