Need tips for 1998 Q45 front strut..plz

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
holymolyNc
Car: 1998 Q45
111,000miles
Stock

Hey wassup guys took the q45 to get alignment after replacing tie rods, guy said i need a front passenger strut I know they are expensive. But I wanted to know the cheapest route for this problem, should i get a conversion kit? Also what other models are compatible with the 98' ?

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

You can get the strut insert kits for 97-98.. The OEM ones are going to be about the cheapest route to go... Search around a little bit here and see what you come up with. www.infinitipartsusa.com is probably the best online retailer for these.

holymolyNc
111,000miles
Stock

Oh ok I did some looking around on that particular website didn't find the strut but did find the mounts,sleeves,and etc which am sure need replacing as well . So where do you actually "refill" and check the fluid from the struts?

tfvesquire

holymolyNc wrote:Oh ok I did some looking around on that particular website didn't find the strut but did find the mounts,sleeves,and etc which am sure need replacing as well . So where do you actually "refill" and check the fluid from the struts?
Not sure what you mean by checking the fluid in the struts. Each side has a sealed strut "cartridge" that gets installed inside the strut housing. You have to completely disassemble both front struts by removing the entire assembly from the car, undo the strut mount, remove the springs and then unscrew the large nut at the top of the assembly to remove the inner strut cartridge. If you are located near Chicago, I would be willing to replace both front struts for a reasonable price since I bought a wall mounted strut spring compressor specifically to do this job on my 98 Q.

Unless you have Arnold Schwarzennegar strength or a really powerfully impact gun, you will not be able to compress the springs far enough using those rental tools from Autozone. Trust me, I tried with no success. Send me a PM or email at [email protected] if you are in the area. I just did my right strut mount two weekends ago after I blew it out hitting a major pothole last winter.

Ted

holymolyNc
111,000miles
Stock

Actually located in the greenville,nc area, so what i have to do is replace the strut cartridge or the entire strut if it is bent?

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”