need tailight removal on 98nissan maxima

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
twinboyzllj
Car: 1998 nissan maxima

i have a 98 nissan maxima and im trying to replace the stock tailights with the generation 2 altezzas. When i got the aftermarket tailights they came with no directions on how to remove the old taillights. do anyone have a diagram to exactly what needs to be removed from my stock or walk me through it

CHORAY911
Car: 96 MAXIMA, W/VQ30DEK &TO4E Turbo, 13" 300ZX Brakes, 10" TV in the dash

Its pretty simple. Take off the trim piece held down by plastis screws. Pull back the trunk carpet. Unbolt the lights and pull them out. The hardest part is not getting black crap everywhere. reverse for install

Choray

nismo1219
Car: '12 Nissan Altima 3.5SR
'99 Nissan Maxima GLE

CHORAY911 wrote:Its pretty simple. Take off the trim piece held down by plastis screws. Pull back the trunk carpet. Unbolt the lights and pull them out. The hardest part is not getting black crap everywhere. reverse for install

Choray
just like above...very straight forward. remove trunk carpeting so its out of the way, unbolt the nuts holding in the taillights and pull out. i personally thought pulling them out was the hardest part - even used a small mallet to "bump" them out!

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”