Need some advice before purchasing a 2008 G37 Coupe!

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
Dpizzle

Hello guys!

I'm nineteen years old and shopping around for a used car with a budget of ~15k-16k. I stumbled across this listing for a 2008 G37 coupe earlier today and wanted your guys' opinion on the way it looks, the listed modifications, and whether or not the high mileage should be a concern. Aftermarket exhaust systems can impact MPG as well, correct? What can I expect regarding this?

I haven't purchased the car but am planning on going to check it out sometime soon; I'm interested in hearing any/all advice you may have for me. Paying for insurance and gas is not a problem for me, but if there are any other costs, aside from normal maintenance, that I may have to deal with, it would be great to know now rather than later.

I think the car looks great, however I'm worried that with the high mileage and the mods that the car may have been beaten on... Not too knowledgeable when it comes to performance mods so any explanation regarding those would also be greatly appreciated. I've read a lot on my own but sometimes "real" people can explain things in a manner that is much easier to understand.

I hope I don't scare everyone away with this wall of text, I also apologize if there are answers to questions I have asked already in stickies and such; I'm posting the question and will read through everything tomorrow!

Thanks very much for the help guys, here is the link to the listing: http://bit.do/SWx3

arrow23
Car: 2008 Infiniti G37S Coupe
Stillen Gen 3 CAI, HFC's and Gnd Kit
ARK Grip CAT Back
Hotchkiss Sway Bars
Eibach Pro Kit
GT Spec FSTB
Uprev Tune
20 mm Wheel Spacers
Stillen Front Lip Spoiler

I have similar mods on my 2008 G37S Coupe.
It sounds to me like the guy has done an excellent job of maintaining it, and knows what he is doing.
It should get better mpg than stock. Mine gets about 25-26 on the highway @ 80 mph.
It sounds like a great car.

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

That's about the "Very Good" KBB price for the car. If it's been maintained and such then 92k is no problem as the VQ can last a long time with proper maintenance. Yes, I'm sure the car may have been driven hard from time to time but most G's are. :)

PnL'sG37s
Car: 08 G37s, M/T, Ivory Pearl, R2C intake, Cusco strut bar

The car looks good being blacked out like that. I only have a few words to help out here. And two stories to share
All this should be done prior to purchase. And it is just from my experience from something called life.
Have a mechanic you trust take a look at it. People are getting way too smart to get the upper hand on things like this.
Carfax it.
Receipts will justify the asking price.
I love my G. You will too. Just don't be another young kid that wraps a car around a light pole.
Story #1 Me and a buddy of mine picked up a G each within a couple of days of each other, well...... after two weeks of ownership I was still driving mine. Our ages 32 and 23.
Story #2 will try to make this short. Ok let's call the seller Tony. The nice black car that is already built is and will be forever none as Tony's car, well if you live in the same area. You buy Tony's car, two weeks later some guy that Tony banged his girl/guy/dog what ever. Had a death wish for Tony. Well he doesn't know Tony sold the car. you can finish the story how ever you want. More key marks down your car, ties slashed, etc. Might be good to buy a stock car over a built car.
I'm sure that last one won't happen to you but the dice are in your hands
Anyways good luck with your research.

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”