need help with transmission and wiper blades quit working

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
spuka02
Car: nissan maxima

After the heavy snow storm here in New York City my car wiper blades are not working because i turn them on before i clean all the heavy ice that was sitting on top of it and now is not working . I am also having trouble with my transmission , i feel a light hesitation when the car shift from first to second gear and also when it down shift from third to second . Is this a sign that i might need to change the transmission fluid the car only has 50k miles on it and is an 05 maxima se and i would like to know where i can find the wiper motor for a cheap price and transmission fluid if i need to change in fact i really never change it before i have the for less then a year and thank you in advance for any advice

loystock
Car: 10 Pilot, 97&03 Q45s, 97 I30 and 06 M35 Sports (04 G35 & 99 I30-RIP)

Have you checked the fuse for the wiper motor? It should be Fuse #39, 20A of IPDM in the engine bay.

Transmission flush is recommended every 30K miles. Better do a pan drop, clean pan and magnets, replace ATF filter, install new gasket and crush washer then do a flush. At the end of the flush, add a bottle of LubeGard Red (not black) ATF Protectant.

Instead of a flush at the shop, you can do multiple drain and refill (run engine for @ 100 secs while shifting gears, then drain). Make sure the engine is warm and the ATF level is correct before doing any drain/refill. Always add the exact amount of ATF drained. The 05 Maxima with Automatic transmission requires Nissan Matic-K (7-3/4 quarts capacity).

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”