Need help fast....HID wiring problems

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
SunLitSandMax00SE
Car: Silver 2006 Infiniti M35

So I got an h4 HID kit. The kit came with the ballasts, connectors, bulbs and the two wire casing things. As you can see in the pictures, I am having a hard time figuring out why the when I plug in the red and black prongs into the stock power plug connector and then the other black wire coming from the black wire with the prong (I'm guessing is the ground wire) is grounded......I don't know why they won't turn on.

I'm guessing none of that made sense

As you can see in the pictures, the kit only came with 2 prongs (red and black) to fit in the 3 pronged stock power plug housing.....how does that work?

The smaller black wire coming off the black wire with the prong.....I grounded that on the bolt shown in the picture (between the screw and bolt)......

To make matters worse, now my headlights don't work with just the stock lights in...... I need some help

*sorry for the horrible quality pictures, I can't my digi cam

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

Does this help?

SunLitSandMax00SE

Not really this is my drawing of my situation and here is the kit I got (I cut out the picture of the connector because it's different then the one I have), the one in my hand is the correct connector.

SunLitSandMax00SE

MinisterofDOOM wrote:Does this help?
Now that I think about it...I think I understand the diagram now

The only thing is that is this kit is for low beams only so I lose my high beams. How does it affect the setup?
Modified by SunLitSandMax00SE at 11:49 PM 10/11/2007

King James
Car: 2011 M37s - Tech, Prem, Del, Aero kit

how much did you pay for that kit. you should've brought one from me there is no guess work and the individual male ends that plug into the factory harness, what is that? mine come with the exact female end for the factory harness. just constructive criticism.

gumbyandpokie999

Ebay?The COMMON IS WRONGIts wired for GROUND ,you need to change it to a common POSITIVE.I had this problem,brand new and it dont work,Theres a reason.You are putting the power in backwards...... lo beam __ __ ) hi beam

__ <<<<positive

The wires that are tiied together are black in YOUR picture ,make that PIN the other two wires OR RED POSITIVE as your NEW COMMON.

Pretend that crummy diagram is the connector. If not the one on the bottom is common ....

Oh boy this requires moving wires around! yay!

Beancooker
Car: Current Car: 2019 Toyota Tacoma (modded)
Past cars: Way too many to list

I got my hid's from coway, and when I got them, I had to reverse the red and black wire in the clip/plug that they came stock in. I believe that you will need to do the same.

D_roc
Car: 2001 Maxima 20th aniv edition

had the same problem coz mine was a bi xenon, maxima has a ground switch which means has a common + and the other 2 are -hope the pic below helps

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”