My Vert build

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
77S30
Car: 1977 280Z

This thread will docuement my build process.
I got the vert from a guy on http://www.mobileimports.org. I traded him my 87 Z31 NA for it. The auto in the vert was a gonner and there is something up with the AC,windshield wipers and cig lighter. They are all related I think.

The day I got her.

For a while I couldnt decide if I wanted to swap the auto for another one or go ahead with the 5 spd swap.. I made up my mind for the 5spd swap and started collecting parts. This took some time but finally got everything needed. I just went with a stock Flywheel, Exeddy OEM clutch kit and used the Enjuku stainless clutch line. Although.. noticed using the Stainless Clutch line from Enjuku, it is a little shorter then I would have thought. I didnt really have the time to do the swap so I took it over to the guys at F and D autocare here in mobile. Great friends and they do awesome work.

I went to the local pull apart cause I got a lead on a nice looking stock wheel (thanks S13beast). It was in great shape!. I snagged it. I was able to swap the whole center section from my original wheel so I could keep the cruise buttons. Here is a pic of the wheel and also shows the manual trans. For the shift knob I went with a Leather one. It is very compfy and weighted nice!

I got this Strut tower bar from Ebay. It was cheap and looks to be constructed pretty well.

I got a whole S14 interior again thanks (S13Beast). I was going to put the rears in but later read they are just a pain to get in, so I will keep the stock rear seats for now.

Thats all I have done to her so far. I have already put over 300 miles on her since Friday and really enjoy driving this car! It is not the most powerful thing in the world but drives great and cruises really nice!

Future plans are Tein S techs and some shocks. Then eventually some 16 or 17" wheels. I plan on building a Nismo power brace look alike and swapping all the bushings for urethane and doing some upgraded sway bars.
Last edited by 77S30 on Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-RJ-
Car: S13 Convertible, 99 Frontier, 03 Sportage, 96 Protege

Nice, keep it up

77S30

Ok update for tonight. The muffler that was on the car was one of the canister style ricer type and the pipe going to it well.. broke in half lol. I installed a new one. Looks like stock but is straight through.. sounds good and quite but low toned. I will eventually replace all of the exhaust with 2.5" pipe but this will work for now.

77S30

i got my shift boot today. Looks great.

I also got some plexus. I cleaned and polished the back window. It looks much better but at night it is still very hazy.

Before...

After..

Before...

After..

Genpac
Car: '93 240sx RB20DET 'vert

Nice and clean top. My next proj is replacing the top and finding a boot for it!

77S30

I bought some Tien S tech's and installed them today. Unfortunatly my struts are blown, so I have some KYB GR2's on the way.

cmkelly
Car: 1992 240sx Vert, 2006 Acura TL, 2001 Pathfinder LE, 1996 4Runner 4x4

Very nice! 5-speed swap is my dream but will have to wait...

Patarach
Car: 240sx convertible KA-T

Looking good.
Also good choice on the tein s-techs, Imo the are probably some of the best riding aftermarket springs. My megans are complete garbage compared to them.

77S30

I sold the tien Stech springs/ KYB GR2 setup. I am now rocking whiteline springs and KYB AGX adjustables.. such a better combo!!!

Also I got some wheels. My 15" tires are almost new and I dont have the cash for larger wheel/tire setup but found some 81 280ZX turbo snow flakes in awesome shape for a great price! They are 15x6.5 with +10 offset. These should look pretty good on the ole vert. I should have them on by Friday.

77S30

Ok got them on and a HUGE thanks to bob over at F and D autocare for the mounting and mucking with the wheels and making them fit!

I think they look pretty damn sweet!!

Return to “240SX Convertible Forum”