My Skyline R32 GT-R Won't Start!?

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
MyFlySkylineGTR R32
Car: 1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R R32, 2004 Nissan 350Z Supercharged by Procharger

I Have recently put a new slave cylinder on the R32 GT-R and the car sat for a few weeks. And yesterday when i finished it I went to start it and the Fuel pump primed and shut off as usual and when i turned the key it just kept turning over? :confused: :wtf2: Would Any one have an Idea? It Ran Fine before i didnt drive it for a few weeks? P :facepalm: lease HELP!!!

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

Start with the basics, got fuel? got spark? By fuel I mean fuel injecting. Your rail may be pupped up up but if the injectors aren't firing it means nothing. RB injectors, the top-feeds at least, are loud as hell; you should be able to tell. Spark, well, pull a coil and plug and lay it against the head and check. I've seen old platinum plugs die after sitting. I have no idea why, they just do that sometimes. If you are seeing spark, though, they are good enough to get a sputter.

You should have been nowhere near anything that would have caused a no-start situation.

MyFlySkylineGTR R32

i found the fuse was blown then it ran fine.. i put a 20 amp fuse in but it was a 15 I didnt have a 15 handy at the time but i replaced it with the correct fuse 15amp and it blew car spudered and shut off now its doing the same thing all over again not getting fuel... the car is cranking but not starting.

themadscientist

Is your pump stuck in high flow? If sometimes you hear it suddenly get real buzzy, that's high flow. If it's doing it all the time, that may be what's blowing your fuses.

MyFlySkylineGTR R32

I Believe So?.. Thats weird i dont understand how it would be stuck in high flow? Its A Tomei 255 and the car run off the apexi f/c. I was goin to change the fuel filter because I thought it might be the wrong one because here in the states Nissan cant get parts for my engine very easy, well atleast here in New York State. I currently have a fuel filter that is currently running in the new skool sentras an altimas.. I will keep you posted and I really am Greatful on your input. :)

MyFlySkylineGTR R32

So I found The Problem. I went and checked all wires and relays and i come across the relay in the trunk, as im looking at the relay itself and its wires along with it i notice new Tape. I unpeel it and find that someone either at the shop or at storage unit must have tryed to sabatage me. I found a wire that Was fully Stripped and was hitting the metal trunk latch.. Go figure. :tisk: anyways All is GOOD. Thank you For your Help. :dblthumb:

themadscientist

Happy it all worked out! ;)

MyFlySkylineGTR R32

:facepalm: Hey Everyone It has happend Again.. The Car wont Start :mad:
I Just replaced the fuel pump with a Walbro 255 and still no luck. as soon as I put the key in the ON position the Fuel pump fuse BLOWS.. The car Ran fine for 3 weeks and then the other day I started it and it was warming up i heard it stall then pick back up then shut off all together I just dont understand it? I know I dont have a bad injector because the car doesnt even get that far. I Also Just put a brand new Fuel Pump relay in thinking that would help but it didnt.. :facepalm: This has got me sooo sick and fed up.. I cant find out whats wrong thats why im turning to you guys for some help.. CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP!!! :gotme

themadscientist

You are halfway there. If you are blowing the fuse and you have a new pump AND you know somebody was f*** around with the wiring before, you need to look some more at that.

MyFlySkylineGTR R32

Would Anyone have a diagarm on how to run the wires for the live feed from the fuel pump I Guess it's called the Fuel pump Mod?

MyFlySkylineGTR R32

I Cant do the fuel pump mod because i cant bybass my apexi f/c

myrbhasvTecYO
Car: s13 240sx rb swap =]

maf?

qwertyz
Car: awd s14

maf? (OK)

I never heard of the fuel pump mod?
what you need is to check the wires again, get a wiring schematics(if you know how to read them) and check continuity on the wires that go from ecm to both of your relays (on and hi flow) to the fuel pump make sure you don't have a short somewhere else

Anthonygtr
Car: R32 Gtr

Thanks for the help guys, I had exactly the same problem as original post, after alotta buggering round, found the earth on the relay wasn't connected lol, connect up and fired first pop, knew strait away it was that as the injectors are insanely loud lol.
Thanks

themadscientist

Very loud indeed. I once convinced a guy who was pissing me off that he had a bad lifter using the injector solenoid noises.

tyndago

The FPCM goes bad every now and then. It is used to slow the pump speed down at low engine speeds. I have had one in an R32, and one in an R33 go bad.

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”