My Latest S13 Build

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
s13beast
Car: 94 5-speed silvert s14 sr, 91 hatchback dd.

So after an old lady killed my Silvia front vert,
I began another project.
Its a 89 s13 coupe base model.
Already got the horrible pop-ups gone.
Engine bay is already cleaned and painted. I removed all the wiring.
I started messing around some with the wiring for the bricks. Trying to decided how I want the fogs wired.
The new silvia front has bricks, Tomei corner lights, Tommy Kaira grill, oem fenders with a mega roll/pull, used hood, oem front bumper, hippo sleek front valance (matching side skirts), and im re-using the headlight brackets from the wreck.
Got the body harness pulled out. Im going to be doing a tuck. Fuse box will be behind the radio, and headlight wiring, ac wiring, lower harness, and wiper plug will be ran through where the upper harness comes through the firewall.
I pulled the dash to run wiring for body harness, gauges, boost controller, turbo timer, etc. I have an uncracked HUD dash with HUD unit and gauge cluster with a 9K redline tach from a jdm cluster that will be going in as well.

Finally got started on the oool trusty sr20 last night.
I think it had a small exhaust leak...
took the head off
Arp head studs and Apexi headgasket went on
got the motor Re-assembled. But had an unfortunate incident with the headgasket and the front cover. I will be dissasembling the motor again for a new Coswoth gasket.

Bought a new seat. It's a carbon fiber cobra misano seat. Not a fan of the color with black interior. Probably going to dye it.

Bought some jdmtyte Superstar 3-piece wheels that i will be drifting on. Shopping for some 5-inch lips.

Ruberize undercoated the underside and wheel wells and did the front 5-lug and z brakes. Have a lot of suspension parts to order. Sucks that most everything PBM has is out of stock right now.

Re-sprayed the engine bay sunrise red. Grinded off any surface rust. Also got my fenders in finally
Installed the bricks and Tomei corner lights.
And put on the Tommy Keira grill. Needs to be sanded and prepped for paint, and needs the badge made.
Got some more parts. Bc 264/264 cams, Bc valve springs, Bc titanium retainers, and Cosworth head gasket. Ignore the intake manifold and clutch. Thats for a different car.
Also I put a lsx in my hatch...lol
jk its for my friends s14

s13beast

Picked up moar goodies.
BC 264/264 cams, BC valve springs, BC titanuim retainers, Cosworth head gasket, and a stock t25. lol
Got a little buddy for my 2876. (t25 is for my extra sr20 going into my hatch)
The motor is 90% back together. All thats left is oil pan and waterpump.
Cosworth headgasket, New oem valve stem seals, BC cams, BC valve springs, BC titanium retainers, Mr. Gasket copper exhaust gasket, and Cometic intake manifold gasket.
Ignore my messy work area. :(
Motors in. Cleaning and organizing tools tmrw then I'm diving into the biggest wiring project I've ever done. Wish me luck haha
Got a digital climate control set up.
So I've been sick so I started fiddling around with my gauge clusters. I'm putting the factory HUD in my car. I have a uncracked HUD dash and all the wiring and goodies. So first off I removed the tach from the HUD cluster.
8k and jdm 9k tach side by side. The 9k tach is larger and has tabs that have to be cut in order for it to fit.
Modified tach in the cluster. Also had to swap out the digital section with an extra I had.
Next problem is the plastic trim on the HUD cluster is smaller. So I busted out the dremel and opened it up.
Too small.
Finished product. It's not perfect, but I'm sick so cut me some slack.
My friend painted my valve cover for me. Something to match the red bay better. Looks amazing in the sun.
Got my rear wheels on finally. Still have the car raised while i'm doing work to it though just to make it easier on me.

s13beast

Got my z32 trans, Short shifter, and 1-piece mazworx driveshaft. Waiting to get my mazworx adapter plate and sard 850cc injectors when its pulled off the motor.
Z32 trans and turbo installed. Trans was a pain to put on by myself haha
Motor is finally in. I still have to knotch my trans tunnel for the shifter.
Also I sold my cobra seat and picked of a set of reclinable Corbeau bucket seats.
And the entire underside of the car has been undercoated.
Lots more parts and updates on the way.

badbob2121
Car: 92 S13 Hatch ELLIS JUAN, 12 Mustang GT RTR

very, very nice... i want your trans setup..lol

JDM240SXcoupe
Car: 1992 240sx coupe
1991 Crx Si

Nice build thread! Yea im still waiting for my PBM PRO coilovers:( it'd been 2 months now grrr. But they said shipment will be there in a week or so haha.

SBC 240Z

Wow, awesome build

s13beast

Thanks guys. :D I still have a lot more plans for it. I sold my extra Sr swap so il probably be ordering a Mazworx cage this week.

EnjoiNismo
Car: 93 240sx

Awesome build :D,
I like you choice of wheels ^_^

mixeds14
Car: 240

EnjoiNismo wrote: I like you choice of wheels ^_^
x2....

Mor3noz240
Car: 93 240sx se

What a build :cool: cant wait to start mine....

The_caveman
Car: 93 nissan 240sx hatch(daily build)
1992 Coupe (drift build)
1990 240sx hatch(wrecked slut)
2008 hyundai sonota - girls car/reliable! i drive it better tho ;)

mixeds14 wrote:
EnjoiNismo wrote: I like you choice of wheels ^_^
x2....
x3

OutToWinPAHC
Car: 2015 Silverado, R33 GTST, R32 GTR, RB20 E46 RHD, 2015 Harley Vrod Muscle, 1990 Nissan Patrol

Nice build so far, didn't look like the silvert was dead dead tho just a little crunched.

s13beast

I'm very picky about my cars though. I don't want anything that's been previously wrecked. It was worse than it looked, the driver side strut tower was a little tweaked an the suspension was jacked. The insurance company totaled it so I bought it back for $200. When they total a car on Alabama they send you a salvaged title and it can no longer be registered to any else unless the car was professionally rebuilt and inspected. I didn't feel like dealing with all of that. So I bought a 06 Titan for a dd and started taking my time with the car. I've done a lot more to it than what the pictures show.

s13beast

Well time for an update. A whole lot has happened since the last post.
I got the sr done and running on a wed night
Threw together a quick interior for a drift event that Saturday.
My sr started knocking on the 3rd run. Just 3 days after its initial crank.
Not 100% sure on the cause of it yet because I still haven't opened the sr.
SR ready to come out, Temporary KA ready to go in.
KA in
From a drift event in New Orleans just 2 days after the KA cranked.
SPL V2 tension rods, eagle rods, and a Haltech p1000 stand alone with 3bar map.
Tension rods on.
I purchased another ka just in case. Haha
So my plans for the sr is to open it soon and figure out why it's knocking, then order pistons, oil pump, and machine work.
Also about to order a instant gentleman kit.

Return to “240sx General Discussion”