My HOOD Won't Open!!!

A General Discussion forum for Altima owners, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to the NICOclub Altima Forums!
MadBlackCoupe
Car: 2008 2.5 Nissan Altima Black Coupe

Welcome the the wonderful word of MadBC, where, anything that can go wrong will go wrong...haha.

As a result of the snow last week, MadBC used a lot of a window wiper fluid to remove salt and wet snow grunge spraying off neighboring cars. At some point, the fluid went low and I got the blinking Windshield Fluid Low warning. Gotta love the early warning icons and messages.

Get home and try to open the hood. Pulled on the latch...nuffn. Tried again, nuffn. Opened the glove and read the manual to make sure I was doing the right thing...this is not rocket science and it shouldn't take a college degree to figure this out.

I immediately think...who was the last idiot that opened my hood? Hmmm, perhaps the guy who installed my nav system? Noooooooooooooooooooo!

So, I call Mr. Install. He says bring it by. Nice of him. He tries for two hours and couldn't figure it out, thinking the cable was loose and needed to be reconnected. Three of his cats try to figure it out...nufffn. He then says, it wasn't me. I'm figure, hmmm, didn't you have to cut the power to install the Z2? Did that by chance involve opening up the hood?

I only think this because I heard from the dealer that there is a latch you can disconnect if you are constantly opening the hood, so it doesn't catch while doing some work under the hood. When you're done, you just reconnect...presto.

Okay, no real proof, can't really blame anybody...could just be a bad cable that got cold as hell and snapped.

Well, bad idea to roll by there anyway, but it was Saturday and the dealer's shop had already closed.

Did a quick check, did these careless nutjobs scratch anything this time? No! Thank you Lord! lol But they do leave one of there tools in my ride...lol. It if ain't one thing...lol...

Took it to the dealer today and they promptly gave me a loaner car. This is not going to be easy and we have no idea what the prob is...they got nuffn! Getting at that latch is like trying to break in Fort Knox it sounds like...WTH??

The good news, I'm riding an 08 Altima Sedan. Ahhh, very nice!

Anyway, I'll keep you posted...

Cali 2 Balti G
Car: Desert Platinum G35 Coupe
Dodge Ram Quad Cab
Toyota Sequoia

Wow - that sucks. If the dealer bills you maybe you can pass it on to the stereo installer.

SHIFT_2.5S
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe 2.5S

Yeah, that really sucks. But hey, maybe you'll like the sedan more than the coupe.

rjdmmfl1
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe, Radiant Silver, 3.5SE, Premium Package, VDC

MAD, did you talk to Glen at GW. He's the owner, you should tell him of all of the problems you've had with the installs, hood, etc... hopefully he'll be reasonable. If not, there's always the better business bureau. Dear God, this is such an awful series of unfortunate events!

MadBlackCoupe

Who do you think is doing the install? lol

Seriously though, this issue may be unrelated.
rjdmmfl1 wrote:MAD, did you talk to Glen at GW. He's the owner, you should tell him of all of the problems you've had with the installs, hood, etc... hopefully he'll be reasonable. If not, there's always the better business bureau. Dear God, this is such an awful series of unfortunate events!

MadBlackCoupe

Hah! The coupe is Altima #4. I am well aware of the appeal of an Altima Sedan, trust me.

I got love for both actually.

MadBC
SHIFT_2.5S wrote:Yeah, that really sucks. But hey, maybe you'll like the sedan more than the coupe.

mcheddadi
Car: R8

SHIFT_2.5S wrote:Yeah, that really sucks. But hey, maybe you'll like the sedan more than the coupe.

SHIFT_2.5S

One you go, Black, you can't go back.

MadBlackCoupe

Crazy!

No, no, something like this:

Once you go Sedan, you'll never change man!

UPDATE! The dealer calls today:

The Hood cable snapped. They have no idea how it happened. When I said did he think the cold weather did it? He say, no, it could have come like that from the factory.

So, all in all, I can not actually atribute this to the installer.

Well, day two with the 08 Sedan. Parts are on the way. May be another two days before things are fixed up.

IT'S ALL UNDER WARANTY!

So, life is good and I'm enjoying the free rental!

A DIGRESSION!Funny thing. On the way to a holiday lunch with the office crew. We decide to drive with, let's call her GoofyGurl (GG for short). GG parked right beside my rentaSedan. We get to the car, she opens the front passenger door for our boss and boom, bumps the door agaist the rental. Oppps! Sorry, she says. I frantically try to brush the chunched paint chips off the car and make it look more presentable.

I don't think the rental co. will even notice. She brutalized the strip that runs across the car...G is as G does!

I'm just glad it wasn't my car because GG would be sending my ride to the dealer and paying for a rental car. If they do notice something...GG is on the clock!

So today, I am actually lucky! Imagine that!

-MadBC

SHIFT_2.5S

Don't thrash the rental too much...

MadBlackCoupe

I couldn't do that bro.

It's an Altima! I gotta respect that.

lol.

SHIFT_2.5S

Unlike that video that was posted earlier of the guy drifting in a rental Altima...

LinkNuc
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe 3.5 SE Super Black 6MT, Loaded minus Moon Roof Deflector

Good to hear that its getting repaired but as far as the rental, beat it like a rented mule, are you kidding me you should be runnig over jersey barriers withthat thing its a Rental, drive it at warp 2

MadBlackCoupe

Thanks guys!

The end of the story is:

I picked up the car today...ahhhhhhhhhhhh.

They actually had to break the gril to get into the hood. So, I got a new grill. No charge. Got an oil change while I was at it.

They said they believe the problem with the cable came from the manufacturer.

All's well the ends well.--MadBC

SHIFT_2.5S

Glad to hear that it's fixed and over.

Return to “Altima General Discussions”