My 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe w/Projectors/Halos

All things Altima Coupe.
DJ_B_Easy
Car: 2017 GMC Sierra All Terrain X

Thank you so much man, they actually look a lot better than I was expecting. Dont worry about the other pics of the cutoffs, another member posted them up for me.

downedzephyr
Car: 09 Altima Coupe 3.5se

DJBeasy wrote:Thank you so much man, they actually look a lot better than I was expecting. Dont worry about the other pics of the cutoffs, another member posted them up for me.
do you have this picture for the rest of us to see?

DJ_B_Easy

Search for a thread about "poor Stillen fascia new projectors" or something like that. I'm mobile can't do it right now. It's fairly recent.

Edit: its second from bottom on te first page in Coupe forum right now.

SanoSuKe

downedzephyr wrote:
DJBeasy wrote:Thank you so much man, they actually look a lot better than I was expecting. Dont worry about the other pics of the cutoffs, another member posted them up for me.
do you have this picture for the rest of us to see?
FTFY: accident-poor-stillen-fascia-t541617.html

downedzephyr

ah ok. i guess i'll start looking into these as an option

DJ_B_Easy

Im going to get them. My plan is to run these until I can afford a Dangeris retro, ship my OEMs off when I can and keep these installed, and then sell these when the retro is finished. Should make most of my money back and also not have to worry about not having headlights while he is retroing my OEMs.

downedzephyr

DJBeasy wrote:Im going to get them. My plan is to run these until I can afford a Dangeris retro, ship my OEMs off when I can and keep these installed, and then sell these when the retro is finished. Should make most of my money back and also not have to worry about not having headlights while he is retroing my OEMs.
a very sound idea. i might have to do the same :chuckle:

IBCoupe
Car: '08 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5SE
'19 Infiniti QX50 FWD
'17 BMW 330e iPerformance

Not a bad plan.

DJ_B_Easy

OP is everything still holding up OK with these headlights? Still like them and the quality?

funkee
Car: '08 Altima Coupe 3.5 SE

What did you do to your rear emblem?

jeffreey916
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe

funkee wrote:Image

What did you do to your rear emblem?
I bought a LED nissan logo emblem off of ebay, it was from hong kong so shipping took a few weeks. It has leds inside so it makes the outline light up. I also tinted mine a bit with VHT niteshades cause they were a little bright, but that was easily fixed. I drilled a hole in the trunk and wired it into the rear license plate wires.
Heres a link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-Tail-LED-Li ... 945wt_1037
they have different sizes, i forgot which one i got but thats how it looks like.

DJ_B_Easy

DJBeasy wrote:OP is everything still holding up OK with these headlights? Still like them and the quality?
???

djjsarai
Car: 2008 Nissan 350z
2010 Nissan Altima Coupe (SOLD)
2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8S Special Edition

jeffreey916 wrote:

How did you do the dash lights? Did Surman do them? or if they were done in a shop, how much did they cost? Nice Coupe I love the headlights.

jeffreey916

djjsarai wrote:
jeffreey916 wrote:

How did you do the dash lights? Did Surman do them? or if they were done in a shop, how much did they cost? Nice Coupe I love the headlights.
No, i did it myself. I managed to remove the plastic in front of the dash. The LEDs are actually white, it is just an orange filter on the plastic. I scraped off the orange with a pocket knife, went better than i expected. For the blue, some people used clear stain glass paint, but i didnt want it to get messy so i just used transparent blue tape that i got off of ebay. Heres a picture of the plastic part that i removed.

jeffreey916

DJBeasy wrote:OP is everything still holding up OK with these headlights? Still like them and the quality?
Hey, sorry for answering so late. I just saw this post -_-
Anyways, its been like 2-3 months and they're still perfect just like day one. No fogging in the lights, and i love them. I would say it's a really good quality, even comes with a warranty so if anything happens i can just get new ones. I just wish i didnt pay so much for them.

DJ_B_Easy

Cool, thanks for the reply.

djjsarai
Car: 2008 Nissan 350z
2010 Nissan Altima Coupe (SOLD)
2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8S Special Edition

jeffreey916 wrote:
No, i did it myself. I managed to remove the plastic in front of the dash. The LEDs are actually white, it is just an orange filter on the plastic. I scraped off the orange with a pocket knife, went better than i expected. For the blue, some people used clear stain glass paint, but i didnt want it to get messy so i just used transparent blue tape that i got off of ebay. Heres a picture of the plastic part that i removed.
Thanks for the reply! :biggrin: Nice job with the tape. My 2010 Altima coupe dash is white, no orange paint. Thanks for letting me know how you did it, I might be making mine purple to match the car.

Irvxing
Car: 2011 Altima Coupe 2.5s M/T

Those lights are sick! What part of Texas do you live on?

jeffreey916

Irvxing wrote:Those lights are sick! What part of Texas do you live on?
thanks! I live in houston.

sickkwidit
Car: 09 Alitma coupe 2.5

would you recommend these ebay lights?

jeffreey916

sickkwidit wrote:would you recommend these ebay lights?
Well, i really like them and so far so good. Quality is excellent, so yes i would recommend these. But be prepared to spend around $500.

Nero 9
Car: 2010 Altima Coupe 2.5

[quote="jeffreey916"]Hi guys, i'm new here :]
I just thought i'd join cause i recently installed some awesome headlights on my 2008 A/C, and i've always been looking around the forums for help on my car. Also installed some LED strips from ebay :chuckle:
Here are some pics:

Bumper removed+one of the headlights in!

hey man i think these are the exact headlights i plan on getting for my coupe. i have 2010 in Black. on ebay its 2008-2010 Nissan Altima Twin CCFL Halo Projector LED Headlights 2D Black Coupe. I wrote the seller and he said the HID KIT needs to be a non Xenon System. What kind did you get?

jeffreey916

Nero 9 wrote:
hey man i think these are the exact headlights i plan on getting for my coupe. i have 2010 in Black. on ebay its 2008-2010 Nissan Altima Twin CCFL Halo Projector LED Headlights 2D Black Coupe. I wrote the seller and he said the HID KIT needs to be a non Xenon System. What kind did you get?
Yeah there are a bunch of different sellers with pretty much the same items on ebay, but i'm pretty sure i got xenon hids. They are from hidextra.com so you can check it out if you like. I havent seen any problems so far..so idk haha.

DJ_B_Easy

So I got my set today, must say Im not 100% happy with them (Dangeris NO COMMENTS!). Things I noticed are evident in the pics in this thread, you just have to be looking specifically for them.

1) There is a gap between the reflector bowl for the high beam and also the projector bowl and the actual black headlight housing/halo mounting point. You can see it in this pic:

2) That enables you to be able to see directly into the housing and subsequently some wires for the halos. Im at work so not sure if I can get in there and tuck the wires back or not.
3) The orange reflector (to the side of the LEDs) doesnt meet flush with the black housing, there is about an 1/8" gap between.
4) Something is defintely rattling around inside both of them. Again, not sure if that can be fixed since Im at work.

Jeffreey916, do the halos and LEDs run off of the same power source? I think they do based on your pics and the way your LEDs and halos light at the same time without any headlights on. I only see the red/black lead going to what would be the OEM parking light (LEDs on these) and then a ballast underneath with another red/black lead, and two white/blue leads. I think the white/blue leads go to the halos...since I can see them through the gap next to the reflector bowls.

Ranga14
Car: Boosted 08 Altima Coupe 3.5

Is it me or does that headlight have scuff marks at the bottom of it???

DJ_B_Easy

Ranga14 wrote:Is it me or does that headlight have scuff marks at the bottom of it???
Its an etched part number and other techy things. Thats another issue, dont really care for that right at the nose of my car.

These are all little monir details that if you are just glancing over the car wont notice. But if you have it in your hand and are as nit picky as I am you will see them.

Ranga14

haha, yeah, I'm fairly nit picky so I'd probably be annoyed. :P

DJ_B_Easy

Alright so I just got home and did a full inspection on these, both driver and passenger sides are BROKEN. The reflector bowl and projector bowl are actually connected inside the housing as 1 piece. When I flip them over they both move around very visibly, hence the huge gap and rattling on the inside. The gap between them and the black housing is clearly not supposed to be there, OP Id give yours a once over too because it looks like yours are busted as well. The reflector bowl actually shows chips a little around the edge where it separated from the housing.

Ranga14

DJBeasy wrote:Alright so I just got home and did a full inspection on these, both driver and passenger sides are BROKEN. The reflector bowl and projector bowl are actually connected inside the housing as 1 piece. When I flip them over they both move around very visibly, hence the huge gap and rattling on the inside. The gap between them and the black housing is clearly not supposed to be there, OP Id give yours a once over too because it looks like yours are busted as well. The reflector bowl actually shows chips a little around the edge where it separated from the housing.
Is a return in order? ha

DJ_B_Easy

Well...

Through some more tinkering, I think thats actually how they are supposed to be. I popped the backing off the light fixtures and got my hand in there and realized they were moving on a tracked route, not just wherever they wanted. There is an adjustment screw on the back and by way of quite a few turns I got everything to tighten back up. Im sure getting the cutoffs to look decent Ill have to dial them back down so we'll see. I also dont like the fact that I can see the wires for the halos at all. Going to have to figure out a way to cover that up. If they were red/black I wouldnt mind as much, but they are white/blue.

And the chips on the bowl? They were actually a reflection of a piece inside the housing that was floating around free causing the rattling. It came out, looks like nothing important haha! But all bowl edges are in fact intact.

Tested the LEDs and halos, they actually look really good. Very bright, had them laying on my engine cover and they lit up most of the engine bay.

Return to “Altima Coupe (2008-2013)”