More State Legal Skyline Issues

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

Hey Sean,

I remember reading a thread on SDU a long time ago when you were drag racing big bird and playing with boost/nitrous combos. A lot has changed since then...

Just my .02, but it seems like you've turned into that old guy on the porch yelling at the kids to get off his grass. Don't sweat the small s*** bro...and it's all small s***.

tyndago

WDRacing wrote: I remember reading a thread on SDU a long time ago when you were drag racing big bird and playing with boost/nitrous combos. A lot has changed since then...
Just my .02, but it seems like you've turned into that old guy on the porch yelling at the kids to get off his grass. Don't sweat the small s*** bro...and it's all small s***.
Still the same guy. Still race. Still play with boost and nitrous. Still the same guy when it comes to illegally imported cars. I have tolerated them over the years, but I don't like them. Still trying to help and inform the Skyline owners. However, if they don't want to know the truth, or think I am lying about things, all they need to do, is look at the information I have posted on forums, and my blogs the last 12 years.

If you want a race car, you import a car as a legal race car, the way we did. http://vehicleimport.blogspot.com/2007/ ... ly-to.html.

There is a right way, and a way these guys are doing it. Ignorance of the law is not an excuse. If they have a serious issue with what they bought, go back and take issue with the person they bought the car from. If they had done their due diligence then, they would not be in this mess. Instead, ignorant consumers have driven this market, with the shady importers taking the money.

For 12 years I have been putting out information on this subject. The only thing that most people do, is complain about the price, and say they "ain't got emissions testing in my state." When you are in my position, and trying to do everything importation related correctly, to minimize these hassles, how would you feel, when the guys doing it wrong get popped. I have tolerated the state titled cars for years. I think I have talked to most of the guys that have done import, and titling in the US. Everything from bringing in complete cars, to driving them down from Canada.http://vehicleimport.blogspot.com/2010/ ... adian.html

From 2008, and a post on this forum. http://vehicleimport.blogspot.com/2008/ ... d-s15.html

These mainstream seizures have been happening since 2008. http://vehicleimport.blogspot.com/2008/ ... texas.html

There are others, but they aren't as public as the ones from forum posters.

http://vehicleimport.blogspot.com/2009/ ... on-17.html
THIS SETTLEMENT AGREEMENT is made and entered into by and between the United States Environmental Protection Agency EPA and David Nelson of Tacoma, Washington Respondent.

4. 40 C.F.R. § 85.15 13 prohibits the importation of a motor vehicle which in not covered by a certificate of conformity.

5. Section 216a2 of the Act defines motor vehicle as any self-propelled vehicle designed for transporting persons or property on a street or highway. EPA has further explained that a disassembled vehicle or an approximate disassembled vehicle constitutes a motor vehicle. EPA Kit Car Policy July 8, 1994.

11. In August of 2006, Respondent imported 17 motor vehicles Customs and Border Protection Customs entry number AC 1-8261233-6. Customs detained this shipment at the Port of Portland, Oregon, and has subsequently seized the shipment.
There are many more. For every one guy that gets caught, there are 10 others that do not.

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

This stuff is so convoluted and unsettling I even worry about bringing my RS back. I live in fear of some misinformed douche crushing my car before he can be convinced he's wrong.

tyndago

themadscientist wrote:This stuff is so convoluted and unsettling I even worry about bringing my RS back. I live in fear of some misinformed douche crushing my car before he can be convinced he's wrong.
Cars very rarely get crushed. They get sold for export. Why crush it when the government can turn your car into a revenue machine.

If you are correct and you do everything right you have nothing to fear.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Seems to me we had a rash of cars "disappear" from AZ about 5-6 years ago.

Course, that's when Cameron Wieldraayer was rolling around in cars of *questionable* lineage, playing "big-shot importer" and slinging grey market cars.

tyndago

AZhitman wrote:Seems to me we had a rash of cars "disappear" from AZ about 5-6 years ago.Course, that's when Cameron Wieldraayer was rolling around in cars of *questionable* lineage, playing "big-shot importer" and slinging grey market cars.
Cameron Wieldraayer, almost forgot about that guy. I read an old thread on him.

warning-cameron-wieldraayer-at-it-again-t115578.html

Its really not grey market if its illegally imported, its black market. There is no grey in that situation.
AZhitman wrote:The process has a flaw, despite having a VIN and a registration, the car is not legalized.

Taking advantage of "loopholes" long enough to offload a car is almost as bad as taking advantage of people who don't do their pre-buy research.
We all know it. If the buyers were better educated, the illegal importers couldn't continue to import illegal cars.

All someone needs to do to check a car, is call the NHTSA/OVSC at 202 366 5291 and give them the chassis number to check. However, a legal car is a lot more expensive than a state titled car, and this becomes the justification.

Just because we "WANT" does not mean we can "HAVE".

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

What if we yell "surprise!" ?

defycommon
Car: s14 awaiting rb swap

as always people do not like to hear the harsh brutal truth. If i was informed by someone who started importation of the skyline, and a fed agent that was siezing them i would listen very closely. Alot of people wanna bash motorex saying they rebadged 32's and 34's as 33's to pass by the government. I dont think so. do not ever trust the government period.
More then likely what happened was the government said it was ok and went back on their word. you will get a different answer everytime from the government. NO, i was not there i can not say first hand what went down. But i will say i do not trust the government at all or their words. I worked for the government and dealt with them. Basically, it works likes this, they dont care and nothing happens unless you payoff someone at all levels. Thats the facts period. we live in the capitalist country.lol
Why ?, the government is so far gone and ruled by bohemian society and others like that. What or who are they ? the top 10 percent of america. Park davis, the bushs, senate, congress, actors, people unheard of, and families that have been running the country for decades. Along with their friends, and all about money and power. yes weapons, and drugs too. The take care of each other, friends and family. it will never change until all those people get bored with money and power, which will never happen. Or a really bad war and wipes out most of america and the government. then its mad max, everyone for themselfs.
Sean is right and was there from the get go. He helped open doors for us to have a truely awsome car. Thank you Sean and motorex. If it was not for them we would not be whining, complaining, or arguing about these cars. Yes others have followed thinking they could pull it off but lying the whole way. Cheating buyers and themselfs by improper procedure. making it only worse, thank you idots. which now has raised a red flag catching the attention of the man. And yes it will take alot of cash to get the government to get off skylines. Or help from Jay Leno and people with money and power that would help us out or have personal stake in it.
SO lets give respect to someone trying to help from the inside and since the beginning. We need to pull together and start getting some flow for our government puppet. Yes it takes money and lots of it. Thats the cold hard truth. So lets get the flow and creative pays here. you are either part of the problem or part of the solution. where do you stand ?
Ohh by the go wiener , lmao
:dblthumb:

tyndago

defycommon wrote: motorex saying they rebadged 32's and 34's as 33's to pass by the government. I dont think so. do not ever trust the government period.
More then likely what happened was the government said it was ok and went back on their word. you will get a different answer everytime from the government. NO, i was not there i can not say first hand what went down. But i will say i do not trust the government at all or their words. I worked for the government and dealt with them.
I just spoke to d!ck Merritt at the NHTSA/DOT again on a Show or Display application I put in on a car. It was a little funny, because I knew exactly what he was going to say.

I knew what we were going to talk about. I knew the points and things he was going to bring up. I think its funny, because I have the experience of dealing with these people. I am an enthusiast, but I am a realist. I play by the rules, I do what "they" ask me to do. Remember that. We did what the NHTSA/DOT asked when we were at Motorex.

The NHTSA/DOT reviewed Motorex's application for nearly 2 years before there was an approval. Think about that. Your job is to check out applications to verify compliance, two years later you approve it. Then 3-4 years later you decide to start questioning that same thing. They had pictures, brochures, tons of information on all 3 models.

Underneath, the R32, R33, R34 GT-R are nearly exactly the same. Do me a favor, anyone here. Get a whole RB26 engine and transmission/transfercase. Drop it into a R32-R33-R34. Either way. See if the mounts don't all line up. See if there are any modifications you need to make to the major support structures that hold the entire driveline in. The whole front subframe which is a huge part of the crash structure of the vehicle is the same. The widths and heights on the rails and chassis are all nearly the same. The R34 is an evolution of the R33, which was an evolution of the R32.

The minor items are different, but they are not considered part of the crash structure - front bumper cover, headlights, fenders.

Anyway, back to my Show or Display application. I got told to "not hold my breath". I love those guys. They are so easy to deal with.

tyndago

Still nothing on the Show or Display request I put in. You have to love a place that it takes four months, and six calls to get a hold of someone.

A yes or no would give me something to build on.

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”