More BS with the SKYLINE GT-R : WISCONSIN

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
tyndago

http://www.gtrusablog.com/2012/05/more- ... -gt-r.html

More BS from local governments, and the Nissan Skyline GT-R. Justin Beno had a couple of R33 GT-R's that he literally built up from nothing. There is a lot to the full stories, and the stories will be eventually told, but here is what is currently happening with the cars.
But he, like many other Skyline enthusiasts, remained convinced there were legal ways to do it. He sought advice from the state Department of Transportation and eventually got a state trooper to inspect the purple car and issue him a title for it.
That success led him to go through the same process in acquiring, restoring and registering the yellow car, but that's when his luck turned. In January 2010, he learned that the state erred in issuing a title to the purple car, that the title was being rescinded and that neither it nor Big Bird would ever be deemed street legal.
He also learned that the cars' firewall identification number tags had been removed illegally, and that it was against the law even to possess vehicles without those ID tags.

States handle titles. The Federal government handles importing. In the case of these cars, the blue identifier plate was not attached to the car, but the chassis number was still stamped into the firewall. The blue plate has information on the car color, the engine, the transmission, the options, and is held in place by plastic rivets. It is closer to a build sheet, or door label than the VIN number. The actual VIN number/Chassis number of a GTR is stamped into the firewall. It is called a chassis number, because they do not have VIN's in Japan. We are not allowed to assign VIN's to cars, because that would be illegal according to the DOT. We use the chassis number.

Eikon
Car: 71 240z, 93 Supra TT

Local article from Green Bay.

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/art ... |FRONTPAGE

I know Justin personally. I've ridden in the purple car. This is a shame..

But, it should be a lesson to everyone.. don't mess with grey-market skylines. Don't believe importers who say they can do it legally.

tyndago

tyndago

I am going to put my money where my mouth is, and give them a fight. I could use some help.

http://fnd.us/c/bJh52

tyndago

View this entire album: Motorex

tyndago

View this entire album: R33 Skyline GT-R - Big Bird

jbracy7
Car: 94 GTS TYPE-M in a dozen pieces

That sucks man good luck in keeping them

tyndago

PLXGirl

Damn! I wish they'll let us keep these awesome cars. It's total BS that the government continuously induce laws to take away our freedom to own these Skylines even though some of us has attempted to compromise.

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”