More @&*$# Broken Handles

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
tommybluez
Car: 09' G37X

Hey Everyone,

Wondering if anyone else here has had major issues with door handle breakage in cold climates?

I have a 2009... in January 2012, pulled on the Driver door and heard a sickening crunch... the handle broke and would not open the door from inside or out. At the time, I was literally 2-3k out of warranty. After some arguing, the dealer (Autoplace Infiniti, Amherst, NY,) very reluctantly covered the repair.

Fast forward to just under a year later, Dec of 2012, same exact thing happens w/ the passenger door. I tried to be proactive and start a case with Infiniti Consumer Affairs... long story short, they did not cover it and the dealer ended up charging me almost 25% more than what was quoted the first repair go around.

Move forward to n ow, January 2014, my driver door just broke this morning. AND my rear passenger door. I am absolutely livid. I'm not sure what to do at this point, but I can't afford to shell out another 800-1000 dollars on these stupid handles/repairs.

Anyone have any suggestions for re-course/getting them to pay?

Note - that after I had to have the second one fixed I never wash my car if it's under 36° out -- I have simply been paranoid this sh*t would break again

I'm at a loss. I love my Infiniti, but 4 handles on a 2009 seems ludicrous for a Luxury Marque.

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

Why are you washing your car in the winter?

Water freezes

I'm on my second Infiniti and never had that problem
I never wash my car in the winter either

Telcoman

larsG35
Car: '04 G35 6MT sedan

How cold is it getting in NY these days?

I'm in Minneapolis and my G35 has seen some nearly -20 degrees F days and no broken handles on my end. I even sometimes wash my car in the winter too (wipe out the door frames, etc when done if it's below freezing).

Not to say there are no issues when it's this cold. The fan blowers start squealing if it's below about 10 degrees and the clutch and stick are pretty stiff until the transmission is warmed up.

It really just seems like bad luck... is there anyway you can get a warranty on just door handles?? It's supposed to get to about -15 in a couple days here, fingers crossed I haven't spoke too soon.

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”